Suikoden Ugly and Illusional Kraalesque Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

The Old Nation System
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Exile

Sword Brothers

Potch
Soldiers
91 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 5:48 am    Post subject: Re: Re: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

[quote="Locke":unp3h37v][quote="Elc":unp3h37v]We are doing quite well with the place, but I would like to ask for more people to check into the Scarlet Moon Empire. They're a good group of people, but they're getting a bit lonely with most of the people trying to find some way into the super powers.

Yeah, pretty much all the active members of there have either gone to a new country, or aren't playing. I'm just kinda sitting around seeing whats happening. It appears though, that the SME is dead. Which isn't much fun for me. I don't have the time to be a leader, but I do want to participate in the game. And being in a dead country is no fun.

Locke, you're wrong and I have no idea how you got this impression. Perhaps because the admin has himself resorted to asking for a bit of help for us.

Our lack of members probably stems from a few things, our leader was a mercenary and therefore had little draw in bringing in his former compatriots from this site and neither himself or the other members were using the IRC channel to recruit or actively trying to do so like it seemed several other nations did, nothing wrong with the fact they did, we just didn't go that route and were letting things progress naturally. We don't have members from the other Suikoden sites who have brought people over from Due Fuimi or Suikosource so they wouldn't join us because they don't know any of us and perhaps our crew of members is quieter on the main/public boards than some others. I suppose these things added up.

Our forum at the moment may be quieter than some of the others because in some cases we have half the number of members but is far from inactive, every time I get on there we have new posts to read. Notables from this site in the SME on Senso are Barbarossa Rugner, RedCydranth and myself. We have a couple of others too.

If you did come and join us you wouldn't need to be a leader, it would be nice to have some former Scarlet Moon Imperials from this site since every other nation seems to have retained some members so we would certainly welcome you. If you thought you'd have more fun somewhere else though that's fine too.

Cry woe, destruction, ruin, and decay -
The worst is death, and death will have his day.
Eden

Private Godwin Army

Potch
Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I noticed that if you look at the members here regarding the amount of posts, almost everyone on the first three sites has been registered at Senso :) So those who were active here are now at Senso.

Exile, I wasn't aware you are there as well. Uncomfortable that I sometimes don't realise who's who over there with new names and all... ^^

The Fool
Exile

Sword Brothers

Potch
Soldiers
91 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hm, yeah I started as Exile over there too but we had a bit of a theme going with the names so I bought into it, hence I'm Teo McDohl on that site.

Eden

Private Godwin Army

Potch
Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 6:34 am    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

[quote="Exile":h1y3ejj2]Hm, yeah I started as Exile over there too but we had a bit of a theme going with the names so I bought into it, hence I'm Teo McDohl on that site.

You changed your name? Well, I guess that is not something that will happen there very often ^^
As soon as you said you are in SME, I knew who you are there :D

The Fool
Exile

Sword Brothers

Potch
Soldiers
91 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah I was allowed a name change because there wasn't a policy in place governing it, I know Elc isn't keen on seeing name changes occur frivolously.

On a side note sparked by Locke I did a quick bit of maths. While the SME has the lowest number of members we actually have the 4th highest average number of posts per member. So there may not be so many of us but we're certainly not inactive in comparison to any of the other nations.

Eden

Private Godwin Army

Potch
Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

For your interest, maybe: The top 20 posters and their naions as it was the day before yesterday.

Queendom of Falena
4.) ardc - 379
5.) Goldy - 306
6.) ViktorFan - 305
18.) Edge – 149
Total: 1 139

Grassland

1.) Holger - 647
14.) Mark - 178
17.) Yvl - 161
19.) Brian - 133
Total: 1 119

Admins
2.) Cinder – 455
3.) Max – 466
Total : 921

Zexen Confederacy

8.) Zaleria - 245
11.) Reno Blackhawk - 198
15. Tonberry – 177
Total: 620

Holy Kingdom of Harmonia

10.) Kikito - 226
13.) Ley – 179
Total: 405

Highland Kingdom

12.) decado - 188
20.) Tiuu – 129
Total: 317

Island Nations Federation
7.) Archy – 284
Total: 284

City-States of Jowston
9.) The Fly – 243
Total: 243

Scarlet Moon Empire
16.) Kwanda Rosman – 173
Total: 173

I haven't done it for posts lately, but if potch are an indikator this may tell you something (the day before yesterday):

Ranking:
1.) Zexen 59 581
2.) Falena 49 925
3.) Grassland 30 704
4.) Harmonia 30 363
5.) Highland 20 852
6.) Jowston 19 488
7.) INF 18 254
8.) Scarlet Moon Empire 16 850
9.) Tinto 15 122

The Fool
ViktorFan

Shalimar

Potch
Soldiers
4195 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Potch is not exactly an indicator for activity. Someone like me for example who prefers to write short posts doesn't have such a high potch count like for example Kwanda who writes longer posts - even though I have nearly double as much posts than him he has around 9,000 potch while I have around 11,000.

There are a lot of members who post every day, but not let's say 20 posts per day but 3 or 5. These members are also active but might not have the time to be online for hours. So these nations whose members post on a regular base are active. They were not if nobody posts there for days and I don't see that this is the case. Like I said: some have more time, some have not. It's already said several times that potch are not that important at Senso and the post count doesn't affect the stats of each player in the war game.

In your list of the 20 Top-posters there are only 11 non-NL or non-Admin members, since the Nation Leaders and Admins had earlier access to the forum your list isn't that meaningful regarding the activity of each nation, at least in my opinion. ^^
Decado

Desert Elite

Potch
Soldiers
4283 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Activity means very little now. Stats are not affected by posting and I think soldiers are not bought for potch but are gained in another way. So thus as long as everyone in a nation is happy there is no real need to post more than you want to.

Of this I approve.

Rebel of Babylon

Potch
Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Potch is important for different reasons. It will be the only surefire way of providing for character upgrades, purchasing consumable items or armor and accessories. Potch is also necessary for maintaining the nations, which is a much higher priority than it was during the Suikox game. In fact, it is quite possible that how a nation is maintained could affect how easy it is to defend/conquer regions.

There are really only two ways to get potch, aside from random contests: activity or being successful in party battles. Activity is, thus, quite important, but it also won't cause characters to be passed over and degrade if they cannot participate for a lengthy period of time, as they can always give permission for their character to be included in party battles, which will gain them experience as well as their share of the potch spoils.

We have specifically made it so spamming will not have any effect on character stats at all. In fact, blatant spamming* will only result in spamming zones (whether they happen to be nation forums or community forums) will be configured to not produce potch nor count towards the post counts of whomever happens to post there.

*we do not consider "blatant spamming" to simply be people who happen to be really active and post quite a bit. Rather, blatant spamming is where people post for the sake of posting or if they are trying to get enough posts to graduate from a rank they do not like. We do not want to punish the active, though we do not want to reward the spammers, either.

"You make me smash the clock and feel, I'd rather die behind the wheel.
Time was never on my side, So on I wait my whole lifetime."
Locke

Poker of Doom

Potch
Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm gonna chill with Masa the Fro Dwarf in the Scarlet Moon Empire.

3 Time Suikox WWE Fantasy Champion
Eden

Private Godwin Army

Potch
Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If that is true, SME doesn't need any more advertising, because Grassland will be officially the nation with the least members ^^

The Fool
ViktorFan

Shalimar

Potch
Soldiers
4195 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Why is that, Eden? Scarlet Moon and Grassland have 7 members now.
Eden

Private Godwin Army

Potch
Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 8:53 am    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

[quote="Locke":29jl4zti]I'm gonna chill with Masa the Fro Dwarf in the Scarlet Moon Empire.

This sounds like he wants to register at Senso and join SME, ViktorFan. Then they have 8 members ^^

The Fool
ViktorFan

Shalimar

Potch
Soldiers
4195 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ah, I thought he already joined SME. ^^
Exile

Sword Brothers

Potch
Soldiers
91 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yes we actually have 8 members now, thanks to Masa and Locke joining their old nation from this site. We've turned a bit of a corner over the last week and got some people in and we're going along nicely now.

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Advertisements & Fun Links All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 16 of 19

Jump to: