Suikoden Utopian and Illusional Karma Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

NFL 2008 Weekly Predictions
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Samurai X

The Hokies

74481 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Atlanta at Carolina
Cleveland at Cincinnati
Houston at Jacksonville
Denver at Kansas City
San Fransisco at New Orleans
Arizona at New York Jets
Green Bay at Tampa Bay
Minnesota at Tennessee
San Diego at Oakland
Buffalo at St. Louis
Washington at Dallas
Philadelphia at Chicago
Baltimore at Pittsburgh
fuji

9643133 Potch
16500 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Tenessee at Baltimore
Kansas City at Carolina
Chicago at Detroit
Atlanta at Green Bay
Indianapolis at Houston
San Diego at Miami
Seattle at New York Giants
Washington at Philadelphia
Tampa Bay at Denver
Buffalo at Arizona
Cincinatti at Dallas
New England at San Francisco
Pittsburgh at Jacksonville
Minnesota at New Orleans

___ "That's not much"

"It's enough"
Shad

Midnight

4252503 Potch
200 Soldiers
38 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I should be able to update the stats tomorrow.

Tennessee at Baltimore
Kansas City at Carolina
Chicago at Detroit
Atlanta at Green Bay
Indianapolis at Houston
San Diego at Miami
Seattle at NY Giants
Tampa Bay at Denver
Buffalo at Arizona
Cincinnati at Dallas
Minnesota at New Orleans
RedCydranth

Ice Dragons

3650446 Potch
194 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Tennessee at Baltimore - Good Defense vs. Good Defense. Titans win because they have the only offense in the game.
Kansas City at Carolina - Last week's win against Denver was a Fluke. LJ is back, sure. But I still think KC is a load of garbage as a team.
Chicago at Detroit - Detroit took a positive step by firing Millen on their Bye week, but his effect will linger throughout the season. Look fo Orton to have a good game.
Atlanta at Green Bay - Aaron Rodgers is shook up and Ryan Grant hasn't produced all year. This is Atlanta's shot at a big upset. I still think Rodgers plays well enough to connect with Jennings for 2 TDs.
Indianapolis at Houston - If this were in Indy, I'd be saying Houston, but Indianapolis outside of their cursed new stadium is a good team. Manning throws for 3 TDs.
San Diego at Miami - Single Wing, Chicken Wing or X Wing, it'll take a bit more than Ronnie Brown and some trick plays to repeat week 3's results vs San Diego's Defense.
Seattle at New York Giants - 3-0 becomes 4-0 this week for the G Men. Seattle is getting better slowly with Engram back and maybe Mo Morris too, but I think the Giants unit is just too good for the Seattle team at this point.
Washington at Philadelphia - You have to love the craziness of the NFC East. Its almost as if all 4 teams don't care about how good any other team is, against each other each team is equal and any given week its a coin flip. Philadelphia is good, but I think the win last week showed the world that Washington is also a force to be reckoned with in the NFC.
Tampa Bay at Denver - Denver showed it's not as great as everyone had them made out to be. I was shocked it was KC who proved it though. Tampa will look at what KC did, improve on it and shut down Cutler's arm again.
Buffalo at Arizona - I can't root against my Bills. 5-0 looks too delicious. Arizona could play spoiler because Warner has one hell of an arm. I mean despite allowing 5 Turnovers himself (3 INTs and 2 Fumbles) he still threw over 400 yards last week. He'll most likely be without Anquan Boldin though, so we'll see.
Cincinnati at Dallas - No brainer. Bengals suck. Chad has gone back to talking and Chris Henry has rejoined the team. They picked up Cedric Benson as well, so it's not like the Bengals aren't trying. Dallas is just too good.
New England at San Francisco - I don't think New England's fall from grace will lead them to back to back losses, let alone back to back losses vs teams who blow chunks. I think New England will win this one.
Pittsburgh at Jacksonville - No run game in Pittsburgh scares me. Najeh Davenport is back with the Steelers but is he enough to eat the Jags? I think the MJD-Taylor punch combined with the spryness of David Garrard's legs will outdo the Steelers D.
Minnesota at New Orleans - Drew Brees, hopefully, will throw all day across this field and hope Adrian Peterson doesn't run for 200 yards and 3 scores. New Orleans games always come down to if Drew can outscore the opposing offense. The Saints need a Defense.

Fantasy Football (NFL) Sign Ups in Sports Forum!
Parallax

Fighting 181st

1109279 Potch
250 Soldiers
3275 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Week 5

Tennessee at Baltimore - These are two tough defensive units. Baltimore's seems a bit more effective through the air.
Kansas City at Carolina - Having your offense work against Denver is one thing.
Chicago at Detroit - Run Matt Forte, run!
Atlanta at Green Bay - I would not be shocked if the Pack gets upset here.
Indianapolis at Houston - Indy's coming off a bye, and has to start winning, period.
San Diego at Miami - Miami was torn to shreds by competent passers earlier in the season, Rivers is gonna do it again.
Seattle at NY Giants - Seattle is healthier, which is good coming down the stretch.
Washington at Philadelphia - Tough call.
Tampa Bay at Denver - The thing about Denver is that they can lose any game against Kansas City, any week, any year. That doesn't mean they're bad.
Buffalo at Arizona - Boldin is probably out, and Buffalo could easily win this game regardless. However, Arizona has the ability at skill positions to put most teams in the league down.
Cincinnati at Dallas - Well, the Bengals hadn't got much even when Carson Palmer was in.
New England at San Francisco - They can't protect O'Sullivan, so it's time to break Gore out. The only problem is, if New England has actually figured out their explosive passing game on the bye, then Gore won't be rushing for long.
Pittsburgh at Jacksonville - I really don't see what's so good about this Steelers team.
Minnesota at New Orleans - Minnesota probably won't let McAllister or Bush run on them. But they won't be able to stop Drew Brees from passing on them. As long as AP doesn't do too much damage early, New Orleans can build a lead, and Drew can outshoot the Vikings.

He's a victim - not a perp - and I'm choosing to let him go.
Synchysi

Creatures Once Godlike

11782640 Potch
18161 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Tennessee at Baltimore - Baltimore likes to prove me wrong weekly, and I'd love for them to do it again. I still don't think Tennessee is as good as everyone thinks, they've had a real cupcake of a schedule so far. That said, I still think they're better than the Ravens.
Kansas City at Carolina - Shouldn't be that close. KC is really bad despite last week's fluke of a win.
Chicago at Detroit - Chicago also likes to prove me wrong constantly. It'd suck if they do it again this week against a crummy Lions team.
Atlanta at Green Bay - I think Rodgers will rebound to tear apart a bad defense, although Atlanta hasn't looked as bad as I thought they would.
Indianapolis at Houston - Houston fluked into almost beating the Jags last week. The Colts will win this one by at least 17.
San Diego at Miami - The Chargers look to be getting better and better each week. At least one of my Super Bowl picks is still alive.
Seattle at NY Giants - I think Seattle could upset the Giants, but they won't. It should be a close game though.
Washington at Philadelphia - Even after beating Dallas last week, I still don't think Washington is as good as Philly, especially in Philly.
Tampa Bay at Denver - Tampa doesn't have the offense to exploit Denver's shoddy defense.
Buffalo at Arizona - Buffalo is for real. With New England down and out this year, the Bills have a chance for something big and Arizona doesn't have the talent to stop them.
Cincinnati at Dallas - Dallas will be looking to rebound from a game they think they should have won, and Cincinnati sucks hard.
New England at San Francisco - Upset special of the week. The 49ers have a surprising offense that can exploit the Pats weak secondary, and enough defense to slow the Pats.
Pittsburgh at Jacksonville - A piss-poor showing by Jacksonville against a crappy team last week will be further exploited here. Jones-Drew and Taylor couldn't run at all on Houston, for which they should be embarrassed.
Minnesota at New Orleans - My NFC Super Bowl pick is dead. New Orleans takes this one fairly easily.

Last edited by Synchysi on Sat Oct 04, 2008 3:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Shad

Midnight

4252503 Potch
200 Soldiers
38 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Week 3 standings:
1. 10-5-1 Nines
2. 9-6-1 Parallax
2. 9-6-1 Red Cydranth
2. 9-6-1 Samurai X
2. 9-6-1 Synchysi
6. 8-7-1 Shad

Overall standings:
1. 33-13-1 Red Cydranth
2. 29-17-1 Synchysi
3. 27-19-1 Parallax
3. 27-19-1 Samurai X
3. 27-19-1 Shad
6. 18-13-16 Locke
7. 17-13-17 Nines
8. 10-5-32 Sailor Sexy
9. 9-6-32 fuji
10. 0-1-46 Calvin

Week 4 will be up in a bit.
Shad

Midnight

4252503 Potch
200 Soldiers
38 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Aaaand now we're all caught up.

Week 4 standings:
1. 9-4-0 Samurai X
2. 8-5-0 Nines
2. 8-5-0 Parallax
2. 8-5-0 Synchysi
5. 7-6-0 Shad
6. 6-7-0 fuji
6. 6-7-0 Red Cydranth

Overall standings:
1. 39-20-1 Red Cydranth
2. 37-22-1 Synchysi
3. 36-23-1 Samurai X
4. 35-24-1 Parallax
5. 34-25-1 Shad
6. 25-18-17 Nines
7. 18-13-29 Locke
8. 15-13-32 fuji
9. 10-5-45 Sailor Sexy
10. 0-1-59 Calvin
Samurai X

The Hokies

74481 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Tennessee at Baltimore
Kansas City at Carolina
Chicago at Detroit
Atlanta at Green Bay
Indianapolis at Houston
San Diego at Miami
Seattle at NY Giants
Tampa Bay at Denver
Buffalo at Arizona
Cincinnati at Dallas
Minnesota at New Orleans
Nines

Uno yo besuto washu!

76077 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, I give. The NFL has fallen in to Bizarro World.
Parallax

Fighting 181st

1109279 Potch
250 Soldiers
3275 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Maybe I can actually get a pick right this week... hmm.

Week 6

Chicago at Atlanta - Well, the Falcons love to run. At home, they've done it consistently and successfully. Chicago too loves to run, but they also love to stop the run. Also, apparently Kyle Orton has found himself. Go Bears, go!
Miami at Houston - It must be hard to be Houston right now. Because I'm picking the Miami Dolphins to beat them. Since Houston is apparently content to beat themselves in the last five minutes of a game they should easily have won, I don't see how they're going to stand up to the Dolphins...who are hungry, and since implementing their 'Wildcat' offense, have done some crazy shit.
Baltimore at Indianapolis - I can't pick Baltimore's games. Indy has just been terrible this season though.
Detroit at Minnesota - No, wait, sorry, did I say Indianapolis was terrible? How 'bout them Lions? I still think Minnesota is a bad team. Antoine Winfield is a true hero, and Gus Frerrote is much better than I expected him to be, but the Saints beat the tar out of themselves on Monday Night. That having been said...while I think Minnesota is bad, I think Detroit is making a 1st pick run with St. Louis.
Oakland at New Orleans - I can't let myself believe that Al Davis fixed his team by firing Kiffen. Also, there's this guy...Drew Brees, I think his name is. Assuming the Saints actually come to play a game here, Oakland should go down quietly.
Cincinnati at New York Jets - I wouldn't want to get into a shootout with Brett Favre.
Carolina at Tampa Bay - Gonna be rough for the Bucs to find points against the Panthers. Delhomme has a lot of weapons at his command, and Tampa Bay's defense is probably not as good as they looked against Denver.
St. Louis at Washington - The Skins have me convinced. I hope they mop up the whole stiking division.
Jacksonville at Denver - Jacksonville's secondary is too soft with those lingering injuries, and Denver...well, they should be embarrassed by their terrible performance against the Chiefs, and very mediocre one against the Buccaneers.
Dallas at Arizona - Two weeks of crappy play from Dallas? I say more than that. Too many turnovers, team looking kind of wishy-washy. I've heard a lot of explanations for their problems this season, but that's kind of irrelevant. I hate the Cowboys, and I'll laugh myself to the bank if the Cardinals bury them.
Philadelphia at San Francisco - I still don't think Donovan McNabb wishing hard it were so makes Philly a good team. However...
Green Bay at Seattle - Yes, the Giants have almost certainly been the best, most consistent team in the NFL this season. However, they were without their #1 deep threat, and still hung 44 on the Seahawks. Green Bay's defense has terrible injuries, and probably can't contain the Seahawks very well, but Aaron Rodgers has consistently put together a strong passing attack.
New England at San Diego - I don't really know how to pick this. These two teams share two things in common - injuries are slowing them down, and they can't handle the single-wing. If San Diego starts snapping directly to LaDainian Tomlinson, this match is over. I'll take the home team, I guess.
New York Giants at Cleveland - Expect to see Brady Quinn starting for the Browns soon (assuming he's still not?) because Derek Anderson shouldn't be any match for the Giants' defense. Not with Braylon Edwards dropping every other ball, anyway.

Last edited by Parallax on Sat Oct 11, 2008 10:23 pm; edited 2 times in total
Shad

Midnight

4252503 Potch
200 Soldiers
38 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Week 5 standings:
1. 9-5-0 Shad
2. 8-6-0 fuji
2. 8-6-0 Parallax
2. 8-6-0 Red Cydranth
2. 8-6-0 Synchysi
6. 6-8-0 Samurai X

Overall standings:
1. 47-26-1 Red Cydranth
2. 45-28-1 Synchysi
3. 43-30-1 Parallax
3. 43-30-1 Shad
5. 42-31-1 Samurai X
6. 25-18-31 Nines
7. 23-19-32 fuji
8. 18-13-43 Locke
9. 10-5-59 Sailor Sexy
10. 0-1-73 Calvin

Week 6:
Chicago at Atlanta
Miami at Houston
Baltimore at Indianapolis
Detroit at Minnesota
Oakland at New Orleans
Cincinnati at NY Jets
Carolina at Tampa Bay
St. Louis at Washington
Jacksonville at Denver
Dallas at Arizona
Philadelphia at San Francisco
Green Bay at Seattle
New England at San Diego
NY Giants at Cleveland
RedCydranth

Ice Dragons

3650446 Potch
194 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Chicago at Atlanta
Miami at Houston
Detroit at Minnesota
Oakland at New Orleans
Cincinnati at NY Jets
Carolina at Tampa Bay
St. Louis at Washington
Jacksonville at Denver
Dallas at Arizona
Green Bay at Seattle
New England at San Diego
NY Giants at Cleveland

Fantasy Football (NFL) Sign Ups in Sports Forum!
Synchysi

Creatures Once Godlike

11782640 Potch
18161 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Too late and too lazy to do my crappy write-ups this week.

Chicago at Atlanta
Miami at Houston
Detroit at Minnesota
Oakland at New Orleans
Cincinnati at NY Jets
Carolina at Tampa Bay
St. Louis at Washington
Jacksonville at Denver
Dallas at Arizona
Green Bay at Seattle
New England at San Diego
NY Giants at Cleveland

Fighting 181st

1109279 Potch
250 Soldiers
3275 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm so happy to see people picking Chicago...I could burst.

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Sports All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 5 of 8

Jump to: