Suikoden Ugly and Illegal Keystone Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

025 - The Killer Angels

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Amyral

Windriders

544907 Potch
4066 Soldiers
620 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 12:50 am    Post subject: 025 - The Killer Angels Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

[p:3528vhtt]Logan didn’t wake up that night until the gunfire started. Bullets began to tear through the walls of the homes. Logan jumped up for a moment before rolling on the ground. There were screams echoing through the air as the machine guns ripped through the walls of the home. There was a loud cracking sound at the door. Someone was breaking in.[/p:3528vhtt]
[p:3528vhtt]“Patrick! Stay down!” Logan said, matching as Patrick lay on the ground. Logan grabbed the sword and stood by the doorway, not quite sure what he was going to do. The door splintered, cracking before it was knocked in. Logan closed his eyes and swung as hard as he could. The hook portion of the sword caught the intruder under his chin. He let out a gargle as the bulled crossed his throat and Logan pulled.[/p:3528vhtt]
[p:3528vhtt]Blood spattered across the room as Logan yanked the sword out. The man fell to the ground, trying to cough as Logan looked at the bloody tip of the sword shimmering in the moonlight. He was stunned, stunned that he had done something like that. He didn’t have much time to think about it though, gun shots began to fire, tearing through the walls. There was a large vehicle with metal armor in the streets of Houma. A man stood at a large turret atop it, firing the machine gun in a circle. Logan crouched down. There were screams coming from the houses along the street and Logan took a brief look at the man who had broken into his house. He didn’t know what to do, only that he had to do something. He grabbed the man’s rifle and took one last look at Patrick before he raised it to his shoulder and began firing.[/p:3528vhtt]
[p:3528vhtt]Logan had never fired a gun before. He was about as accurate as a blind man playing darts and as prepared to deal with the kick as a toddler who tried to milk a billy goat. The blast was just enough to catch the attention of the man on the ATV. He turned the machine gun, aiming it at Logan and grinned widely. Just a moment later and the man was hunched over his gun, a bullet having entered his skull.[/p:3528vhtt]
[p:3528vhtt]Logan looked up to see a group of men rush into town. They charged in and Logan watched as one of them climbed on the ATV, setting some C4 charges on the hatch and taking cover. The hatch blew open and the man threw a grenade in.[/p:3528vhtt]
[p:3528vhtt]There was another man taking point, firing as the town’s assailants returned from their looting. A final man stood in the back, holding a long rifle. Whenever he fired, someone died. When it was all over, there were at least a dozen men who had assaulted the town and three people who had killed them all.[/p:3528vhtt]
[p:3528vhtt]Logan dropped the gun and slowly sneaked out of the building, approaching the men.[/p:3528vhtt]
[p:3528vhtt]“Hold it right there!” one of them yelled, aiming their rifles at Logan.[/p:3528vhtt]
[p:3528vhtt]Logan lifted his hands in the air, shaking his head. “I mean you no harm… I live here.”[/p:3528vhtt]
[p:3528vhtt]The men looked at each other before approaching him. One of the men checked Logan and seemed satisfied that he wasn’t armed. “W-Who are you?” Logan asked the men.[/p:3528vhtt]
[p:3528vhtt]One of the men looked around, making sure the town was clear. “I’m Marco. This is Costanza. Our sharpshooter is Scott. We’re with One Nation. We were on leave, but our leader called all hands on deck. We’re on our way to meet him in Ohio.”[/p:3528vhtt]
[p:3528vhtt]Logan nodded. “Thank you for coming. We don’t know where they came from. I’m… I’m Logan Kincaid, I’m the doctor’s assistant.”[/p:3528vhtt]
[p:3528vhtt]One of the men, Scott, turned his head to Logan, staring for a moment. He put his rifle in its holster and looked him over. “L-Logan?” he asked. The voice and the face were different, but soon he could see what became of the 12-year-old boy from what seemed like an eon ago.[/p:3528vhtt]
[p:3528vhtt]Logan took a step back, looking the unfamiliar man in the face. “Y-Yes?” he asked nervously, wondering what he wanted.[/p:3528vhtt]
[p:3528vhtt]“It’s me! Scott Collins!” he said, ripping off his helmet.[/p:3528vhtt]
[p:3528vhtt]Logan furled his brow, looking at the face. But soon, in the moonlight, he could see it.[/p:3528vhtt]
[p:3528vhtt]Scott was one of the tree kids. He was always in charge if disabling passing convoys, usually by shooting out the tires. He was always an excellent shot and Logan looked up to him.[/p:3528vhtt]
[p:3528vhtt]Logan’s eyes widened and he rushed in, giving Scott a tight hug. “I can’t believe it! I thought everyone was dead!” he said.[/p:3528vhtt]
[p:3528vhtt]Scott nodded. “I did too! I can’t believe you made it! What happened?” he asked curiously.[/p:3528vhtt]
[p:3528vhtt]Logan told Scott the entire story, even pulling him into the house he shared with Patrick to show him the swords Jet gave him. Scott stared in disbelief as he picked them up.[/p:3528vhtt]
[p:3528vhtt]Scott too told his story, how he had fled at the first sign of danger, hiding in the forest until he had found a convoy he could sneak onto. He found himself in the north and, while there, had met Croft. He joined One Nation shortly afterward and has been working as a sniper ever since.[/p:3528vhtt]
[p:3528vhtt]The trio rested in the town that night. They had done well, thankfully there were few injuries. Patrick had spent the entire night patrolling the street with Logan to assure that. While there was damage, there was nothing that couldn’t be replaced. If the men hadn’t responded, there’s no telling how much they would have done.[/p:3528vhtt]
[p:3528vhtt]The next day Logan made a very difficult decision. He decided to leave Houma and go with Scott up to Ohio. At first he had declined the offer, but Patrick assured Logan that he had learned all he could without formal training. While Logan left Patrick on what seemed like good terms, Logan knew that Patrick was disappointed with Logan’s actions and his ambush on the man. Soon, he found himself in the back of a vehicle with Marco and Scott, traveling to Ohio to see what One Nation had in store.[/p:3528vhtt]
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Midnight Dawn All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: