Suikoden United and Infamous Keystone Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Genso Suikoden PSX vs. Saturn
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Raww Le Klueze

56792 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 1:17 pm    Post subject: Genso Suikoden PSX vs. Saturn Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Here it is, what everyone has been waiting for. A list of the differences between the Saturn and PSX versions of Suikoden, with pictures courtesy of the emulators.

Left pic = Playstation
Right pic = Saturn
Text below = Comments

Topic will be updated sporadically as I go along and pending I don't lose interest.

And one day we will have to have a talk about the manual cause it has some hilarious engrish in it.

"Marshal 108 kinded spirits. Overthrow the currupted empire" indeed. Actually, that sums up the English game pretty well now that I think about it...

Uh... well it is a change.

Amazing change number 2, we randomly decided that brown treasure chests were a big no-no. I'm sure glad they spent time on that rather than doing something about the Saturn versions constant loading times.

Luc's teleportation sequence is different too.
Yeah... Wind Rune, Lightning teleportation. That makes sense...

Marco's game has changed rather drastically. Rather than guessing where the coin went you are now supposed to (I think) guess which sides all three coins will turn up.

And there's no flashy animation for it.

Last edited by Raww Le Klueze on Thu Apr 10, 2008 10:49 am; edited 1 time in total
KFCrispy

51948 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

cool stuff raww! are you still playing the Saturn version?

if so, please tell us about the exclusives like the battle arena :)
Admiral Ackbar

Seekers of Hawke's Hot Stuff

1008758 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, and isn't there supposed to be a Darkness Rune or something as a prize for the arena? And are there new monsters for it?

Also, screens (and dialogue) from Gremio's extended resurrection scene would be much appreciated!

*hugs for life*

^Actual quote!
Goldy

Kooluk Companions

543627 Potch
467 Soldiers
4141829 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Raww Le Klueze, nice work! Looking forward to updates. Keep them coming!
Splendid Monkey

Monkey`s Mad Marauders

96384 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Interesting! Is it just me otr does the Saturn version look slightly sharper? Anyway, more frequent loading times is definately an turn-off. Keep us updated!
Raww Le Klueze

56792 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Maybe I'll get some time in this weekend, but the emulator isn't really handling the game all too well so it's bit of a chore to play through, overworld works fine enough but the battles lag something incredible. I'm not holding any high hopes for duels or wars.

And someone else is definatly gonna have to do the comparison shots if you want them in the future cause it's just not that fun to play through the game in segments twice in a row.

I did notice by accident though that the Saturn disc works as a regular CD as well, with 3 songs I think are the battle theme, boss theme and overworld music.
KFCrispy

51948 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

well i doubt ppl need shots of the PSX game really... we just want to see the Saturn version!
Raww Le Klueze

56792 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 5:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have my doubts on wheter there actually is a Darkness rune or Silver Armor in the game, it's not mentioned in the manual and they have pretty much all in it I think.

Some things that are changed but I missed taking a screenshot of:

When Teo says goodbye to Tir at the house it's no longer B/W.

Mosaic in Leknaats Tower is slightly changed.

The spell Ted uses against the Queen Ant is different from how I remember it in the PS version. Actually I took a screenshot of it but it wasn't exactly at the best time >_<

When the Soul Eater transfer it no longer does the spinning red star thingie, it's just a beam of light.

Did you always turn blue from Ledons tea? Can't remember.

Tai Ho no longer plays Chinchichorin, instead you only roll once and you have to guess what the total of all 3 dice will be.

Once you get to Toran Castle treasure chests are allowed to be brown again...

Last edited by Raww Le Klueze on Sat Apr 12, 2008 10:51 am; edited 3 times in total
El Regrs

15501 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Raww Le Klueze wrote:
Did you always turn blue from Ledons tea? Can't remember.

Hahahahaha. No, you never did. I've always wondered if Robber's Tea was more than just a tranquilizer. Now I know it turns your party into Smurfs :P

Raww Le Klueze wrote:
Tai Ho no longer plays Chinchichorin, instead you only roll once and you have to guess what the total of all 3 dice will be.

Whaaaat? That's...lamer than Gunter's first version of the game in S4.
Raww Le Klueze

56792 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Two minor things today. For the record, I'm currently at the early part of liberating Milichs domain so should be able to get Eikei soon so I can check out that arena.

I think the Soul Eater is a lot redder than in PSX, it sure is compared to the art.

The cursor spins in red, blue and green making it easier to see I guess?
poorguy171

91805 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Not only does the Souleater look extremely red, the shape looks odd too. But I don't remember how it originally looked, and I don't have the game available right now. Maybe you could post just a screen of the souleater from the original game?

Monkey`s Mad Marauders

96384 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That thing with the treasure chests switching colours sounds like a bug. Couldn't it just be your emulator? I don't really remember the colour of the souleater on PS but the shape looks the same to me.
Raww Le Klueze

56792 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

No. Treasure chests are blue in the Saturn version, this has been confirmed for a long time.
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The changes are so pointless! :*laugh*:
Sniper_Zegai

Gaien Magic Men

659144 Potch
850 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Is it me or do the character portraits look alot better on the Saturn version? they seem smoother somehow.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: