Suikoden Uncanny and Informational Kibbutz Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Happy Chinese(/Lunar) New Year!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ikano

Prince Geass Falenas

2327939 Potch
1337 Soldiers
3028000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 9:12 am    Post subject: Happy Chinese(/Lunar) New Year! Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Happy Chinese(/Lunar) New Year to all suikox-ers!
Today (February 7th, 2008) marks the official start of the year of the [Earth] Rat

So yeah, give a round of applause to those born in the year of the rat~ =P
and uh.... *gives everyone chinese new years candy*

----
fyi: For those unfamilar the chinese zodiac involves a cycle of the 12 chinese zodiac animals. An animal is designated a year according to the lunar calendar and it changes every year....
In order the animals are: Rat, Ox, Tiger, Rabbit, Dragon, Snake, Horse, Goat, Monkey, Chicken, Dog, Pig

along with the 12 animals however there is also another cycle of the 5 elements. Unike the animals the element changes every 2 years.
The elements are: Earth, Metal(/Gold), Water, Wood, and Fire

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
proemthez

9412 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

hey happy chinese new year to you too. the rats fan tai shui this year

Last edited by proemthez on Fri Feb 08, 2008 4:54 am; edited 1 time in total
Splendid Monkey

Monkey`s Mad Marauders

96384 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Xinnianhao to you too! I hear that the weather in China is exceptionally bad at the moment and that many people got stuck and can`t travel in order to go see their families. I was actually supposed top return to China from Okinawa yesterday but stupidly missed my flight. :x Maybe it`s for the better this way since I`m missing out on the holiday chaos this way.
Demon Eyes Kyo

Crimson Crusaders

260069 Potch
250 Soldiers
25 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Gung hay fat choy! :-)

Return that soul to God.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Ikano

Prince Geass Falenas

2327939 Potch
1337 Soldiers
3028000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I heard some places say this year is actually the year of the [Gold] Rat....yet some places still say it's the year of the [Earth] Rat
................aiya......someone messed up the counting somewhere....>.<

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Community Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: