Suikoden United and Informational Kraalesque Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Elenor Silverberg *SPOILERS*

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tonberry

The Tonberry Eggsperience

1819401 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 12:51 am    Post subject: Elenor Silverberg *SPOILERS* Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I am a little confused about Eleanor Silverberg. I know she has a history, but I honestly don't know much about her. I was wondering if I could get some information about her. I want to know about her connection with Cray and Kika. I think she is a really interesting character and I think a lot needs to be said about her.

EDIT: I don't know if I posted in the wrong place. I posted here because it is Suikoden IV info, but I just thought that it might be better in character discussion. I don't want to spoil anything, so maybe it's better here. I don't know.

Last edited by Tonberry on Sun May 01, 2005 12:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Ranadiel

The Squirrel Mob

68112 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Okay I'm going to be doing this from memory, so I might get a couple of things wrong but here it goes.

Eleanor Silverberg originally lived in the Scarlet Moon Empire. She was a strategist for the empire. Cray was her apprentice there. Cray somehow ended up getting the Rune of Punishment and then he cut off his hand. His son ended up getting the rune next and used it to destroy an entire village when some nobles from some country(I think it was either Scarlet Moon Empire or Kooluk) attacked it in an attempt to start a war again. There is an old book that describes that incident a bit better. Following the incident Cray was blamed for the whole thing, so both Cray and Eleanor were exiled.

Eleanor didn't really know what had happened. She ended up becoming a drunk. She joins you simply because she wants tot find out what happened to Cray. As a side note, she mentions at one point of the game that she used family connections to get SME to attack Kooluk in order to get Cray's reinforcements from Kooluk deployed elsewhere. However we never find out how many family members are left in SME or their relation to her.That's all I can remember about her, and I am fairly certain that I didn't make any mistakes.

Titles: Harmonian Tenki Star, Harmonian Jousting Champion
El Leon

Arias

73841 Potch
40 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Not many. BTW, The Nobles were from Scarlet Moon. Anyway, That information is right and all. I though since Kika had her hideout nearby, that it was Kika who helped Elenor hide out.

I always thought what Elenor wanted to ask Cray was why he had done the things she Thought he did.
Tonberry

1819401 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That explains a lot. That is good to know. I didn't really read my old books at all and the whole storyline was a bit confusing. Thanks for the info.
Aesa

Those Who Slumber

427118 Potch
250 Soldiers
5 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

He never does tell her it seems in the game, even when they're both more than likely about to die

The setting sun means the rise of a new day...
...excepting for Ragnarok, of course

~Tinto~
Sualtam Lugh

Grey of Macha

56109 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

"That explains a lot. That is good to know. I didn't really read my old books at all and the whole storyline was a bit confusing. Thanks for the info."

This is the good part of Suikoden, as a whole. To get the whole story, in all in complexity, you need to do everything. EVERYTHING. Just playing the game, while still enjoyable, will not relish all that you would want to know.

And that's why Suikoden is awesome.
El Leon

Arias

73841 Potch
40 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It can also be frustrating when they release the backstory of minor characters to Publications never to be heard of outside Japan. If only Suikoden would get a little more popularity, it would encourage them to both release More copies per game and game-related publications (Like the S3 manga).
Captain Hero

Forsaken Elites

194469 Potch
361 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

They should really start focusing on people outside Japan, because Japan is not the only country who enjoys the Suikoden series. Every Suikoden fan is interested and waiting to know more about each memorable character Konami came up for Suikoden.

Cray and Eleanor? Eleanor joined you because she wanted to find out what made Cray snap. ( Cray's kinda weird, he already got hold of the RoP, and he chopped his hand off to get rid of it and now he's after it again. That's why I want to know more about his history with the RoP. )

Maybe Eleanor befriended the leader of the Pirates, Kika, and wanted to ask for protection from people looking for her. I think that's why Lino wanted to ask Kika where Eleanor was hiding.

Thief

Truth

213998 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

El Leon wrote:
It can also be frustrating when they release the backstory of minor characters to Publications never to be heard of outside Japan. If only Suikoden would get a little more popularity, it would encourage them to both release More copies per game and game-related publications (Like the S3 manga).

That is exactly why I am most grateful when they finally stopped publishing anymore Shinsyo. Well, it is not confirmed but it has been a while since the last issue. (Those Suikogaiden games are basically the same thing anyway, so it's good that we have seen the last of those too).

At least they brought the Suikoden III manga over. It shows which game is the best, no?
Scarlet Assassin

Disciples of Death

331436 Potch
0 Soldiers
2442517 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
At least they brought the Suikoden III manga over. It shows which game is the best, no?

Not one bit :D

Anyway, this one may be just another one of the assassin's idiot ideas but do you think its possible that Elenor and Cray lived at the end? She did say "It look like I'm going to have to train you all over again, from scratch" so I think it's possible that she had some other way out of El-eal, her strange actions inside of the fortress are indicitave that she knew what was going on better than anyone else. I think she cooperated with Tenkai and purposefully positioned herself in a place where she would be close to Cray so that she could try to save him, hence her statement "I regret that I could not save him." It's my opinion that Elenor saw some good left in Cray (somewhere) and wanted to help him atone.

So I guess what I'm asking is, does anyone else think that they could've escaped and that it's possible that she's reforming him when the game ends?

Chief of Beat-em-up Honeys Division, Devoted Protector of Lady Tifa Lockhart
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Tonberry

1819401 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think that it is ENTIRELY possible, but I can't say that it probably is true. You really can't know. Cray was pretty strong so I bet he could have survived somehow and I bet he'd try to save Elenor.
Urn

Azure Flames

7756 Potch
0 Soldiers
970973 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think it is very possible that Cray and Elenor survived, as well. I think there was a lot more to those two. Cray and Elenor did not seem to be the suicidal type, so I can't imagine that they just waited there for their deaths. I think that they left and went on to handle some other deed which will end up probably not being mentioned.

Also, I think Elenor sympathized with Cray as his family was a victim of the manhunters and I believe Elenor was a noble from the Scarlet Moon Empire. Yes, she trained Cray in the art of war, but I think she was closer to him than just business. I think she wanted to question him about the death of the Nobles who came after his family and find out why he betrayed the Scarlet Moon Empire. I also believe that Elenor may have abandoned the Empire because of her feelings for Cray, as well.

I believe Elenor and Cray have a very interesting history together that should have been fleshed out during the game if both characters had gotten more face time. I think we may have found out that the Silverburgs may have organized the manhunt through orders of the Emperor, but I believe that they were still under Harmonian control at that time...I may be wrong though.

KOOLUK SUPPORTS TINTO MINERS
Ranadiel

The Squirrel Mob

68112 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I personally feel that it is ver likely that both Cray and Elenor survived the end of the game, but I am the sort of person who thinks that unless they actually show the death the person survived. Of course that is from years of watching shows and playing video games where that is true.

Quote:

Also, I think Elenor sympathized with Cray as his family was a victim of the manhunters and I believe Elenor was a noble from the Scarlet Moon Empire.

Well there really isn't anything that says whether she was noble or not, but I'm betting that she was becuase it seems to that the Silverburgs are highly respected for their abilities and would be given as many privledges as possible to keep them there.

As for Elenor sympathisizing, I always felt that she really had no idea what happened at the incident where the rune of punishment was used. All she really found out was that Cray(or I believe more specifically his son) did something that killed an entire village and several nobles. Also as a side note, Cray's family was technically not a victim of the manhunters(unless Cray's wife was killed by them but we don't know that for certain). His son was probably about to be killed, but it didn't get that far. However at this point I am just being ridiculously nitty picky.

Quote:

I also believe that Elenor may have abandoned the Empire because of her feelings for Cray, as well.

If I'm remebering the Old Book properly it is plainly stated that both the strategist(Elenor) and her subordinate(Cray) were kicked out of the Scarlet Moon Empire because of pressure on the Emporer brought upon by the families of the nobles killed in the incident.

Quote:

I believe Elenor and Cray have a very interesting history together that should have been fleshed out during the game if both characters had gotten more face time. I think we may have found out that the Silverburgs may have organized the manhunt through orders of the Emperor, but I believe that they were still under Harmonian control at that time

Out of curiosity where did you get this idea? At least according to the Old Book, the nobles who did the manhunting incident just wanted to be able to gain more fame. By reigniting the war they felt they could possibly go higher up the ranks through military prowess as they had done in the previous war. Elenor, when these actions came to her attention, condoned them and told them to stop. Are you suggesting that the info given in the book was completely wrong? While lieing to the public in order to make the incident look better to the public is possible, there isn't any evidence(at least that I have seen) that suggests as such besides that it is possible. However that isn't enough evidence to prove it. Also as a final note when was it mentioned that the SME was ever under Harmonian control?

Titles: Harmonian Tenki Star, Harmonian Jousting Champion
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Character Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: