Suikoden United and Infamous Kriegspiel Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Tierkreis recruiting (SPOILERS)-108 Complete!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Tierkreis Speculation & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Yvl

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Grats on having it accepted on GameFAQs, btw, and the first guide for the game too.

Prince Geass Falenas

2327939 Potch
1337 Soldiers
3028000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 12:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

[quote="Yvl":mbso8ev5]Grats on having it accepted on GameFAQs, btw, and the first guide for the game too.

ah thanks =D

I figured since I had it all typed out here already and all and no one on the forums over there seemed to be working on one...I went ahead and submitted it...and up it went =o

...a little painful to keep track of two versions now though.... =x

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
SixWingedSin

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 5:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

[quote="Ikano":1884ykci]the "order" list thing at the top kinda does part of that already....but you mean in the SoD list itself?

I think could just use their names the same way........ :unsure:
the problem though is I know I made a bunch of character name typos in there somewhere (that I haven't had time to fix...) so it's not working as well as I imagined....

I understand what you're saying, but I guess I didn't explain myself as well.

Let's say, for example, you recruit Tenken. When you recruit Tenken, Tenzai and Tenhai recruit as well. (in this case, the group is pretty close together). However, if you're looking to recruit Chibaku, you need Chizou. I prefer to print my FAQs out, so searching the text by name is a bit time consuming, as the order is the actual stars, not alphabetical (or any other order that someone who doesn't speak japanese can understand).

If, however, you added numbers (1-108) somewhere (preferably at the beginning of the name), then you could cross reference pretty fast Chibaku (60) to Chizou (93). IMHO, this makes it easier to cross-reference the other stars from a specific star's requirements instead of having to look through the entire document to find the name.

e.g.: 1) Hero [Tenkai] - Automatic Recruit
(EDIT: 60 is Chibaku in the English translation)
(EDIT 2: [spoiler:1884ykci]I was able to have Chrodechild in my party the first time when recruiting Yula (Chikyu), but I did have to speak to her twice. The 2nd time took me to the 1on1 battle. (I had Marica, Fredegund, & Chrodechild [in that order] in my party, so that may have been why if Fredegund triggered something instead of Chrodechild[/spoiler:1884ykci]
Yvl

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I found a typo in your guide. Khemia/Kheima - your list of when you can get them and how to get them are different spellings, making it so that you can't use the find feature to look it up.

Prince Geass Falenas

2327939 Potch
1337 Soldiers
3028000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

@SixWingedSin: ah I think I know what you mean......I did an edit in my GameFaqs guide that should help with that issue in that....I utilized the idea of a case-sensitive search.

For example...doing a case sensitive search for DIULF will bring you to where he's listed in the "Order list" and where his recruit tip/info/star name is in the tablet list.

If you do a case-sensitive search for just Diulf, you'll instead go to every other character's entry that mentions him (which seems to be the big issue with the non-case sensitive search).

That's my recent change on my GameFaqs version though.....I didn't get around changing it yet on the suikox version since I figured the "spoiler tags" lessened the issue more...(plus I had a plane to catch) xD;;;
...but I will edit in that "system" ASAP.

....in terms of what you said in EDIT2[spoiler:zerscn1m]When I had Chrodechild in my party...it wasn't a question of Yula not talking to me....but Yula's sprite WAS NOT THERE AT ALL
....but perhaps they changed it in the english version...I will have to double-check[/spoiler:zerscn1m]

@Yvl: Ah sorry about that and thanks! I'lll fix it now...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Shagami

Magatsuhi

134625 Potch
10 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

[spoiler:3cvic3od]Im about to head to ginch valley and i want to make sure of there is anyone i can recruit before going on. (im going to try and get selen right now)[/spoiler:3cvic3od]
lol i dnno if thats spoiler or not

Location: highland royal plaza (sleeping in the bed with jilia)
0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

great work ikano ,the guide was of great help for me ,but i'm having trouble with hafin and nakil ,the don't show up i dn't know why,did i missed them or what(now i'm when we fought the archivists when they attacked the castle after they have taken the chronicles,and they turn into monster for the first time)
SixWingedSin

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

s'ok, I about crapped myself when the FAQ said:
[spoiler:341kgtgo]Rukia instead of Lycia[/spoiler:341kgtgo] I thought I had totally missed out on a character since the spellings were so different.

@Ikano: What I was getting at is that it's hard to do a 'text based search' on a hard copy, there's no actual recognizable 'order' to the names. That is why I suggested numbering them in order (as 1-10 ordering is easier for a mind to visually quick reference to 67 instead of Tenkai-Tenki referencing to Chimei)

Not a huge deal as I'm almost done recruiting. (only 24 to go!) or so my list says :)

@jowy: Might want to spoiler tag the archivists note. Also I think if you go to the Mislato River with Asad (that's what I had to do first) that may spark the start of those two, then you just leave the castle for a bit and come back for Asad to leave for the other. (I ended up getting them pretty late as well, and I THINK you may be coming up on a 'Point of No Return' for those two, but I can't bee too sure as I got them just before [spoiler:341kgtgo]the Mage Kingdom turned to desert[/spoiler:341kgtgo])

Nofret: [spoiler:341kgtgo]I haven't actually attacked Fort Arc yet after the Magedom disappeared, and she was recruitable (for a specific timeline when I did it, I just got Nova back from the tower (not joined yet) and am in planning to do the first attack on Fort Arc). I also didn't have to do the fight (I did the other dialogue choice where she asked for proof by bringing Shams and Manaril to see her.)[/spoiler:341kgtgo]

Gorno: [spoiler:341kgtgo]Picked him up on my first trip to Lugenik with Vaslof. Vaslof did the talking to Gorno(so no need for Muro, it seems to be either male Auster (though if someone goes through with just Resno and picks him up, it could just be any of the Auster race)[/spoiler:341kgtgo]

And hopefully final edit:

Hina: It seems that after going through the entire game and not getting her quest, I need to do talk to Xebec to trigger the quest to show up first (that was more research done on message boards than actual experience)

I had to trigger the defend the forest one for Hou Shi (#96, Chido Star) or whatever the guy's name was by talking to him first as well.
Goligoth

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 12:37 am    Post subject: Re: Tierkreis recruiting (SPOILERS)-108 Complete! Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Lathilda:
[spoiler:3g2twlmy]After talking to Guntram, and when you first look for Lathilda/Bosche it is also possible to make it go faster by bringing Fredegund in place of Guntram.[/spoiler:3g2twlmy]
Ikano

Prince Geass Falenas

2327939 Potch
1337 Soldiers
3028000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

about Hafin & Nakil:
yeah those two are a pain in the butt to get...but the thing with bringing Asad to Mislato river to speed it up apparently works rather well...

about Nofret:
Ah yeah...I had her placed correctly in the ORDER list (matches when you were able to get her)...but a guess my blurb part was based on my speed play-through and I forgot to try it earlier in that playthrough...I'll fix it...in a sec.

about Gorno:
I've heard about that...figured that since Muro worked anyway I'd leave it alone for now <.< >.> but guess I can leave a note...

about Hina:
I see...ah...pre-requisites like this is hard to figure out with Japanese version when you don't know 75-80% of what they're saying x_x *adds to --need to check-- list*

about Lathilda:
ah...that's interesting Goligoth...I'll have to try that
[spoiler:159w9ybf]man...that will save me trouble of training Guntram for that one-time thing if I get it to work =o[/spoiler:159w9ybf]

Goligoth

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 1:25 am    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

[quote="Ikano":oinexmf8]
about Lathilda:
ah...that's interesting Goligoth...I'll have to try that
[spoiler:oinexmf8]man...that will save me trouble of training Guntram for that one-time thing if I get it to work =o[/spoiler:oinexmf8]

Yup, [spoiler:oinexmf8]I found that completely by accident while recruiting Enumclaw[/spoiler:oinexmf8]

Also, a quick note for Balsam:
[spoiler:oinexmf8]If after meeting him and returning to your HQ, if he still says leave him alone; Go to the roof of ur HQ and a quick cutscene will happen of the Hero mentioning if Balsam would make an elevator at the HQ[/spoiler:oinexmf8]
SixWingedSin

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 2:36 am    Post subject: Re: Re: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

[quote="Goligoth":1hokdlem]
Also, a quick note for Balsam:
[spoiler:1hokdlem]If after meeting him and returning to your HQ, if he still says leave him alone; Go to the roof of ur HQ and a quick cutscene will happen of the Hero mentioning if Balsam would make an elevator at the HQ[/spoiler:1hokdlem]

RE: Balsam:
[spoiler:1hokdlem]I think I had the same thing there, except he didn't mention Balsam by name, more that it would be more convenient than running up and down all those stairs all the time (partly why I missed Balsam the first time on returning, since I said convenience which is the wrong answer)[/spoiler:1hokdlem]

And with that, 100% of the Stars reporting in :)
I'm almost tempted to make a graphical webpage where there's a huge stone background with the character names on it hyperlinking to requirements and bios of them :P
Ikano

Prince Geass Falenas

2327939 Potch
1337 Soldiers
3028000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

o.0 hm....that's an interesting thing about Balsam...though I reckon it doesn't actually help or not help with the recruiting of Balsam himself....

kind of like...I heard here is apparently a quest to "find info on Darrow's whereabouts" or something or other that suppossedly is available somewhere near the end...
I don't think I've ever had that quest appear though....and supposedly it doesn't appear if you recruit Darrow rather quick?

Goligoth

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

RE: RE: Balsam
[spoiler:2yso7arc]Mine mentioned the convenience part as well, but after he mentioned "Inventor" in the mines.[/spoiler:2yso7arc]
Good job on 100% :D

Edit After Seeing Previous Post: In order for me to recruit Balsam I actually had to do that. I talked to the guy about several times getting the same "Leave ..."

Anya(Anja?):
[spoiler:2yso7arc]It says in the guide that you have to talk to her first in the mainstreet (which is the Alley), then talk to her in the mine later on to recruit her. I just simply talked to her in the alley ((Not sure if I had Erin with me, as during the cutscene/dialogue Erin didn't speak) and she made a comment about being out of work. You're given a dialogue choice of asking her to work at the HQ to recruit her (Not exact words, but close enough.)[/spoiler:2yso7arc]

Also can anyone help with the following people?

Sotah: [spoiler:2yso7arc]Already read through all of his information, but no chance of recruiting happened[/spoiler:2yso7arc]
Wustum: [spoiler:2yso7arc]I might be too late to recruit him at this point but: Right now, Rarohenga already appeared, and everyone's talking about "the final battle." Is it too late to get him?[/spoiler:2yso7arc]
Darrow: [spoiler:2yso7arc]Exactly where is the overpass?[/spoiler:2yso7arc]
Dromon: [spoiler:2yso7arc]For some reason, I've taken every possible route and can't get to the end of the Sea Cavern >_> A little help here? I just might be missing something[/spoiler:2yso7arc]
SixWingedSin

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Alright, here goes:

I don't think Sotah can be recruited right away, might need to wait until
[spoiler:1rultx1l]the mountains to the west disappear, or after you get Dogah/the kid there[/spoiler:1rultx1l]

Wustum:
check to see if you can do the soup for during the flower bud season at the town listed, and then check to see if the quest pops up
[spoiler:1rultx1l]it'd be a SERIOUS continuity error if you could still get him, since the person who issues the quest is one of the Magedom queens, and by then she doesn't even exist, not to mention there are Magedom soldiers during the event[/spoiler:1rultx1l]

Darrow:
Fort Arc overpass is from the NW(?) exit in the fort itself, you'll go up a few flights of stairs if you go the right way, and once you're on the overpass, it's very apparent, it has it's own artwork.

Dromon:
Go to the Porpos caves, go to where the water spouts are, go to the middle one, go down the hole (as there are 3 levels on from that spout), head north from there...

RE: Anya:
Did you do that before or after you [spoiler:1rultx1l]cleared Fort Arc, thereby liberating Grayridge?[/spoiler:1rultx1l]
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Tierkreis Speculation & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 2 of 10

Jump to: