Suikoden Unique and Inspirational Kibbutz Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Suikoden Tierkreis?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 22, 23, 24  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Tierkreis Speculation & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shikator

Akamaru

492303 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

well i guess tierkries inst suikoden 6 then..hay.
shikator

Akamaru

492303 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

the castle in the first and second scan, dosent it look like falena? The guy that is talking in the bar it look like he is wearing the queens knight armor?
Himuro

La Morte

844834 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Straight from good ol Due Fiumi:

Quote:

Characters

The main character has no name, but apparently will be voiced by Takashi Hiroshi. It is unknown if this will just be in 'grunts' a la Lazlo and Freyjadour in Suikoden IV and V or like Kyril in Suikoden Tactics.

The character Jair (ジェイル) will be voiced by Ryotaro Okiayu. The female character Malikah (マリカ) will be voiced by Sakamoto Maya. Liu (リウ) will be voiced by Tetsuya Kakihara and finally, Dirug (ディルグ) will be voiced by Konishi Katsuyuki who is also voicing Viktor in the Suikoden radio drama detailed on this site.

A shark race may be introduced into the series if one of the images has been interpreted correctly. All together now; grrrroan!

Gameplay

The gameplay takes advantage of the Nintendo DS's touch screen. The top screen shows character status information. HP, MP, status effects and the like. Meanwhile, you can use the DS stylus to enter commands in battle on the touch screen.

Other observations include: The battle system appears to be a four person battle system, like Suikoden IV. As such, it is a traditional RPG, not a strategy RPG like Suikoden Tactics.

Looking at the status screen it appears traditional Suikoden MP is OUT, to be replaced with standard MP numbers comparable to HP. Like in Final Fantasy VII, for example (and 90% of every RPG ever).

Himuro

La Morte

844834 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The character art and designs in general don't look nearly up to series standards but I don't really mind because they're not bad either. Still a drastic change in quality. I can tell they've hired a new character designer.

On the other hand...the backgrounds are gorgeous. Holy crap.
Finfreeze

177377 Potch
1 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

http://www2.imgup.org/iup672002.jpg
Woah, are those actual video game-style magic points? Seems a bit weird that they'd stray from the Vancian spells per day system... It definitely seems like they may be changing the rune spell system as well. Maybe we won't be stuck with four spells of increasing power/utility per rune, or maybe there'll be an even bigger change in how runes work...

As for the platform, I can't say I'm not NOT (-Ed.) unhappy that it's on DS.

Quote:
Dirug (ディルグ)

...You sure that's Dirug and not Dirk? I don't see those two little marks even on the high-def scan.

The girl with brown hair in the battle screen seems to be Yula, and I think SO BEARD next to her's name is Misrach.

It seems that Takuhi on NeoGAF has gleaned a little more about the story:
Quote:
Apparently the game begins with the 108 heroes engaged in their final battle with the villain, and all the heroes being taken down except for four. This game's hero is not one of them, and his quest involves reassembling the 108, as opposed to discovering them.

NON-STARS TAKIN' CHARGE

Last edited by Finfreeze on Wed Aug 20, 2008 7:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Himuro

La Morte

844834 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

holy fuck.
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Finfreeze wrote:
...You sure that's Dirug and not Dirk? I don't see those two little marks even on the high-def scan.

Yep, you're right. It's been fixed, thanks.
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Darkbeat

Location: The school of making funny locations for my forum profile
102756 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I just came buckets. GAF delivers again.

If that really is the plot then this could quite possibly be the greatest DS game ever.
shikator

Akamaru

492303 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Who is GAF? i want to know a little bout him
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

shikator wrote:
Who is GAF?

It's a video game forum.
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Vextor

11331071 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Interesting stuff. Initial reaction inside my mind is "this doesn't look like Suikoden," but it's a spinoff so who knows. Too little info at this point, but the article does mention a large force to the North led by some "organization." The dude leading it, Belfreid, mentions how the world has been destinied to end, etc.

Seems like the game starts after the previous 108 stars is slaughtered. Cool.

Random tidbits--

Placenames don't help much:

Sitro Village - where the hero is from
Kingdom of Salsaville
Town of Saad
Freseria Forest
Marcina Plains
Septaflos - A floating town / city where the "Porpoise" race live.
El Kalaal - a palace of some sort of empire ruled by Danash VIII

Jail - typically quite and sometimes brash, but cares about the hero and others within the town guards.
Marika - daughter of the village chief and member of the town guards. A friend of the hero since early childhood.
Riu (liu?) - A vagabond who came to Sidro village a while ago. Doesn't like to fight much.
Dirk - Leader of the Sidro village town guards. Very strong and teaches the heros and other kids how to fight, etc.

Other stuff --
Overhead world map
Unite attacks
Combo magic

We'll see what else becomes available via the internets

Last edited by Vextor on Wed Aug 20, 2008 6:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Vextor

11331071 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oh yes, my hunch is that this takes place in the Nameless Lands.
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Salsaville.

Oh dear. Well, after "Harshville", "Fort Hatred", "Rainwall" and "Stormfist", I just hope it's not a nation of salsa lovers.
Vextor

11331071 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, I wish they put more thought into the names, but at least we have a new game so that's cause for celebration.... but it's a stupid name!!!

Salsaville... man, what the heck.

And a Kingdom with a name ending in "ville" sounds way too odd and stupid at the same time, and to have "salsa" in it only adds to the strangeness and stupidness.

But still, glad to have a new game in the series.
I'm sure crap loads of info will become available soon, especially after Konami decides to update their site.
Darkbeat

Location: The school of making funny locations for my forum profile
102756 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hard to imagine they would create yet another unknown continent/country that hasn't at least been mentioned before, when there are plenty they could have used instead. Makes sense it would be Nameless Lands in that case.

Porpoise Race :( whyyyyyyyyyyyyy
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Tierkreis Speculation & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 22, 23, 24  Next
Page 7 of 24

Jump to: