Suikoden Ugly and Irenic Karma Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Who Killed Edgar?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vextor

11331071 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Even Cecile remembers when that ship crashed into Budehuc.

And good job pointing out the chopped limb part. I forgot about that.
Zaj I mean Mike

I just sell weapons

500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Uhm? sorry to condesend you Sarsadmin but Edgar had the rune than it killed him and went to Brandeau. You can find this when talking to Kika before the last fight when you have litlle sences with everyone.

CLERKS
Scarlet Assassin

Disciples of Death

331436 Potch
0 Soldiers
2442517 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I always assumed that Edgar had the rune, I don't remember what was said in the memories of the rune, but something led me to believe that Edgar had it.

Chief of Beat-em-up Honeys Division, Devoted Protector of Lady Tifa Lockhart
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
PirateSigurd

Knights

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hmm..strange the rune even transfers to children, was Edgar even bad? kinda odd that most of the pirates in Suikoden were good, since not very many pirates were good.

"The Blood of the sea flows through my veins, I return to it now to be reborn" Troy
Jhones

The Vermillion Legion

7066 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

PirateSigurd wrote:
Hmm..strange the rune even transfers to children, was Edgar even bad? kinda odd that most of the pirates in Suikoden were good, since not very many pirates were good.

The run jumps to anyone nearby. If there's a kid, it'll attach to the kid. It's not selective, aside from it's bearers being humans.

I'm going to get myself banned if I keep acting like a jerk...
PirateSigurd

Knights

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Thought in the trailers of S4, Leknaat says the rune selects its own host, but yeah you're correct, but why didnt it tranfere to Hero4 at first? since he was there, Glenn just jumps aboard and he gets the rune, the must have shield the Hero43 for a reason, maybe it was because Glenn killed Brandeau, I guess..

"The Blood of the sea flows through my veins, I return to it now to be reborn" Troy
sybillious

Ebony Moon Knights

981865 Potch
59 Soldiers
60 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i thought that elenor silverberg said something along the lines of 'he wasn't even there for his son when the boy died.' as well as saying something about cray allowing his son to die to gain some advantage *been awhile since i've seen that part, so it's not real clear.*

i just remember her mentioning this prior to attacking eal al and then her chat with him before the fort collapses.

gotta gotta get a...SPICE WEASEL!

to paraphrase my fellow mod, parallax:
I hate my job with the passionately burning intensity of a thousand fiery suns.
Acheron

Stonewall Brigade

172597 Potch
200 Soldiers
1325 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

Thought in the trailers of S4, Leknaat says the rune selects its own host, but yeah you're correct, but why didnt it tranfere to Hero4 at first? since he was there, Glenn just jumps aboard and he gets the rune, the must have shield the Hero43 for a reason, maybe it was because Glenn killed Brandeau, I guess..

Hero4 was unconscious so he couldn't have the rune. It's in the book of unspoken bi-laws. You should look it up. Haha....

No but that's my assumption. He was on the verge of consciousness so the rune decided he wasn't the best host and jumped into Glen.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Urn

Azure Flames

7756 Potch
0 Soldiers
970973 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, Glenn was the closest to Brandeau when he died. So, I'm guessing that is why. I don't think it had anything to do with Hero 4 being unconscious. If that was the case, the Soul Eater would not have returned to Ted after the Fog Ship Guide was defeated, but that could also have some other issues to go along with it.

KOOLUK SUPPORTS TINTO MINERS
Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Maybe the soul eater is less choosy than the rune of punishment?? No, this isn't a joke... Maybe the rune of punishment only selects people the it feels it can drain the life of, while the soul eater follows the will of its master, like how the rune was transferred to Ted by his grandfather, and then to Tir by Ted... Makes sense right?
runemaster

The Arrows Of New Armes

11500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think the rune should have chosen Hero4 instead of Glen but i dont really know why it chose Glen i guess it was because he was close to it and maybe because he was stronger than hero4,at the time anyway.I like the idea of Rakgi's dad being the pirate who killed Edger it makes things make more sense.

runemaster

The Arrows Of New Armes

11500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think the rune should have chosen Hero4 instead of Glen but i dont really know why it chose Glen i guess it was because he was close to it and maybe because he was stronger than hero4,at the time anyway.I like the idea of Rakgi's dad being the pirate who killed Edger it makes things make more sense.

Eternal Wind

Silver Wind

500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm thinking it goes something along these lines.

Queen of obel==>??? pirate==>???==>Graham Cray==> Cray's Son==>???==>Rakgis dad==>Brandeau==>Glen==>Hero4

Suikoden Tactics may explain more, since it appears to have Edgar in action in the pre-S4 part. I think the hero surviving his uses has at least something to do with his mom being in the Rune. His first use, knocking down the Boss Crab's defenses wouldn't take much energy, but leveling even part of that Kooluk fleet should have killed him, if Glen is any comparison.
runemaster

The Arrows Of New Armes

11500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

Queen of obel==>??? pirate==>???==>Graham Cray==> Cray's Son==>???==>Rakgis dad==>Brandeau==>Glen==>Hero4

yes that should be about it it makes enough sense,and yes suikoden tactics should explain more.

erhanz

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

hmmmm...i think brandeau is Rakgi's Dad....and the one who kill edgar is Cray Father...??
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Character Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: