Suikoden Utopian and Informational Kriegspiel Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

NFL 2008 Weekly Predictions
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
RedCydranth

Ice Dragons

3650446 Potch
194 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I said this all preseason and I'll say it here. John David Booty will be the Vikings starter by season's end.

Fantasy Football (NFL) Sign Ups in Sports Forum!
Synchysi

Creatures Once Godlike

11782640 Potch
18161 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oakland at Buffalo - The Bills are relevant again. Oakland certainly isn't.
Tampa Bay at Chicago - Pretty even matchup, but I give the edge to the home team.
Carolina at Minnesota - My NFC Super Bowl pick, I can't abandon them now.
Miami at New England - I could QB the Pats to a win over Miami.
Cincinnati at NY Giants - Not a good week for Carson Palmer.
Houston at Tennessee - Shouldn't be close.
Arizona at Washington - This could be a shoot out, might be fun to watch.
New Orleans at Denver - Remember when New Orleans knew who Deuce McAllister was?
Detroit at San Francisco - Who cares?
St. Louis at Seattle - St. Louis is bad. Very, very bad.
Cleveland at Baltimore - Cleveland wins based on the fact that their defense is slightly less pathetic than Baltimore's offense.
Jacksonville at Indianapolis - The Jags are crashing and burning this year and I couldn't be happier about it.
Pittsburgh at Philadelphia - Pittsburgh smashed a horrible team and barely beat a slightly less horrible team, and Philly's offense looks unstoppable.
Dallas at Green Bay - Aaron Rodgers looks better than I thought he would this early, but Dallas still edges the Packers.
NY Jets at San Diego - Neither of my Super Bowl picks are looking very good. The Chargers have to win this to remain relevant.

Fighting 181st

1109279 Potch
250 Soldiers
3275 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

RedCydranth wrote:
I said this all preseason and I'll say it here. John David Booty will be the Vikings starter by season's end.

This may be.

I'm still surprised they benched Jackson so early in the season though. Especially in favour of Gus Frerrote.

He's a victim - not a perp - and I'm choosing to let him go.
Samurai X

The Hokies

74481 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Week 3

Oakland at Buffalo
Tampa Bay at Chicago
Carolina at Minnesota
Miami at New England
Cincinnati at NY Giants
Houston at Tennessee-Collins looks good this game. But most will against Cincy.
Arizona at Washington- Good ole Kurt Warner.
New Orleans at Denver
Detroit at San Francisco
St. Louis at Seattle
Cleveland at Baltimore
Jacksonville at Indianapolis
Pittsburgh at Philadelphia
Dallas at Green Bay
NY Jets at San Diego - Jets bounce back.
Nines

Uno yo besuto washu!

76077 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, nobody's getting a perfect week this time.
Parallax

Fighting 181st

1109279 Potch
250 Soldiers
3275 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

What, you mean nobody thought Miami would blow out the Patriots in Foxborough?

...How can it be?

Parallax

Fighting 181st

1109279 Potch
250 Soldiers
3275 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Week 4

Atlanta at Carolina - Pretty even matchup here.
Cleveland at Cincinnati - As much as Cincinnati has the ability to win this game...
Houston at Jacksonville - Both Maurice Jones-Drew and Fred Taylor can rush for 100+ on Houston. That's a problem. For Houston.
Denver at Kansas City - The Chiefs are in serious trouble.
San Franciso at New Orleans - Probably something of a shoot-out here. I think the Saints can outshoot the 49ers though. Anytime, anywhere.
Arizona at New York Jets - K.
Green Bay at Tampa Bay - This one is confusing, but Green Bay is almost certainly the stronger team. Especially if they keep starting Griese.
Minnesota at Tennessee - Fuck Minnesota.
San Diego at Oakland - Seriously, guys.
Buffalo at St. Louis - Benched Marc Bulger, but have not yet fired the entire team. We'll see.
Washington at Dallas - Sorry, Mme. Geddoe.
Philadelphia at Chicago - I'd homer this anyway, but without Brian Westbrook, Philadelphia is much weakened. Plus McNabb is hurt. SHOCK.
Baltimore at Pittsburgh - Pittsburgh hasn't shown really any flare on offense. Baltimore has shown good ability on both sides of the ball.

Nines

Uno yo besuto washu!

76077 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Atlanta Falcons at Carolina Panthers
The Panthers lost to the Vikings last week, so they're gonna wanna reassert them as the division leaders this week against the crappy falcons.

Cleveland Browns at Cincinnati Bengals
Cincy sucks. They betrayed me once and I shall never again pick them.

Houston Texans at Jacksonville Jaguars
With the Colts playing sub-par, I think Jacksonville will be more fired up to move ahead of them.

Denver Broncos at Kansas City Chiefs
Yikes.

San Francisco 49ers at New Orleans Saints
I'm going to go with the upset on this one. The Niners are feeling good about their team for the first time in like five years.

Arizona Cardinals at New York Jets
The Jets are better than they played last week.

Green Bay Packers at Tampa Bay Buccaneers
The Packers simply outclass the Buccaneers in every position, duh.

Minnesota Vikings at Tennessee Titans
They're starting a 39-year-old who previously was a backup ON THE RAMS. He wasn't good enough to start FOR THE RAMS.

San Diego Chargers at Oakland Raiders
I'm calling it: LT runs for 900 yards and 12 touchdowns. That's how this game will be played.

Buffalo Bills at St. Louis Rams
The Bills wanna keep their #1 spot, and the Rams are the Rams.

Washington Redskins at Dallas Cowboys
Skins suck.

Philadelphia Eagles at Chicago Bears
The Bears still suck.

Baltimore Ravens at Pittsburgh Steelers
Neither team is awesome, but the Steelers are a little better. Snorefest of the week?
Synchysi

Creatures Once Godlike

11782640 Potch
18161 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Atlanta at Carolina - Without Turner the Falcons aren't much of a team.
Cleveland at Cincinnati - Here's hoping for another 51-45 game like last year.
Houston at Jacksonville - A team off an emotional road win at home against one of the two or three worst teams in the AFC? No contest.
Denver at Kansas City - The Chiefs are one of the aforementioned "two or three".
San Francisco at New Orleans - As surprising at the 49ers have been, the Saints have full capability to demolish them here.
Arizona at New York Jets - The Jets aren't nearly as bad as they've played so far.
Green Bay at Tampa Bay - Tampa has a decent chance to upset the Pack though.
Minnesota at Tennessee - Frerotte can't be any worse than Jackson, and the Titans still aren't that good.
San Diego at Oakland - Al Davis holds a press conference at half time announcing Lane Kiffin's firing.
Buffalo at St. Louis - Marc Bulger was only one of St. Louis' many, many problems.
Washington at Dallas - Don't see this one being terribly exciting.
Philadelphia at Chicago - The Eagles may be short-handed, but the Bears are still pretty bad.
Baltimore at Pittsburgh - I refuse to believe in a rookie QB behind a bad offensive line, especially against Pittsburgh's defensive schemes.

Ice Dragons

3650446 Potch
194 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Atlanta at Carolina - Carolina just has to stop those wheels from Turnering.
Cleveland at Cincinnati - Got a feeling the funk is off of Palmer and he'll finally throw decently. We might see Quinn by endgame if Derek doesn't show up.
Houston at Jacksonville - Jacksonville is playing well, despite bumps and bruises all over. Houston is potent, but not enough to beat a team like the Jaguars.
Denver at Kansas City - Let's see the NFL's #1 Pass offense versus a Kansas City team that can't defend or score points. The Chiefs have scored 4 TD total in the first 3 weeks. Michael Pittman has that many himself.
San Francisco at New Orleans - No Colston, No Shockey, No Deuce.... No Problem. Gonna be a passing duel though. I just hope Meachem uses this game as a great launchpad into people's minds. He's got a lot of potential.
Arizona at New York Jets - I hate the Jets. I didn't say this last week and I feel I failed myself somewhat. The Cardinals hopefully are as good as I think they are. Warner to Boldin is shaping up to be the 1-2 punch of the year.
Green Bay at Tampa Bay - I think the Bucs are having some early issues. Good thing Ike Hilliard is there to keep them afloat. Green Bay looks great. Dallas was just too good though.
Minnesota at Tennessee - You know, I'm gonna stick with the Titans because their Defense is the hardest working group in the NFL and their team's record shows it. The offense has nothing much other than the Johnson-LenDale tandem to use and they still find ways to win. Minnesota will fall to the defensive Titans.
San Diego at Oakland - I wonder what Lane Kiffin has to do to get fired. Last week he refused to take Timeouts and get a last posession out of Buffalo and laid his team's hopes on a Rian Lindell FG attempt. Good thing for Buffalo Lindell doesn't miss often.
Buffalo at St. Louis - 4-0! 4-0! No team has gone 4-0 in the history of the NFL and not made playoffs. Trent Green as their QB? Thats a recipe for disaster. He's 1 concussion away from becoming Muhammed Ali. With Denney, Stroud and Kelsay's great ability to blitz, this could be Trent Green's last game. Hey, on a side note, this game will be the battle of the Trents. Go Edwards!
Washington at Dallas - Washington will actually put up a fight. Dallas is clearly the better team and has emerged as the early Superbowl favorite in the NFL. Not that we couldn't see this coming a mile away.
Philadelphia at Chicago - Philly lost Westbrook for a week or two. Wah wah. Corell Buckhalter was quite explosive and I think he'll do fine. McNabb isn't that banged up and he'll be able to throw to Baskett, Jackson and maybe even Kevin Curtis this week. Philly won't lose this one.
Baltimore at Pittsburgh- Is it me or does Pittsburgh get a lot of TV coverage? Maybe it is just me. Anyhow, Ben's shoulder has been nagging him. Willie is out for the week. I think this is a good chance for Mendenhall to show off his stuff. But I think Baltimore takes this one and move on to 3-0.

Shad

Midnight

4252503 Potch
200 Soldiers
38 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'll post week 3 results later:

Atlanta at Carolina
Cleveland at Cincinnati
Houston at Jacksonville
Denver at Kansas City
San Fransisco at New Orleans
Arizona at New York Jets
Green Bay at Tampa Bay
Minnesota at Tennessee
San Diego at Oakland
Buffalo at St. Louis
Washington at Dallas
Philadelphia at Chicago
Baltimore at Pittsburgh
Nines

Uno yo besuto washu!

76077 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

RedCydranth wrote:

Baltimore at Pittsburgh- Is it me or does Pittsburgh get a lot of TV coverage?

They do, but they have a fanbase like Green Bay's (299 straight sellout games at home) in a much bigger town, so I can kinda see why.
fuji

9643133 Potch
16500 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Atlanta at Carolina
Cleveland at Cincinnati
Houston at Jacksonville
Denver at Kansas City
San Fransisco at New Orleans
Arizona at New York Jets
Green Bay at Tampa Bay
Minnesota at Tennessee
San Diego at Oakland
Buffalo at St. Louis
Washington at Dallas
Philadelphia at Chicago
Baltimore at Pittsburgh

___ "That's not much"

"It's enough"
Parallax

Fighting 181st

1109279 Potch
250 Soldiers
3275 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sometimes, it's really lonely to be a Chicago Bears fan.

RedCydranth

Ice Dragons

3650446 Potch
194 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Nines wrote:
RedCydranth wrote:

Baltimore at Pittsburgh- Is it me or does Pittsburgh get a lot of TV coverage?

They do, but they have a fanbase like Green Bay's (299 straight sellout games at home) in a much bigger town, so I can kinda see why.

But why get so much national coverage? It's a shame the Browns suck so badly, they've got a lot of primetime games coming up too.

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Sports All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 4 of 8

Jump to: