Suikoden United and Irenic Kibbutz Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Heath Ledger dead?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bub

Sons of Thunder

59807 Potch
0 Soldiers
1894561 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 5:56 pm    Post subject: Heath Ledger dead? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Posted on CNN.com and other "legitimate" news sources. Ledger was found dead in his Manhattan apartment.

Crazy. Not much news on it at the moment, but this was pretty unexpected, I would say.

Firefly

Wednesday's Army

20952 Potch
328 Soldiers
225 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I thought it was a joke, because I read it on PerezHilton, but it seems it's on more reputable sites. Unexpected indeed :(

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Whoa, that would be some very big news if its confirmed as being true. Even the NY Times has reported it so I'm going to lean towards Ledger's death as being true. This will really make watching The Dark Knight real creepy once it comes out this summer.

Seekers of Hawke's Hot Stuff

1008758 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

Actor Heath Ledger was found dead today in a Broome Street apartment, apparently from a drug overdose, PageSix.com has learned exclusively. Heath was well known for his role in Brokeback Mountain, and he stars in the upcoming The Dark Knight Batman movie as the Joker. He split last year from his partner, Michelle Williams, with whom he has a daughter, Matilda.

Another movie star OD...

^Actual quote!
Scarlet Assassin

Disciples of Death

331436 Potch
0 Soldiers
2442517 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Did they finish filming Dark Knight yet? yahoo news said "he was to appear as the joker" Meaning that he now won't.

Chief of Beat-em-up Honeys Division, Devoted Protector of Lady Tifa Lockhart
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Parallax

Fighting 181st

1109279 Potch
250 Soldiers
3275 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah. It's slated to come out in less than six months, they've surely finished the actual filming by now. Still, this is sad news...

He's a victim - not a perp - and I'm choosing to let him go.
Bub

Sons of Thunder

59807 Potch
0 Soldiers
1894561 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

They were filming the movie all over the place in Chicago and wrapped up a month or two ago. I am pretty sure it is in post-production.

Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

All principal photography for The Dark Knight has ended. So, any shooting to be done to fix scenes will not include him or they'll just work around it.

The All-Star Rock n' Breakdance Electronic Band from Shenzhen

237023 Potch
110 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't know about the Dark Knight for sure, but I think it's at least mostly done as far as filming goes. What's left is probably mostly visual effects and other post-production work. At least probably too much has been done to scrap the project or get another actor.

But damn is this a shock. The man was great in Brokeback Mountain, and I was looking forward to everything else he would do. I think he would have developed into one of the greatest actors of this generation (arguably he already was). Damn.

Fear our Vagueness.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I agree with you on Ledger's potential. I know that his choices in projects has always been less on the blockbuster side of the business and more on what he wanted to do. The Dark Knight will really get the same vibe The Crow got when Brandon Lee passed away while the film was still being made.

Sons of Thunder

59807 Potch
0 Soldiers
1894561 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You know, not to make any light on this situation at all, but I clicked on his wiki page to see if it was updated already, and BAM there was a giant wang staring right back at me. Someone must have uploaded an image and put it on there. It's gone now, but I almost pee'd my pants laughing.

Sometimes laughter is the best medicine, I guess. :)

Shrew

The All-Star Rock n' Breakdance Electronic Band from Shenzhen

237023 Potch
110 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, in other superficial news, the Dark Knight may be okay, but this probably totally screws up Terry Gilliam's latest film. I think he just recently started filming with Ledger. No one seems to get screwed as much as Terry Gilliam.

Fear our Vagueness.
Thor McOdin

Stupid Sexy Flanders!

1757439 Potch
4444 Soldiers
4225 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Not something I saw coming and I am frankly a little saddened by it.

Not all ninja codes are brewed equally. Here at Shinobi, we use the choicest Bavarian hops that are ripened to perfection. One sip and we will have you saying...nothing.
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Thor McOdin wrote:
Not something I saw coming and I am frankly a little saddened by it.

Same, I wasn't exactly a fan, but I did enjoy his Knight movie.
BlackKnightYuber

320868 Potch
50 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Regardless of whether you cared for Heath Ledger or not, it is always sad when someone as young as that passes away. My God, he was a year younger than I am! This whole situation with The Dark Knight reminds me of watching The Crow years ago. Everyone knew that Brandon Lee had died tragically during its filming. Watching that movie was both fantastic for Lee's performance, yet sad, because you knew you would never see him again. Also quite eerily ironic that he was playing a man who had died, came back to avenge his love, and then returned to the grave. I can only hope that Ledger's turn as The Joker leaves me with the feeling that watching The Crow did. That feeling, that Ledger's final role will be one of his very best. My condolences to his friends, family, and fans. :(
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Community Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: