Suikoden United and Infamous Karma Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

The King Of Fighters XII

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Starslasher

Chunks of Chaco-late.

1177790 Potch
300 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 6:39 am    Post subject: The King Of Fighters XII Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Here is a somewhat poor preview of the title game

I'm guessing that there won't be that many people interested in this. But i would love to hear people's comments on this.

While it's supposed to be the conclusion to the Ash arc of the game, what's interesting about this is that it is supposedly mixing 2D with 3D animation. To many, that might translate to cel-shading. But as a matter of fact, these characters are hand drawn, making them look a whole lot better. The YouTube video i gave doesn't do this feature justice, but it definitely looks great. Unfortunately it won't come out until late 2008 or so.

Bork! Bork! Bork!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Futch

JUST ME AND THE OTHER BIG DUDES

125356 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

As long as it isn't XI with prettier graphics I'm going nutso. The series needs more than a graphical overhaul.

But I will not deny that the POWAAAH GAYSAAAAH that I saw in there didn't get me excited. Makes me worried about the timeline, because if Terry isn't using his Mark Of The Wolves outfit it might mean something... bad.

Of course that could just be one of his costumes so my point is irrelevant at this moment.
Starslasher

Chunks of Chaco-late.

1177790 Potch
300 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well i would be more worried if there was no Terry in this installment, or any future installment of KOF. I wouldn't read too much into the costume though. I'm hoping that Shingo will appear in this one.

Bork! Bork! Bork!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Futch

125356 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Dude, if they go from making him a member of Kyo's team to outright take him out of the franchise... then they are hypocrites.

In my opinion they should do something like putting ALL THE CHARACTERS from the series so far. From 94 to XI, even the 3d games ones.

That would be totally awesome =)
Starslasher

Chunks of Chaco-late.

1177790 Potch
300 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Actually, i would love to see a 3D Soiree Bros. I think that that would be pretty cool. And yeah, that would be a cool idea overall.

I'm guessing that they would be keeping the Tag Team + Quickshift game system from XI. I wonder what else special feature they would put in this one? I'm assuming that they would since they have for the N.E.S.T.S arc. I am hoping to see some special Duel DMs (e.g. a Special attack that Mai and Andy would pull, costing one stock of Power). I think that that would totally kick ass.

Bork! Bork! Bork!
Futch

125356 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, like a mixture of Marvel Vs Capcom's beastly team attacks with the combo system of KOF would be nice.

And back to Terry, I really, really hope they somehow pick up his story after the whole Mark of the Wolves issue. You know what that treacherous Rock did with that bastard, Kain.

I want the Ash saga to finish too, but they can work out the story of the rest of the cast as well, if they are giving us a graphics overhaul they might as well think over the way stories are told in the KOF series, right?

Perhaps I expect too much.
Starslasher

Chunks of Chaco-late.

1177790 Potch
300 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah i was hoping if there would be something like a sequel to Garou: Mark of The Wolves coming out, or if the next KOF would pick up on that.

As for the story, i would understand if they didn't work out too much on the plot. After all all video games aren't that well known for the plots, now are they?

I wonder about this Taito type x...Has anyone tried these out? they're like a realtively recent model for arcade games.

Bork! Bork! Bork!
KFCrispy

51948 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i bought KOF XII for the sake of having it but still haven't taken it out of the box. i'm far more excited about KOF 98 Ultimate Match, where you don't need to murder your fingers do to a decent combo, and 98 is still the most balanced fighting game i've ever played.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: