Suikoden Unique and Infamous Karma Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Which two characters you like that are or were after each other?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LordRidley

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 3:13 pm    Post subject: Which two characters you like that are or were after each ot Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It was kind of hard to explain that, here is an example; Pesmerga Vs. Yuber. I said those two, because everyone knows about them, and please dont say they are your favorite. Almost everyone like them.

Kahn Vs. Neclord

Viktor Vs. Neclord

Sierra Vs. Neclord (I am starting to see a pattern, that Neclord is hated by a lot.

Clive Vs. Elza

I know there are others, but those are the ones I can remember at this time. You can list more if you like.

My favorite has to be Viktor Vs. Neclord on the fact that Viktor is plainy awesome.

Last edited by LordRidley on Mon Apr 25, 2005 6:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
Geddoe Vs. Karayans

Are you sure you meant Geddoe?! Geddoe's friendly with Karayans, and is certainly not out to get them.

I think my favourite would have to be Watari and Ayame relationship. He is a deserter and she is out to get him. As it is, it's dull, but the story involving Highland and a ninja betraying his loyalties are quite intriguing to me.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Sophita

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

<- Those 2.

Who are they? Lorelai and Killey of course. <3 Both pursuing the mysteries of the Sindar, but to such different ends. How can you not love them? Lorelai wants to find the Sindar treasures...Killey seems fanatical about protecting them. Lovely relationship between the 2. I wonder what ever went down in Kanakan post-Suikoden 2...

Also, it must be said they do have one of the best (IMO) extra-dialog requitements in the history of the series. ^^; Only Anita and Valeria's is better. (Speaking of whom, another great rivalry.)

It's a pity we know so little about Killey and Lorelai, though. Did they ever get any mention in the Japanese-only publications? I know they had like a five second cameo in Suikogaiden (along with Falena, woohoo) but never was able to get much information on that, either.

Edit: Oh, and I feel I must add Clive and Elza are tied for favorite Suikoden couple, evah. Mmm, gunner angst. I always felt so sorry for those kids - doomed by the system.

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
LordRidley

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Thank you Fliktor for pointing that out, I read that somewhere and for some reason put it down. I have changed it.

I can't believe I forgot about; Anita Vs. Valeria, Watari Vs. Ayame, and Lorelai Vs. Killey. Thank you Fliktor and Sophita.

Thank you kuwaizair for the signature banner.
Sage

The Invincible Weeds

803820 Potch
0 Soldiers
2 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sophita wrote:
<- Those 2.

Drat. Doesn't work for me.

Anyway, I'd have to say that those two (Killey and Lorelai) are my favorites as well. I think there's considerably more mystery surrounding those two, and the Sindar in general, than any of the others (and I've never really liked the whole Yuber/Pesmerga thing). Yuber was kinda cool in 3, but the in the others, both were fairly bland characters. Even if that's how it was supposed to be, they still don't interest me all that much.

Fliktor wrote:
Are you sure you meant Geddoe?! Geddoe's friendly with Karayans, and is certainly not out to get them.

I don't know...have you ever seen the way Geddoe looks at those guys? Or how about the funny faces he makes behind Hugo's back? Definitely something mean about that. :P (I'm joking, by the way)

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My favorite rivalry is between Pesmerga and Yuber. I know that there hasn't been a lot going on between them, and their rivalry might have been discontinued now that Murayama is gone from Konami. But from what was planned before, I like their rivalry because they actually affect others (in a sense that the end of their duel would resulted in the end of the world or something like that). Though the conflict started as personal saga, it's not something that is just between the two of them like in most rivalries.

Killey and Lorelai would be my second favorite because I like treasure hunters. It's also quite amusing to know that someone like Killey was tricked by the deceitful Lorelai. And though not related to Lorelai, it's really awesome to see Killey getting pissed at Alex and just started smacking him around, then saying Sorry. LoL.

~City-States of Jowston and Tinto Republic~
06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

Aesa

Those Who Slumber

427118 Potch
250 Soldiers
5 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

This wasn't really a rivalry as such but: Joker vs. Ace. They were always argueing in 3

The setting sun means the rise of a new day...
...excepting for Ragnarok, of course

~Tinto~
Tonberry

The Tonberry Eggsperience

1819401 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I liked how Ayame was after Watari in Suikoden three. Even though they seem very similar and are very good together in battle, they are still enemies. I wish I understood their backgrounds a little better. I don't really understand the dialogue between the two about their past.
LordRidley

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I agree with you, Everyone's Grudge, that the story between them was confusing. I did like what I did understood about it, and I hope in a later Suikoden that is closer in time, will explain it a little better, or even goes into that story.

Ace and Joker is also arguing a lot, but it seems a little more like joking around.

Pesmerga and Yuber was an awesome rivalry, my total favorite rivalry.

Thank you kuwaizair for the signature banner.
El Leon

Arias

73841 Potch
40 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

OMG, Joke and Ace Love each other :lol: . :mrgreen: Joking of course here. Anyway, as far as Rivalry's go I can't mention the one in the first two suikodens (Need to play them) although they seem interesting. I have to say the Ninja's had an interesting one. What with the betraying and extreme loyalty. I've always wondered who did Watari made the promise too. Jillia perhaps?

Anyway, Doesn't Geddoe has a sort of rivalry with Yuber in the S3 manga?
Child of The Sea God

188289 Potch
2671 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Chris and Nash. He would always try to flirt with her but she'd always avoid his flirting attempts.
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Just a warning to not wander off topic here.

The topic is about people who are after each other in the sense of vendetta's or rivalry. Not romantic pairings. Even if Chris kept hitting Nash due to his flirtings, they're not out to get each other.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Daniel Blackhand

siswai'aman Brotherhood of Pain

330059 Potch
0 Soldiers
5731866 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My favorite would have to be the Watari-Ayame scenarios as well.

Sol Ciel

472542 Potch
200 Soldiers
62 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ted vs. Windy hands down. It was short (well not really, it lasted 300 years or so) and we didn't know much about it, but it did its purpose. The span of that hot blood lasted throughout the entire game.

Suikoden 1 spoiler for those that haven't played it:

Windy wants Soul Eater, Ted's grandfather sacrifices himself. Ted soon sacrifices himself and passes the rune to Tir. Later on, Ted gives his soul to Soul Eater which ends his life. It made a great story and I wish we got to see some more background information regarding the events mentioned.

Something Wicked

162570 Potch
200 Soldiers
40 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Pesmerga vs. Yuber

So little info and story-time about why Pesmerga is searching for Yuber, and yet it's one of the most speculated mysteries of the Suikoden Universe. Gotta love it just for that.
We have an urge to kill
And our lust for blood has to be fulfilled
We'll fight 'till the end, and send our enemies straight to hell!"
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Character Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: