Suikoden Utopian and Illegal Keystone Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Holidays!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Goldy

Kooluk Companions

543627 Potch
467 Soldiers
4141829 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 9:37 am    Post subject: Holidays! Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Where have you been on Holidays??
Where do you plan on going??

Where i have been
Ibiza i was there in 2001 for two weeks during the peak summer season to celebrate my 21st birthday! Great weather, great beaches, great food/drink, great pubs, clubs and music! What can i say, it was my first holiday outside of Ireland and i enjoyed every second of it!

Amsterdam and Den Haag my girlfriend and i went over to visit a friend who was working in Den Haag so we decided to stay in Amsterdam first then on down to Den Hagg, then back to Amsterdam, for about 10 days in total. And yeah we didnt smoke any weed, im just not interested in that type of stuff. I would highly recommend Amsterdam for a great city break.

Edinburgh a group of us went there for a week. Lots to see lots to do, my girlfriend loved all the shops! It has some fantastic Architecture if you are into that kind of stuff (me being into that because i am an Architectural Technologist :) )

Paris went there for two weeks with the college to do a project in the school of architecture. It was more of a holiday than anything elce! A fantastic city full of some of the best Architecure i have seen. Plus we were there when Ireland beat England in the Rugby 6 Nations, what a night that was!

Manchester been over there for two soccer matches, against Deportivo and Real Madrid in the Champions League in the 2002 2003 season! Both classic matches!

Cardif went over of the FA Charity Shield, beside the result it was a great weekend, drank lots and didnt see much!

Where i plan on going
America going to New York and Boston for two weeks this summer. Really looking foward to that because i have never been to the US.

Round the World Trip Yep im definetly going to do this, take in Asia, Australia, New Zealand and what ever elce i can squeeze in!

Ok, your turn!
Lunarblade

White Wolf Templars

1428 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Let's see...most of the time I've been in America...seen Florida, California, and some other places. Never been to New York though, which is odd because I go to college in the state of New York and live in Boston. :?

Outside the US, I've been to the Carribbean islands...though I forget which one. I think it was St. Maarten, the one with the Dutch and French sides (the Dutch side was much nicer, btw). I've also been to Montreal in Canada, it was really nice, but it was during the winter so it was just a WEE bit cold. It's kinda cool that they go underground in the winter though.

In the short term I'd like to see New York and Toronto (see the Red Sox play there, maybe :P ), in the long term I'd like to go to Poland (land of some of my ancestors) and maybe some other European countries. Maybe a short visit to Japan or Austrailia too.

Sinocard wrote:
I dont think I am above women, I think I am above everyone.
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Spain, Portugal, Italy (visiting family), France, Florida and the Floriday Keys, California, Carribean Islands - Grandy Cayman and Bahamu (spelling?)

The last two, I got free trips and traveled business class as my father worked out in the Carribean for years and years.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Aesa

Those Who Slumber

427118 Potch
250 Soldiers
5 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Kentucky, Ohio, North Carolina, Kansas, Missouri, and Canada (Manitulan Island)

I hope to some day good to Tokyo and check out the sites (unlikely to be soon)

The setting sun means the rise of a new day...
...excepting for Ragnarok, of course

~Tinto~
Crono

Something Wicked

162570 Potch
200 Soldiers
40 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

In late July/early August I'm going to Amsterdam, then Berlin, then north of Hamburg. And I WILL be trying all "that stuff" in Amsterdam. And Germany will be great to get my drink on, especially at the three day metal concert I'm going to. :mrgreen:
We have an urge to kill
And our lust for blood has to be fulfilled
We'll fight 'till the end, and send our enemies straight to hell!"
Earthquake923

SB90's Mechanized Monsters

179201 Potch
0 Soldiers
778121 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wow, don't I feel sheltered. The farthest North I've ever been is Canada(nice alittle foggy). The farthest south is Florida/Texas(way too hot for me).
Where are you from. I see that you were in Edinburgh. I have close family in Aberdeen(sp). They keep me up to my eyes in Jelly Babies.
It's nice to see you're coming to NY. I would suggest if have time and money to hit up a Broadway show, and eat pizza. The pizza in NY is the best in all the world. They say it's the water.
Drummsta

Cheesier Monsters!

5500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You guys have been to such fun sounding places!

I just recently got angry with my parents about this. I know I sound like a whiny baby but I have my reasons which I won't mention here...too much writing. But anyway I've only been to places in the states. I've been to many states (including Bahamas my fave place yet) but I want to go to other places too!!!!!!!!!! I've been to Florida about 7 times...maybe more but I yearn go somewhere else such as Italy or China/Hongkong!!!!!!!!! I know that it's expensive but, really, you don't have to be rich to go. You just need planning...My friends always get to go to thier homeland (or at least thier parents homeland) my parents haven't gone since they immigrated here!!!! I think it's high time we go, especially since we've been SAYING that we would go for so long! But then we moved...blah blah blah...it's a whole big subject. All in all I would just like to travel the world. And I damn well plan to when I'm older!

The Invincible Weeds

803820 Potch
0 Soldiers
2 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, I've been to several places around the U.S. I have been practically to every place in Montana (home state) and have travelled to South Dakota, Wyoming, California, Pennsylvania, Minnesota, Ohio, and Iowa to visit friends (well, my parents friends mostly) and family. We are going to make a trip to Portland, Oregon in June because I my brother's planning to go to school there. I've been to Calgary, Edmonton, and Waterton Lakes in Canada. I don't have any particular place I want to go. I don't especially like to travel.

Kooluk Companions

543627 Potch
467 Soldiers
4141829 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Crono, They have lots of different types of coffee in all those lovely Cafe' I didnt drink any though because i aint a coffee drinker Seriously.

Earthquake923, I am from Ireland (looks at the bottom of my sig....see?) Yeah i will be squeezing in as much of New York as i can before we head up to Niagra Fall then over to Boston.

Drummsta, What about Ireland?? Everyone (well nearly everyone) loves Ireland :wink:
Earthquake923

179201 Potch
0 Soldiers
778121 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If you intend to visit Niagra Falls, just visit the Canadian side. Unfortunatly the American side is just a bunch of tourist traps. The Canadian side is much nicer.
Goldy

Kooluk Companions

543627 Potch
467 Soldiers
4141829 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
just visit the Canadian side

Yep, thats what i have been told to do. Aparently the view is supposed to be better too, yeah/no??
Admiral Ackbar

Seekers of Hawke's Hot Stuff

1008758 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, every Valentine's Day I creep into my room and contemplate homicide.

Does that count?

Sometimes for Thanksgiving I'm forced to go to Ohio. That place is too cold >_<

^Actual quote!
Earthquake923

179201 Potch
0 Soldiers
778121 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Blue Thunder wrote:
Well, every Valentine's Day I creep into my room and contemplate homicide.

Does that count?

Huh?
I never been myself, but a friend of mine said that view is better, and it's not nothing but cheap hotels. I would tell you to pack warm, but the climate is about the same as Ireland. I froze my butt off. In August.
Ranadiel

The Squirrel Mob

68112 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have travelled all over the place during my life. When I was younger my family and I used to always go to Florida for Christmas because my grandparents and aunt and uncle live up there. During those visits we generally stayed at Disneyworld for a little bit since it was there. The first few times we went, we travelled by car, so I have spent a little bit of time in all of the states between Texas and Florida although I barely remember that time. In a couple of later trips over to Florida we went by Universal Studios as well. I think that we are planning another trip down there this summer as well.

Four or five years a go I went to the Boy Scout's National Jamboree. While there the group I was with did some site seeing in Washington DC and a couple of placesin Pennsylvania(if I remember correctly). Then there was the camping which wasn't too interesting.

I went on a cruise just before the Jamboree with my family. It started out in Florida and then went down to the Bahamas and Mexico. I spent the majority of the time on the ship(it is so nice on the ship when everyone else is off), but I did spend at least a couple of mins at each stop. I went on the cruise again with my family last summer. I think we are planning on going again in two or three summers.

As far as future plans go, I plan one of these days to go to Gencon in southern California to see my best freind who graduated from my school last year. I also am going to be going to England and France next summer with some freinds of mine. I'm really looking forward to seeing Stonehenge. There are a few other things on the trip that I am looking forward to seeing also. Finally one day I plan to go to Japan for a little bit. I haven't figured out when though. I'm hoping sometime in the next ten or so years.

Drummsta wrote:

But anyway I've only been to places in the states. I've been to many states (including Bahamas my fave place yet) but I want to go to other places too!!!!!!!!!!

Uhm correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe that the Bahamas are part of the United States. I mean I believe you need a passport to get to them which implies leaving the country.

Titles: Harmonian Tenki Star, Harmonian Jousting Champion
Drummsta

Cheesier Monsters!

5500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Actually I wasn't quite sure but when we went we used american currency and we didn't need a passport. So I'm assuming it's a state. Oh wait! I just asked my mom...it's a country by itself and the reason we didn't need a passport is because we're (Canada) friendly with them. So then I've travelled to the states, a couple places in Canada and the Bahamas.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Community Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: