Suikoden Uncanny and Irenic Kriegspiel Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Heath Ledger dead?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Milan Fiori

Vanguard Elite

715991 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Looks like he over dosed on over the counter sleep medicine. So it was probably a suicide. He's had some problems with depression in the past so it's not that surprising. I liked him over all as an actor, he's never really let me down too much.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Equus

Sindarin Speed Bumps of Rage

197132 Potch
0 Soldiers
2993 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

One of my coworkers emailed a bit about this earlier today. Definitely a sad thing, especially when someone so young dies. That he was a talent just adds to it.
glen

Drunking soldiers are us!!

6390 Potch
428 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

They saying on the news that had killed him self. I was shock to that i enjoy his movies alot.
Darko

Spell to Bind Forever

235341 Potch
0 Soldiers
5809 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I just saw this on the news. My condolences go out to his family, especially his young daughter who will grow up without her father. I really like him as an actor and this is really sad news. He and his wife (Michelle Williams who co-starred as his wife in Brokeback Mountain) divorced not too long ago and that might have led him into depression. A great loss indeed.

RIP Gabriel J. Figueroa 1987-2007
Timbo

The Wandering Prophets

410837 Potch
300 Soldiers
835 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Shrew wrote:

But damn is this a shock. The man was great in Brokeback Mountain, and I was looking forward to everything else he would do. I think he would have developed into one of the greatest actors of this generation (arguably he already was). Damn.

I totally agree. I really thought Heath Ledger would be one of the next greats of Hollywood history. He's really diverse in his casting and does well in most anything he does. I mean, his last roles were a symbolic portrayal of Bob Dylan's personality, The Joker and a gay cowboy. Who else in Hollywood has that range of acting?

This is a shame.
Acheron

Stonewall Brigade

172597 Potch
200 Soldiers
1325 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I heard that he was in Mary Kate Olsens penthouse in New York. Is this founded at all or just heresay? I know she's had troubles with drugs before.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Schala-Kid

Sol Incorruptible

68845 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

oh man, i never liked batman films, but i know heath was getting great reviews for it! i wanted to see it, and now he's found dead. i hope people don't mistake me as a bandwagon jumper. when i first heard it i was sorry for his daughter. death is never really a nice thing, especially if it's young.

personally, not affected. but if i think about it, of course i know it's tragic, but he's not the only person who'll die today.

no, not her penthouse, TMZ got it wrong.
eXistence of Fly

Pointy Sticks & Ponies!

1156566 Potch
7700 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah it's on news services over here as well although I only saw 2 news services say it was an overdose and one saying something about pneumonia which promptly made me wonder if they should get fired on the spot or everyone else should.

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

this sucks, he was a good actor. gotta says his best movie was a knights tale.

i read that he was found naked in his apartment when he didn't answer the door since he was suppose to get a massage. they don't know if it's suicide or not.

http://www.smh.com.au/news/film/ledger-did-not-kill-himself-says-family /2008/01/23/1201024937592.html

Devoted protector of Ferid and Arshtat
Kai Ver' Xion

The Ebon Elite

356999 Potch
125 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Damn am I sad to here this. I was a huge fan. Heath Ledger was one of my favorite actors. I loved him in the Patriot and a Knights Tale. I won't even lie...the reason I never saw Brokeback Mountain was because I had such a love for Ledger and Jake Gyllenhaal that I feel watching that movie would mess with my perception of each of them. God I'm sad....I was so excited to see Ledger as the Joker in the new Batman movies. The world has truly lost one of its better potential actors. Damnit.....
kuwaizair

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Bub wrote:
You know, not to make any light on this situation at all, but I clicked on his wiki page to see if it was updated already, and BAM there was a giant wang staring right back at me. Someone must have uploaded an image and put it on there. It's gone now, but I almost pee'd my pants laughing.

Sometimes laughter is the best medicine, I guess. :)

gotta love trolls huh?
I don't know if it was truly true or not, but the Westburo Baptist church guys are allegedy going to picket at his funeral. You know because of Brokeback Moutain

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Schala-Kid

Sol Incorruptible

68845 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Westburo don't deserve any attetion at all. the media is giving them exactly what they want. and they can't picket his funeral, as his family plans to bury him in Perth, Australia.

The australian govt won't grant them visa if they plan to disrupt a funeral as they're only reason for coming to Australia..
Elzamine

Verse of Vitality

1798792 Potch
500 Soldiers
1 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've been upset about this since I heard about it. He's been one of my favorite actors for a long time now, I've watched pretty much all of his films.. Seriously, I remember when he was the lead in this horrible tv series called Roar, haha. He's never really typecast, due to his ability to act so many different roles.

It's really sad things had to go this way, he was building himself an amazing career. I've never really been affected by a star death before, but this one has me pretty upset. Perhaps it's his age, but I certainly appreciated his work.

I don't really know what else to say, I'm just sad about it. Best wishes to his family and close ones in this tragedy.

-My DeviantArt-
skymansxeno

30626 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I couldn't believe hearing about it. He was good actor that just started his career that would grown even more.

I really looking forward to his role as one of my favorite villains this year.

R.I.P Heath Leger. :(
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Community Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: