Suikoden United and Illegal Kraalesque Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

NFL 2008 Weekly Predictions
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nines

Uno yo besuto washu!

76077 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The AFC has its share of garbage teams, too. The Dolphins, the Ravens (the only team Miami could beat), the entire AFC West except for the Chargers... you just don't hear that mentioned because the AFC has five really good teams, and like you said, you only need one from each conference.

I'm a fan of the Packers, so I think they'll make another run if Rodgers finds his feet in short order. The Vikings, though, if Tavaris Jackson learns to be a better quarterback than LaToya Jackson, they'll be a team to watch out for.
Parallax

Fighting 181st

1109279 Potch
250 Soldiers
3275 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

In an oddly ironic twist, today we saw the AFC's strongest teams get ravaged... Jacksonville, San Diego and Indianapolis all losing, and Tom Brady hurt... perhaps badly.

Ouch!

He's a victim - not a perp - and I'm choosing to let him go.
Nines

Uno yo besuto washu!

76077 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yahoo is saying Brady is out for the season.

And the Chargers did not get RAVAGED. That was a great game. You wanna see ravaged, that was the Eagles vs the Rams.
Arevus

The Reborn

314452 Potch
100 Soldiers
44 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

How about dem Eagles.

Sup?
Parallax

Fighting 181st

1109279 Potch
250 Soldiers
3275 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Looks like it's confirmed that Brady is done for the season. Could mean some changes in the AFC East.

RedCydranth

Ice Dragons

3650446 Potch
194 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Nah, I'm a huge Bills fan and I still think the Patriots will be good. Yeah they lose a bit of wind in their sails, but remember they still have a solid receiving core, a decent defense and one of the easiest schedules in the league. The real test will be this week when they face the Jets who are a division rival who feel on top of the world after a week 1 win and see themselves as having an opportunity take an early division lead.

I called the loss to Indianapolis, however I was mildly surprised to see the Chargers lose to the Panthers. Tomlinson didn't get the normal amount of opportunities he normally does. I'm not sure if they were trying to show they're a passing team as well or what. Regardless, I think this was a fluke. I have Carolina as a wild card team so its not a massive shocker.

I was more surprised about the downfall of Jacksonville. They suffered some huge losses on that offensive line. Tennessee played decently, despite the loss of Vince Young.

Anyone see the Raiders-Broncos game? How much more pitiful could the Raiders play? Ugh.

Fantasy Football (NFL) Sign Ups in Sports Forum!
Nines

Uno yo besuto washu!

76077 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

As a Packers fan, I am somehow compelled to inform everyone that this year, the NFL is Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood.
Sailor Sexy

Mikan weeps for Brady

246380 Potch
175 Soldiers
50 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, let me know when they stop saying that everything that Aaron Rodgers does is Favre-like. Let the selfish bastard die already.

~Uguu!~
Parallax

Fighting 181st

1109279 Potch
250 Soldiers
3275 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

RedCydranth wrote:
Nah, I'm a huge Bills fan and I still think the Patriots will be good.

Yes, they will be. I still wouldn't be surprised to see them win 10 games, even without Tom Brady. He doesn't make up the entire team.

The problem isn't so much that Brady is out as it is that Matt Cassel is the backup. He's not particularly good, in my opinion (though who knows, really?) and he hasn't started a game since high school. Not exactly a glowing recommendation.

Quote:
Yeah they lose a bit of wind in their sails, but remember they still have a solid receiving core, a decent defense and one of the easiest schedules in the league.

Their defense has suffered some losses. I suspect this will be where New England has problems - if their defense can't contain opposing offenses, then Matt Cassel gets put under a lot of pressure to make things happen. That's never where you want your backup guy to be.

Quote:
The real test will be this week when they face the Jets who are a division rival who feel on top of the world after a week 1 win and see themselves as having an opportunity take an early division lead.

I'm really looking forward to watching that game.

Quote:
Anyone see the Raiders-Broncos game? How much more pitiful could the Raiders play? Ugh.

Yeah. I knew it was stupid of me to think that the Raiders could beat the Broncos. Denver might lose every other game this year, but they'll take the Raiders twice.

Samurai X

The Hokies

74481 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Poor Tom Brady. I don't really understand some of the "product of a system" comments I've heard. The only year Billy didn't have him as a starter the Pats endured a 5-11 season and were on their way to a similar season the next year until Bledsoe went down.

The Bradyless Pats won't be anywhere near the same team they were last year. The Bills and Jets will compete for the AFC East crown. Kind've reminds me of the Jets in 99 when Testerverde went down and were no longer Superbowl contenders, or even playoff contenders.

I hate season injuries like this because rarely do guys come back the same. Testerverde was crap all those years after his injury. Carson Palmer hasn't looked the same since his injury etc.
Nines

Uno yo besuto washu!

76077 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, it's week 2, and now that I've actually seen teams play real games, that counted for real, this season, I think I'll make some guesses.

Oakland Raiders at Kansas City Chiefs
This game makes me sad just by existing.

Green Bay Packers at Detroit Lions
General Aaron C. Rodgers leads the Packers to a conquest of the Lions and their barbarian king, Matt Millen.

Tennessee Titans at Cincinnati Bengals
I couldn't decide, so I'm picking Cincy entirely contingent on Chad Ocho Cinco getting his new name on his jersey this week.

Chicago Bears at Carolina Panthers
Carolina managed to beat the Chargers, FFS.

Buffalo Bills at Jacksonville Jaguars
The Jags are banged up pretty badly.

New Orleans Saints at Washington Redskins
The Saints are looking good. While I figure they'll fumble it in the second half of the year like usual, they can still beat the Skins, who suck.

Indianapolis Colts at Minnesota Vikings
The Colts can't stop ADP with their line, which seems to slump a little more every year.

New York Giants at St. Louis Rams
Roflstomped.

San Francisco 49ers at Seattle Seahawks
The Seahawks aren't great, but the Niners aren't good.

Atlanta Falcons at Tampa Bay Buccaneers
TB can stop the run and force Matt Ryan to pass. Simple as that.

Miami Dolphins at Arizona Cardinals
Because the Seahawks got a gimme win, so they gave the Cards one too to keep the NFC West close.

New England Patriots at New York Jets
My wishful pick, but Favre can stretch the field, which I think will give the Pats' secondary a bit of trouble.

Baltimore Ravens at Houston Texans
Mario Williams will show Baltimore why you don't normally start rookies.

San Diego Chargers at Denver Broncos
Denver only looked good because they were playing Oakland, which is only rivaled in awful by Miami.

Pittsburgh Steelers at Cleveland Browns
I think this one comes down to the Browns being at home. Probably a close game.

Philadelphia Eagles at Dallas Cowboys
It's the regular season, so Romo won't blow the game this time.
RedCydranth

Ice Dragons

3650446 Potch
194 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Week 2

Oakland Raiders at Kansas City Chiefs - I still hope to see the Raiders are an improved team. If they lose against KC I'll switch my hopes for the Raiders.
Green Bay Packers at Detroit Lions - Detroit is abysmal, as always. Green Bay might actually have a playoff shot if they play as well as they did last week against the Vikings. Regardless last week was an important win.
Tennessee Titans at Cincinnati Bengals - Vince Young is out but I still think this is gonna be close. Tennessee's defense is better than Cincinnati's offense, but Cincinnati's Defense is better than the Titans Offense. I give it to the Bengals, only because of their potential. But thats all the Bengals ever are.
Chicago Bears at Carolina Panthers - I know the Bears played well against Indy, I called it. However I think the Panthers will beat the Bears this time around. Bears are inconsistent, but so are the Panthers. They are both coming off of fluke wins.
Buffalo Bills at Jacksonville Jaguars - Not just my homer pick, as Geddoe calls it, but I think the Bills are a much improved team going up a bruised and battered Jacksonville squad.
New Orleans Saints at Washington Redskins - Even with Colston out of the mix at WR, they still have Pattern, Henderson and Meachem. Not to mention Shockey. Washington just have too many kinks to work out.
Indianapolis Colts at Minnesota Vikings - Feeling beaten the Colts redeem themselves by beating the snot out of Minnesota. Sadly, a good team in Minnesota starts out 0-2.
New York Giants at St. Louis Rams - The Giants go unbeaten since the superbowl by soundly destroying the lamest show on turf.
San Francisco 49ers at Seattle Seahawks - No depth at receiver, no depth at Running back. Burleson and Morris are out, one for the season. Branch might return, but he's rushing that injury. I think the 49ers win because they're the only team in this game with an offense.
Atlanta Falcons at Tampa Bay Buccaneers - As much as it would please me to see Matt Ryan go 2-0 for the Falcons I can't bet against the Bucs Defense in this one. Perspective check, the Falcons beat the Lions last week, not the Cowboys. Let's refrain from giving them any real credit.
Miami Dolphins at Arizona Cardinals - I have no clue what gimme game Nines is talking about, Seattle is undermatched this week and last week. But this game here is gonna be fun if you're a Cardinals fan. I'm backing the Cards this year and I'm on their train, so I hope to see Warner to Larry a few times.
New England Patriots at New York Jets - The Cassel regime has begun, the Patriots open their season without Brady with a win. Although it won't be as easy as if it had Tom in there. I think Brett and the Jets give the Pats a run for their money. I hate the Jets.
Baltimore Ravens at Houston Texans - I don't care who wins the game, I want to see how well Steve Slaton and Ray Rice develop as young running backs. Slaton did well last week, while Ray Rice underperformed. I pick Houston this because quietly the Houston team has made a decent offense with Shaub, Johnson, Walter and Slaton.
San Diego Chargers at Denver Broncos - Time to give credit where it is due. Denver beat the living hell out of Oakland. I though the lack of Brandon Marshall would have a larger impact but I didn't think Eddie Royal would have a career rookie day 1st week out. But the tragic loss of San Diego makes them all the more hungry for a win and this is a divisional game so it has more ramifications than the Carolina one. LT needs to show up more too.
Pittsburgh Steelers at Cleveland Browns - Cleveland off to a rough start facing 2 of the hardest teams in the NFL. I think this game will be fun to watch because Steelers D might be able to hold off the Browns while the Browns D can't stop Big Ben and Willie Parker, who surprisingly redeemed himself for all last year in one game. Go Fast Willie P!
Philadelphia Eagles at Dallas Cowboys - Dallas looks too good to give up a game to McNabb, although those Eagles were the best team in the Division last week. But I think the Defense of the 'boys will slow the Eagles powerhouse passing game while Felix, Marion and TO make scraps of the Eagles defense.

Fantasy Football (NFL) Sign Ups in Sports Forum!
Synchysi

Creatures Once Godlike

11782640 Potch
18161 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oakland Raiders at Kansas City Chiefs
I still think Oakland can break .500, even after Monday's no-show.

Green Bay Packers at Detroit Lions
If Atlanta stomped Detroit I can't imagine what a good team will do to them.

Tennessee Titans at Cincinnati Bengals
Kerry Collins is probably a better fit than Vince Young anyway.

Chicago Bears at Carolina Panthers
I'll say Chicago fluked harder last week than Carolina did.

Buffalo Bills at Jacksonville Jaguars
Jacksonville looked really bad losing to Tennessee last week.

New Orleans Saints at Washington Redskins
Shouldn't be all that close. There's no reason New Orleans shouldn't bounce back and have a good season.

Indianapolis Colts at Minnesota Vikings
I still have faith in the Colts. Maybe misplaced faith, but faith nontheless.

New York Giants at St. Louis Rams
The Rams still aren't sure what their end zone looks like.

San Francisco 49ers at Seattle Seahawks
It'll be rough with all their injuries, but the 49ers really are that bad.

Atlanta Falcons at Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Turner won't go for 200 this time.

Miami Dolphins at Arizona Cardinals
Bad game between two bad teams, and Arizona picks up an ugly win.

New England Patriots at New York Jets
Originally I'd have picked the Pats to scrape by, but I think without Brady the Jets have a good shot to win it.

Baltimore Ravens at Houston Texans
If Houston remembers this is the regular season and that the games actually count this week, they have a shot.

San Diego Chargers at Denver Broncos
The Chargers will be fine. Denver is not as good as they looked against the Raiders.

Pittsburgh Steelers at Cleveland Browns
Pittsburgh is really good, while the Browns have no defense. It might be close, but I can't see the Steelers losing this one.

Philadelphia Eagles at Dallas Cowboys
I think this'll actually turn out to be a good game, but Dallas edges the Eagles.

Uno yo besuto washu!

76077 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Fun fact I just learned: Adrian Petersen is the first Viking to get in to the end zone against Green Bay in 10 months.
Sailor Sexy

Mikan weeps for Brady

246380 Potch
175 Soldiers
50 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oakland Raiders at Kansas City Chiefs - *gag* But maybe Oakland will continue to suck nuts and we can finally see a team go 0-16. It's up to them or Detroit to do it by my reckoning.

Green Bay Packers at Detroit Lions - Speaking of Detroit, this is a team that made Atlanta look like a Super Bowl contender. Yes, Michael Turner is a good running back, but he's not 220 yards awesome. Way to go you pathetic losers. Kitna, shut up and actually get above .500 before you try and be Mr. Peptalk.

Tennessee Titans at Cincinnati Bengals - Go go Kerry Collins! Nah, he sucks, but the Bungles showed no life last week, and Tennessee has a way of making bad teams really look ugly.

Chicago Bears at Carolina Panthers - We'll see if last week was a fluke, but it looks like Chicago's defense has found itself again this year.

Buffalo Bills at Jacksonville Jaguars - Buffalo usually waits until mid season before they tank it, and Jacksonville looked horrendous last week, so I'll give the nod to Buffalo

New Orleans Saints at Washington Redskins - The Saints look like they might live up to the expectations of them from last year, and Washington is looking like an overpaid group of chumps yet again.

Indianapolis Colts at Minnesota Vikings - The Colts do not look like the threat they've been in the past. I don't expect them to continue to look that bad, but against a Vikings defense which is better than what we saw on Monday, they'll continue to struggle.

New York Giants at St. Louis Rams - And people say the Patriots schedule is soft. Easy pickings.

San Francisco 49ers at Seattle Seahawks - An early season Toilet Bowl with the 49ers emerging as top turds.

Atlanta Falcons at Tampa Bay Buccaneers - I'm not yet sold on Atlanta and Turner after a romping of one of the worst franchises in NFL history.

Miami Dolphins at Arizona Cardinals - Pennington is still a joke, and while he'll win a few games this year, this won't be one of them.

New England Patriots at New York Jets - Matt Cassell is no Tom Brady, but the Jets are still the Jets. Start getting that resume put together Rat Mangini, you'll be lucky to last the season.

Baltimore Ravens at Houston Texans - The Texans are back to their usual form, which in their case is pathetic. Man there are a lot of bad looking teams so far this year.

San Diego Chargers at Denver Broncos - Merriman finally realized that he's not smarter than a doctor and called it quits for the year. Not that that has any impact on whether or not San Diego wins, I just think he's a moron and I hope he gets hit by a truck on his way home.

Pittsburgh Steelers at Cleveland Browns - Willie Parker looks to be back in form, and Big Ben wasn't too shabby either. Cleveland is still looking real rough around the edges. They'll be mediocre again this year.

Philadelphia Eagles at Dallas Cowboys - Philly is too streaky to pick here, while the Cowboys only collapse during the playoffs.

~Uguu!~
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Sports All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 2 of 8

Jump to: