Suikoden Uncouth and Illusional Kriegspiel Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Kika's Falcon Rune
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alicia Longfellow

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 3:30 am    Post subject: Kika's Falcon Rune Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Has Konami released any info on how Kika got her rune, and who trained her? I know Valeria and Anita were pupils of Rounder Haia, but who taught Kika? I guess I'm just curious.

I am also wondering if the Falcon rune comes from another True Rune, like all the lesser elemental runes do? I think that would be really interesting--I'd love for the hero of a future game to have a True Falcon Rune or something. :D
Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It is extremely unlikely there is a True Falcon Rune. What does it govern, swordplay? No, we are not even sure that the Command Runes really are Runes at all, or if the game just portrays them as Runes mechanically for gameplay purposes. It -is- possible that they are actual Runes, of course, but you're not going to find a True Rune devoted to just that type of Rune. There are simply too many, and no matter how cool the bearers of the Falcon Runes are, it doesn't make a True Falcon Rune any more feasible.
Trevoke

The missing liberty

25000 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

There are only 27 True Runes.
Consider...
Earth
Wind
Water
Fire
Lightning
Soul Eater
Punishment
Gate

From the type of Rune you see there? Would you say a True Falcon Rune is likely?
sybillious

Ebony Moon Knights

981865 Potch
59 Soldiers
60 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

no, i remember someone stating that the falcon rune is man made; this eliminates the possibility of there being a true falcon rune. there are others as well *man made, that is* so keep in mind that not all runes are born of true runes.

gotta gotta get a...SPICE WEASEL!

to paraphrase my fellow mod, parallax:
I hate my job with the passionately burning intensity of a thousand fiery suns.
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't get this assumption that Roundier Haia was the father of Falcon swordsmanship and thus Kika MUST have some EVIL SECRET!!! about her owning a rune.

Isn't it obvious and much more likely that Kika most likely studied under someone and got the rune, and that Roundier Haia did the same later and eventually became a master himself, in time, to teach Valeria and Anita?
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Exile

Sword Brothers

6894145 Potch
200 Soldiers
91 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I, personally, never thought Roundier Haia was the father of it, always thought he just taught that method of fighting, like Long Chan Chan teaches a method of fighting (I'd assume Roundier to be a more serious teacher however!). Kika probably did just study the method from someone else way back when and then used the rune herself, perhaps she's self taught? It's not impossible.

However, I do have a question regarding what sybillious said, I would like to know if there is any information on how exactly a rune is man made, it sounds odd to have man made runes to me...we know things like cyclone and wind descend from the true wind rune but how is a falcon rune ascertained? Some form of manipulation of existing runes? I'd appreciate it if anyone that has any knowledge regarding this would post it for me.

Cry woe, destruction, ruin, and decay -
The worst is death, and death will have his day.
Milan Fiori

Vanguard Elite

715991 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

We had this discussion in another thread, All it says is Roundier created the Falcon Runes, not how he went about it. For all know he could have a true rune. And has anyone noticed Chris' Pheonix Rune is really really similar to the Falcon Rune?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Milan Fiori wrote:
All it says is Roundier created the Falcon Runes, not how he went about it.

Wait. Hold up. Rewind.

Do we have a source of Roundier Haia creating the Falcon Runes?
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Milan Fiori

Vanguard Elite

715991 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Not off the top of my head... Ask Black Fang or Fliktor because one of them quoted it before I believe.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Exile

Sword Brothers

6894145 Potch
200 Soldiers
91 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't think that would be anything too significant John, it depends if you interpret it as Roundier Haia creating (inventing, as in the first) or creating them via a method perhaps handed down to him and he is in a line of people with that ability.

Of course if it's the first interpretation and Kika has one then it means Roundier Haia has to have a true rune to have survived that long and be able to train Anita, Valeria and Kika. As I said, I doubt that information's very significant, unless you would care to point out otherwise to me, I'm open to other ideas.

That is of course if that's the reason you asked that question...I dunno.

John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The reason I asked if that the source specifically denoted Roundier Haia as the sole creator of all Falcon Runes, then it invalidates my theory.

But, yes, there's no reason to assume that just because Roundier Haia can make Falcon Runes that no-one in the past could do the same and possibly pass the technique on, eventually reaching... Roundier Haia.
Exile

Sword Brothers

6894145 Potch
200 Soldiers
91 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ah alright, looks like we're on the same page with this one then. I'd be happier if whoever made the quote Milan Fiori is referring to would drop by this thread to clear it up, as to the specifics of the information he has mentioned, though.

Out of interest, any reason been alluded to as to why is it always women with the falcon rune in game, I thought Roundier Haia was male just going by the name (though I suppose I don't know any men called Roundier), was I wrong?

Milan Fiori

Vanguard Elite

715991 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'll look for the thread in alittle bit, but I've always stood by that all runes are created from a true rune. And really there isn't enough information to say either way.

John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Tradition in the series, perhaps? I only call Roundier Haia a 'he' because it's the default gender when the gender of a person is unknown.
Exile

Sword Brothers

6894145 Potch
200 Soldiers
91 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Thanks Milan, yeah, true enough John, I just wondered if it was confirmed either way to be honest, I suppose it doesn't particularly matter though, if s/he is ever a key figure in the game as opposed to a background element I'm sure I'll work it out.

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Character Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: