Suikoden Uncouth and Illegal Kibbutz Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

032 - Planning a Strike

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shad

Midnight

4252503 Potch
200 Soldiers
38 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 1:52 pm    Post subject: 032 - Planning a Strike Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

[size=150:1qk4ofna]Planning a Strike

[p:1qk4ofna]"Thank you so much for your help. I don't know how we can possibly repay you," Reynolds earnestly stated over his cellphone. He was walking briskly across a cold and windy parking lot, on the other side of which stood a high school. It was an unusually chilly day for mid-May.[/p:1qk4ofna]
[p:1qk4ofna]"You don't need to worry about that Mr. Reynolds. Anyone in my position would do the same," a voice replied.[/p:1qk4ofna]
[p:1qk4ofna]"Well if there's anything you need just give me a call. Once again, thank you." Reynolds reached the entrance to what he assumed was the school's gymnasium and waited to finish the conversation before heading inside.[/p:1qk4ofna]
[p:1qk4ofna]"Think nothing of it. I'm not here to choose sides, I just don't want to see innocent people caught in the middle. Once the evacuations are done I don't intend to stick around. Take care of yourself though Mr. Reynolds. I trust you'll do what's right. Goodbye." Reynolds flipped his cellphone shut and pushed open the doors heading inside.[/p:1qk4ofna]
[p:1qk4ofna]Karn Tzimisces was there to greet him. The enormous bald-headed man looked like he hadn't slept in days, though his face was still as stern as ever. "Sam, glad you could make it," he said while Reynolds scanned the rows and rows of people filling the gym behind him. "There are 841 occupants here so far. These are the elderly with no one taking care of them, and the children who can't find their families. Everyone else has been put up in hotels."[/p:1qk4ofna]
[p:1qk4ofna]"Well it sounds like the situation is under control at least," Reynolds replied. "I just got off the phone with the pilot who'll be taking these people out of the country, to some place safer. What's the status on the front?"[/p:1qk4ofna]
[p:1qk4ofna]"Everyone's still just waiting. They're impatient but under control. It looks like One Nation will try to quell this mage situation first. It's bought us some time." He began to walk as he spoke.[/p:1qk4ofna]
[p:1qk4ofna]"Any further word from our search team?"[/p:1qk4ofna]
[p:1qk4ofna]"None. We haven't found the slightest sign that these mages even exist. I would think the whole event was a setup by Croft were if not for his own reaction to it." At this point the two had moved back outside into the cold, where fewer prying ears could interfere.[/p:1qk4ofna]
[p:1qk4ofna]"Fill me in." Reynolds stopped walking and Karn turned around to meet him.[/p:1qk4ofna]
[p:1qk4ofna]"I don't know if you've heard yet, but Croft has the Freedom Fighters on his side now. It seems he's sending them after these mages so that he can continue to focus his own troops on us. That leads me to believe the threat is real," Karn said. "The real question is how can we capitalize on it. Attempts to ally with the mages failed, as we were unable to find them in the first place. Those scouts that did return found nothing but empty fields. Provided One Nation bides its time however we could strike first against the Freedom Fighters the moment they've finished fighting the mages. They should be tired and easily taken down, and with them out of the way, well at least then we'll be back where we started."[/p:1qk4ofna]
[p:1qk4ofna]"No," Reynolds replied. "The Freedom Fighters are not a threat to us. With the president of the UN leading them? They'll seek diplomacy before they openly attack us. It would cause a political nightmare if they didn't. You're right, these mages are real. It's the only reason Croft would bring them in, and the only reason they would consider coming."[/p:1qk4ofna]
[p:1qk4ofna]"Fair enough," Karn agreed. "I have some other interesting news. You know how you asked me not to send anyone to attack One Nation's fuel supplies because they were too close to their troop tents?" Reynolds perked up at the implied good news. "Croft was bluffing. I guess he's researched you enough to know you wouldn't attack that, or was waiting to ambush us. Either way, he never really placed them their for obvious reasons. One of our scouts located their real fuel depot. It's well hidden, but only a few guards are around to protect it."[/p:1qk4ofna]
[p:1qk4ofna]"You have my permission then," Reynolds replied.[/p:1qk4ofna]
[p:1qk4ofna]"I figured as much and sent my two best men to sneak in and destroy it," Karn said with a smile. "You know Bobby and Tre, right?"[/p:1qk4ofna]
[p:1qk4ofna]"Of course," Reynolds returned the smile. The two were usually at Karn's side. Obedient and well trained, they were the perfect pair to carry out this sort of attack and get out without implicating Ohio. It would be a clean hit easily attributed to the bandits outside of his territory.[/p:1qk4ofna]
---------------------------------------

NDR: This part takes place before Glenn's meeting with Logan.

[p:1qk4ofna]When the Freedom Fighters finally did reach One Nation's camp, there was plenty of room for a landing. The group said goodbye to Gades and Cid - they had other plans in the works and wouldn't be sticking around for the fighting - and made their way down the platform to meet Clarence Croft, finally in person. Andrew and Alex were standing beside him.[/p:1qk4ofna]
[p:1qk4ofna]"Welcome!" Croft exclaimed with a huge wave of his hand. "Please please, follow me. All the troops are waiting." Marcus, Kevin, and Glenn all glanced at each other as they made their way towards the tent to which Croft had directed them. None of them had really expected such a grand welcome, but that seemed to be Croft's style, and whether they recognized it or not the Freedom Fighters were icons to some extent. They came to a halt in a courtyard just outside of the largest tent.[/p:1qk4ofna]
[p:1qk4ofna]"ATTEN-TION!" a booming voice called, and lines of soldiers along both sides of the road snapped upright.[/p:1qk4ofna]
[p:1qk4ofna]"One Nation!" Croft called out. "These are the Freedom Fighters! They will be assisting us with our little mage dilemma." Croft went on to introduce the five, and the soldiers burst into applause when he finished.[/p:1qk4ofna]
[p:1qk4ofna]As the crowd dispersed Croft leaned towards the Freedom Fighters and spoke in a low voice. "There'll be a few others joining you. I hope you don't mind or see them as a burden. They'll be assembling over the next few days." After that he spoke up a bit. "Well, we have a private room set up for you over there." He motioned towards a tent near the landing strip that was distinguishable only by the lack of people coming in and out of it. "I'm sorry we could only give you one, but I promise you you'll not be disturbed. There's plenty of food inside waiting for you. No hot meals I'm afraid. Well, have a look around, you're free to move about our camp. I'll give you all some time to adjust before we plan the attack." Seeing that they had no further questions, Croft turned and walked away.[/p:1qk4ofna]
[p:1qk4ofna]"Well I for one would like to unpack and get settled in," Andrew stated.[/p:1qk4ofna]
[p:1qk4ofna]"What do you think of the place Andy?" Marcus asked as they began walking towards the designated area.[/p:1qk4ofna]
[p:1qk4ofna]"I haven't had a complete look around yet to be honest," Andrew replied. "I guess now's as good a time as any to check the place out."[/p:1qk4ofna]
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Midnight Dawn All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: