Suikoden United and Informational Kriegspiel Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Email Notifications
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 3:18 pm    Post subject: Email Notifications Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Odd enough today, or maybe just this evening - I've not been getting email notifications of new replies to topics that I was watching.

I've checked the topics and I'm definately watching them. I also stopped watching and started watching again, and when a reply came, I didn't get an email.

I tested it and I've sent emails to myself which arrive okay.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Could they have ended up in your bulk folder?
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Nah, I checked that. I only noticed this by re-visiting the forum.

I've also definately got the box ticked yes for email notifications.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've deleted my history, my cookies and my internet files. Logged out of Suikox and restarted the computer. I'm now logged back in so let's hope that works.

Edit: Did it work? Not at all.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Vextor

11331071 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The only possibility I can think of is that you may have changed your e-mail address.
This would expecially be the case if you start getting debug errors, because this board will get errors if the e-mail address no longer exists.

Other than that, I have no idea. I'm not familiar with the workings of the notification mechanism. If it gives more trouble, I'd even be inclined to remove it entirely.
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

FF6Sage asked me that as he got a debug error when replying to one of my messages - but I checked it about 5 times and it's exactly the same - though I might try changing it to another email address.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Vextor

11331071 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If he got a debug error, then that is because mail from suikox.com was somehow rejected by your host (hotmail). It may be possible that hotmail is rejecting stuff from suikox.com (thinking that it is spam).
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Couldn't it have had to do with somebody elses email? It's not going into my junkmail folder like the rest of my junk, and there must be others with hotmail here that are still getting notifications.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Vextor

11331071 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yes, there are about 30 other hotmail users with the notification turned on. However, most of those people are inactive, and they may not have realized (or have been bothered) by the lack of notification.

It would help if the error messages listed anything more specific, such as which file turned out an error, and at what line. It should be an error with the emailer.php at line 234 if my assumption is correct.
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well chaning my email didn't work, and we both know what happened when I tried that!

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Njord

Island Nationeers

218645 Potch
1478 Soldiers
300 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't know if this is related, but I stopped getting notifications for PMs from yesterday.

I came today again and there was a PM but no notify email was sent to me, I PMed myself few minutes ago and I still didn't get any.

I searched my mail and nothing is there, it was working well on Friday, but stopped yesterday.

In the profile, it is clicked yes on "Notify on new Private Message".

Azure Flames

7756 Potch
0 Soldiers
970973 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The issue made be in the routing of email through server delay. I suggest this because I got a PM, but my email notification did not arrive until this afternoon which was two days later. Maybe there is just a delay in the routing of the email messages?

KOOLUK SUPPORTS TINTO MINERS
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm going to have to go with Revolving Sphere again on this one. I woke up this morning with 140 notifications backlog.

Seems as though the problem is solved...I hope...

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Njord

Island Nationeers

218645 Potch
1478 Soldiers
300 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yes, it seems that way.

I got PM notifications a minute ago.

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Is everyone having the problems using Hotmail? Or might it be the site itself that is having problems. Also, is anyone getting notifications on time, or posts or PMs? My PM notification goes to an address I don't check that often, so I haven't noticed if I got them on time or not; and I don't have new post notification turned on.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Site Technical issues Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: