Suikoden Unique and Illegal Kriegspiel Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

A New Nation System
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If you people are serious about this then I'll assist in the financing. Well, some of it which I did at the previous site I was active in.

9643133 Potch
16500 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Something is being worked on at Suikox right now. As Vex mentioned in the happy christmas or merry new year post thing a new version of the game that was not so dependant on him was being developed. Development is still on-going.

That said, this shouldn't stop you from persuing your own desire to run a game.

___ "That's not much"

"It's enough"
Yvl

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If a single project can be figured out. let me know. I have no experience in coding, but I'd love to have another game I actually give a damn about.

THough fuji's reminded pleases me as well.

Last edited by Yvl on Mon Jan 21, 2008 1:24 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Shad

Midnight

4252503 Potch
200 Soldiers
38 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'll throw in my two cents in the morning, but just for the record if the forums are reset entirely I'm out of here.

Edit: Let me elaborate slightly. I don't mean if unit stats and the map and all were reset. I expect all that. I mean I'd leave if all of the posts here were erased and/or if registration dates/post counts/word counts were reset to zero. I know that sort of stuff is easy to port over to a different bb system, and I know from experience running my own forum that when you do reset those sort of key participation bragging rights and nostalgia topics lots of people get mad at you. >_>
Gil-galad

Flame of the West

2849957 Potch
200 Soldiers
46 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I doubt the old forum will be wiped. I can see a totally new phpbb3 board getting created-- since this forum can't be upgraded anyways.

edit: Thanks for the elaboration. =P

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
blueflame

Blue Rookies

294148 Potch
4022 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, i'm joining this new war game. It sounds interesting someone pm me if its starting already.

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Honestly, the idea of the Suikoden aspect being removed is not a good one. It was a unique little flair that made this war system so appealing to members. It'd be hard to get used to something that's been pulled out of thin air.

I played the game for over two years, and have been heavily involved in it for all four. I don't have much interest in taking any sort of role in a new game. SuikoX's, in whatever form, is the most I'll help out with. As such, I'll wait for development on this new system to finish.
NecroPhobia

Thunder from Heaven's Eyes

435826 Potch
0 Soldiers
17011 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'd be more than happy to lend a hand to any project that requires another coder, be it the reincarnation of the SuikoX war game or a new project on another site. Anyone who wants my help, just let me know.

Teni Star of the Scarlet Moon Empire
A free man!
Shad

Midnight

4252503 Potch
200 Soldiers
38 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Alright, having read this a bit more thoroughly, it looks like the general idea is to create a new website not related to Suikoden and implement a new war game more in keeping with Iscalio's. That's a pretty enormous leap from what we have now no matter how you cut it. My biggest concern is the removal of the Suikoden element. I think the game should definitely be based in the Suikoden world, on a Suikoden map, with Suikoden towns and terrain and the whole nine yards. It's the essence of what we are here. The Suikoden theme helps on two fronts - it brings new members and it makes them feel from the start like they have some semblance of an idea what's going on. When Suikoden 6 is finally announced we, being one of only two major Suikoden forums out there, will have a huge influx of new members. If we don't make room for that things will stagnate. Most of our newer members were introduced to this place by old ones, but let's face it, if we had other friends we thought would be interested in this we'd have invited them already. Even if we can invite more people, without that common interest and background knowledge the Suikoden series provides far fewer will take an interest in it. Suikox has been really hurting for new people, and I think the hope that there'll be a Suikoden 6 is our best bet to recover from that.

That having been said, if the Suikoden theme is retained we really need to plot out the new game from an interactive standpoint before a few key people go in and redesign it all themselves. By that I mean the forums and nations themselves. For basic mechanics and structure, well I don't know how automated Iscalio's faction game is, but if it can be implemented in a way that requires very little upkeep then I fully support it. From a war game perspective the key to success is making a system that requires very little maintenance on the part of any one individual. Beyond that, what Iscalio created in Tinto is a great model for how to pattern that portion of the new site. Provided it takes place in the Suikoden world (his currently doesn't) I think it could work out great.

My other concern then is the community aspect of things. I get the unpleasant feeling that the grand bulk of it will be decided on by a few key people with little input from the masses. The post-Suikox community should be designed by the current one as a whole. We should all be given a chance to list off the ideas we have and tear apart the ones we don't like, and someone should go in and compare what everyone has to say to make something that will satisfy the most people without creating too much work on the programming and upkeep end of things. We should take our time doing it, focus on a suggestion thread, maybe have a brainstorming session or two in chat open to everyone. There's no need to be hasty. I'd rather spend a month or two planning things out in a way that will satisfy the masses and keep the community intact than jump head first in to something brand new. Saying people will inevitably leave no matter what happens, well that's just pessimistic. I think if everyone's opinions are considered seriously we can work something out that not only keeps them around but makes the new forum more enjoyable for the lot of us than even the current one.
Decado

Desert Elite

357208 Potch
0 Soldiers
4283 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Having a several hundred people scrum of a brainstorming session in a community forum would result in chaos, it might be more manageable for each nation board to have such a topic and for the cream of ideas from these topics to be passed on by that mods of that nation. People might also be more willing to put forward ideas in a nation rather than in public.

Midnight

4252503 Potch
200 Soldiers
38 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Aye, that would be much more practical. I know Tinto's been kicking around a few ideas in private.
Thief

Truth

213998 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Leb wrote:
Honestly, the idea of the Suikoden aspect being removed is not a good one. It was a unique little flair that made this war system so appealing to members. It'd be hard to get used to something that's been pulled out of thin air.

I second this. The Suikoden setting was one of the main reason that made the war system unique, and secure its niche in the relatively small fanbase.

Removing that might be tough, but not impossible. The new independent game might even begin its own generation of players.
Goldy

Kooluk Companions

543627 Potch
467 Soldiers
4141829 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Leb wrote:
I'll wait for development on this new system to finish.

Yep, same here.

Although, i will gladly help out on any alternative if need be. :wink:
Masa

Fightin' Nac Mac Feegle

418570 Potch
0 Soldiers
10000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I gotta be straight with you.

Without the Suikoden angle, I can't see myself getting in another war system.

Unless it was a METROID angle, then hell yeah.

Radical Dreamers

167582 Potch
43 Soldiers
1337 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Maybe it's from being part of a nation that hasn't had a whole lot of facts about it revealed but I really couldn't care less if there's a Suikoden element or not.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Community Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: