Suikoden United and Irenic Kriegspiel Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Top Ten
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Milan Fiori

Vanguard Elite

715991 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 2:22 am    Post subject: Top Ten Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

So Suikoden III actually made it to the Top Ten best games on the Game Faqs Top Ten list. It's user based so it doesn't mean anything really, and usually I disagree with alot. But damnit it still made it!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Nines

Uno yo besuto washu!

76077 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Which top ten list?

...Cause I just wanted to say most of them are god-awful (like the thousands that have Final Fantasy VII listed as the best plot in video games, and doesn't have a single game from the golden years of PC RPGs on there).
Milan Fiori

Vanguard Elite

715991 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Top Ten Best games. And yes. They have FFVII as number one.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
shikator

Akamaru

492303 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

list like this are so biased, no one wants to dissappoint the millions of final fantasy 7 fans. I have played final fantasy 7 and its good but not as great as some say it is. There was nothing special with the story but i have to admit the gameplay is one of the best.

are there any suikoden games in the list as well?
Nines

Uno yo besuto washu!

76077 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ugh, I hated FFVII's gameplay. It's got too much coatrack syndrome. It's also why I don't care for combat in Suikoden games besides 3.
Yvl

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

FFVII does suck if you take the story at face value. I can give two reasons for justifying FFVII's popularity (I'm ignoring the most common argument of Sephiroth being totally hawt). First, Jenova, and the fact that she's the real villain and you don't even realize it for the first playthrough or two, appealing to those who enjoy observing deception such as myself. Second is the fact that unlike other FF games, aside from 10, your combat menus aren't kept in constant bondage.

As for Suikoden 3, the story ranks as #1 for any game ever on my list. The combat system, though, needed work. They were on the right track, but Suikoden 4 killed that. If they had kept in that direction, we'd be seeing the battle system get to be similar to Valkyrie Profile 2's.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Sealot

56962 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It's a top 10 best plot twists, which in Suikoden 3 was Luc's identity. They don't rate the gameplay, graphics or anything other really, just the twist.
shikator

Akamaru

492303 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

if it was all about plot twist and ff7 still making it 1, then this time im sure its biased. If gameplay,graphics was is included then i could understand but plot twist.....perhaps the one's that did the list are ff fans.
Hawk Thanatos

Radical Dreamers

167582 Potch
43 Soldiers
1337 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

shikator wrote:
if it was all about plot twist and ff7 still making it 1, then this time im sure its biased. If gameplay,graphics was is included then i could understand but plot twist.....perhaps the one's that did the list are ff fans.
I'm not sure what you were expecting, it's a personal top 10 list so of course it's biased, they picked FF7 because that's the plot twist they thought was the best.
Sealot

56962 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't like FF7, but it was a big twist when Sephiroth killed Aeris. Afterall she was one of the main characters and the scene was very emotional. Imagine if such a dramatic scene would happen in Suikoden universe.. like um. Nanami getting killed by an evil villain......... oh wait.
Yvl

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

FF7 fans are indeed irrational, and far too numerous. They'll put FF7 on the top of ANY list - Best RPG, best plot twist, best shooter because Vincent has a gun...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
shikator

Akamaru

492303 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

well Hawk, I expected them to have played suikoden 3 so they should have at least been fair. Maybe they havent played suikoden 3 maybe they just wanted to show how great ff 7 was.
Hawk Thanatos

Radical Dreamers

167582 Potch
43 Soldiers
1337 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Or maybe they have played Suikoden 3 and they just legitimately thought that the plot twist in FF7 was better, it is possible you know. Remember, this is a personal list, it's not an absolute. Of course just because you personally disagree doesn't make it wrong either.
Yvl

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

So, uh, what was the plot twist in FF7 again? The one that could possibly be interpreted as being better than Suikoden 3's?
shikator

Akamaru

492303 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Its when the cool cloud beats the coolest villain sephiroth...............and when sephiroth did this and that.......

I have alot of friends who loves ff7 and thats the crap they give me plus evreytime i mention about suikoden story they give me the ff being so famous thing.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: