Suikoden Unique and Informational Keystone Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

George Carlin Dies at 71

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kikito

Order of the Absolute

2953355 Potch
65 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 2:42 pm    Post subject: George Carlin Dies at 71 Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Here's a link to a news article about this sad event: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/25322638/

Needless to say, the guy was a genius. He shall be missed by the many he's made laugh and reflect during his long and prosperous career.
Jowy Atreides

486378 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've never actually enjoyed his standup (too much complaining, not enough jokes), but I respect the role he played in defying social norms back in the 60's and 70's. I heard about this on CNN today, and was quite shocked.
Tonberry

The Tonberry Eggsperience

1819401 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I hadn't heard of the guy until you mentioned him, Kiks, and I just spent about two straight hours listening to the guy. Brilliant brilliant comedian. It's a shame that I discovered him after his death.
Calvin

Legions of Zontar-Killers

817540 Potch
25 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've always liked him and respected him for speaking his mind. How can you not like a guy who titled one of his standup acts "It's all Bullshit, and it's bad for ya." I was quite shocked to find out that he has passed--I know he was 71, but he just didn't seem that old, if that makes sense.

He definitely left a mark on the world, which is more than a lot of us do.

I changed the number on my phone so you can't call me up at home, and you can't say those
things to me, that make me fall down on my knees.

Agahnim

Endurvakning

932410 Potch
200 Soldiers
36 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That's rough. He was a Modern Man! It's a damn crime.

He was also in the Bill and Ted films, for those of you struggling to remember him. Also had parts in Dogma and Jay and Silent Bob, I think.

"The strong manly ones in life are those who understand the meaning of the word patience."
Sailor Sexy

Mikan weeps for Brady

246380 Potch
175 Soldiers
50 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yup, in Dogma he played the role of the Cardinal who came up with the Buddy Jesus statue, and in Jay and Silent Bob Strike back, he played the role of a hitchhiker. Now I wish I had gone to see his stand up when I had the chance. Another comedy legend is lost.

~Uguu!~
Kikito

Order of the Absolute

2953355 Potch
65 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I really had the hope of seeing him once before he passed away, but I suppose I'll never get that chance now. He's been my favorite comedian since I was in like 10th grade, and I don't see this fact changing anytime soon. I've also still to watch his last HBO special. I'll try to find it somehow this week.
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I was aware of him and had seen a couple of minutes of him, and he seemed funny. Rest in peace sir.
Rakuna

Silver Wind

29744 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I really enjoyed his books. He had a phenomenal mind. I'm really gonna miss the guy.
Sniper_Zegai

Gaien Magic Men

659144 Potch
850 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

A sad day for comedy indeed, one of my favourite comedians of all time and a true champion of common sense.

Faithers of the Defend

186551 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

George Carlin was one of my heroes, and his death came as a major shock to me. He was just in town (Las Vegas) performing his latest act a week before he died. I found out later that he was here, and I immediately regretted not being able to see him... I had no idea that it would have been my last chance. He's my favorite comedian, and I never got a chance to see him perform live. :cry: R.I.P. George...

It's hard to bargle naudle zauss with all these marbles in my mouth.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Community Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: