Suikoden Unique and Irrational Kriegspiel Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Jimba vs. Wyatt Lightfellow
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who do you think is superior?
Wyatt Lightfellow
63%
 63%  [ 14 ]
Jimba
36%
 36%  [ 8 ]
Don't like either of them
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 22

Acheron

Stonewall Brigade

172597 Potch
200 Soldiers
1325 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 11:15 pm    Post subject: Jimba vs. Wyatt Lightfellow Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

So my friend and I got into a talk recently about who was superior. Wyatt LIghtfellow or Jimba. We each raised good points but when it came right down to it there was no clear answer. So I put it to the community. Which alias of Wyatt Lightfellow(what we think is his true name) or Jimba(his name he took while in hiding)?

Me: Wyatt Lightfellow, hands down. Although Jimba has the better sword, Wyatt is just way cooler looking in design. He had the True Water Rune for use and he assisted the Flame Champion and Geddoe before they were famous. He fathered Chris, a great character, and also he may be the reason that Zexen is so rich with water rune aptitude and water ruens themselves. He was so important that he was given an elevated rank in the knights RANT ALERT:(pictures can be found on suikosource.com. They dont like linking to the site so ill let you guys find it if you want)

Note the blue garments. Usually when the color is different from the rest of the army it denotes a higher rank or something special. How do I know this was issued by the military? See the comic of Suikoden 3, released with permission of the good folks that produce Suikoden, and note that Chris is wearing an undergarment that is almost identical to the one her father wore which is worn under the military issue armor. The collars match up but Wyatt's was different.

Also, he was awesome. Did women flock to him when he became Jimba? Not like they did when he impregnated Chris' mom! In almost all ways is Wyatt Lightfellow a superior character to Jimba.

What do you all think?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Tonberry

The Tonberry Eggsperience

1819401 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I like Jimba better. His weapon was awesome. I don't really know much about his former self because not much is there to explain that. I like both though becasue he is one of my favorites. I liked his Jimba outfit better though.
Starslasher

Chunks of Chaco-late.

1177790 Potch
300 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

This is a hard choice. For a few reasons:

One) I don't know enough about Wyatt. I got some ideas that he was a bit rash and open. From dialogue and facial expressions.

Two) Both are the same person.

Three) Jimba was more cool, calm and collective as a personality.

Four) Wyatt's character design was cooler than Jimba's.

Five) I haven't played as Wyatt. Not that it's possible, unless Konami makes a Suikoden game involving the Three (Flame Champion, Geddoe and Wyatt).

But overall, i think i would pick Wyatt. They're not that different, but Wyatt looks cooler and still has the True Rune.

Bork! Bork! Bork!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Thief

Truth

213998 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I consider Jimba to be the more mature version of Wyatt. I don't know how great he was as a military man, but there are things that one can only learn from their own children.

However, the bottomline is, they are pretty much the same person. Only "Jimba" comes later and thus he contains all elements of "Wyatt Lightfellow" plus much more. True runes never make a character for me, or I wouldn't have like Thomas the Tenkai Star in the first place.

My vote: Jimba.
Acheron

Stonewall Brigade

172597 Potch
200 Soldiers
1325 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Okay so I noticed this the other day. There is an element of design that ties all three of the original Grassland True Rune bearers. Its subtle but there. So heres a little challenge:

What design element ties Wyatt Lightfellow, Geddoe, and the Flame Champion together?

So theres no prize but I was proud of myself to have noticed this. Just wondering if anyone else saw it.

EDIT: Alright so it was the 21st when I posted this, so in one week from the 21st(meaning the 28th) I'll post the answer if no ones found it yet. Its subtle and the answer may be anitclimactic but you'll just have to wait and see now won't you.

Last edited by Acheron on Fri Apr 22, 2005 4:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Starslasher

Chunks of Chaco-late.

1177790 Potch
300 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Dessign elements that ties Wyatt, Geddoe and the Flame Champion together?

hm...would it be the boots? I'm trying to remember...

Bork! Bork! Bork!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
lunar shadows

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I liked them both a lot (seeing their the same person, lol). But if I was asked to choose, I would say I liked Wyatt more. The main reason I say this is because I thought he was more of himself. As Jimba, he was more undercover.
Crono

Something Wicked

162570 Potch
200 Soldiers
40 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wyatt has the cooler character art imo, and he would have been in possession of the True Water Rune, so for me this was an easy decision.
We have an urge to kill
And our lust for blood has to be fulfilled
We'll fight 'till the end, and send our enemies straight to hell!"
Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't know, the fact that he was still badass without the Rune makes for a fairly convincing argument in the other direction. The Rune does not make the man, clearly.

I am curious though, what design element ties them together? I poured over those pictures last night and just did not see it.
Neclord

The Spectral Nightmares

163602 Potch
2 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Harukaze wrote:
I am curious though, what design element ties them together? I poured over those pictures last night and just did not see it.

The hair maybe? or the earring... *shrugs*

I picked Wyatt. I may be a Grasslander here on these forums but I don't care for the tribal look of the Karayans. I think both Jimba and Aila looked better dressed in more *sophisticated* looking garments.

You must not fear death, my lads; defy him, and you drive him into the enemy's ranks.
~ Napoleon Bonaparte
Cedric

Sol Ciel

472542 Potch
200 Soldiers
62 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I say Wyatt. But I'm talking about the Wyatt that participated in the First Fire Bringer War. Back then, I'm sure he fought with all of his heart because he didn't have much to lose. He was mainly a friend of the Flame Champion and he fought to achieve the Flame Champion's dream.

When you say "Jimba", I immediately think of a fighter for the Karaya Tribe. Furthermore, because of the time he was known as "Jimba", I also consider him the father of Chris Lightfellow. While having people to care about is never a weakness, I think he wouldn't hold back if he were still the Wyatt of old. (before meeting Anna Lightfellow) He would have to cover less tracks and be more of a person he would rather be.

As Jimba, he was mainly concerned with Lulu and Hugo's health. He also considered helping out Chris. As I said, those are noble traits, but if "superior" means fighting ability, as Acheron seems to have intended, then I vote for Wyatt just because he is least likely to hold back.

But Acheron also wondered about the design superiority. If we go by design, then I would go for Jimba's more flashy outfit. I wish I could change his sword to a Zexen blade, though.

Stonewall Brigade

172597 Potch
200 Soldiers
1325 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ced: I don't know about the sword, but I kind of like his current sword, but as far as your other comments go I would tend to agree. I infer much of what I know about Wyatt but I feel that he was a kind man that was a great role-model to younger knights. He knew how to handle himself and he could be viewed as someone who was honorable to everyone.

*As a general note, take into consideration all aspects of their persons. You may know little about Wyatt but you know what he became and some of why he became thusly. Consider your personal taste in design aspects. Consider strength in battle. All these things consider to who is, simply put, superior.

Harukaze: I don't know why but something made the True Rune not come to Jimba when it could have saved his life. Kind of left him to die. True Runes kind of do mean power in the Suikoden world. Consider(using that word lots lately) the number of supreme leaders/rulers that have true runes that we know of. Barbarossa, Windy, Hikusaak, Flame Champion, Joshua Levenheit(weak example but still an example), and Luca Blight all had True Runes and leadership over a mass of people because of it. O well, I will concede that he was kinda B-A as Jimba. I think he was moreso as Wyatt Lightfellow though, you can see it in his eyes, probably.

Common Design Element: Cue the dramatic drumroll. Its been a week so here it be's. I lined them up and almost immediatley saw it. All three of the True Rune bearers from Grasslands during the FIrst Fire Bringer War shared this characteristic. ...
They all had the striped armor. Wyatt's upperarms, Geddoe's chest(all over it in fact), and Flame Champion's tunic had slides of it going around the shoulder and near the bottom hem. They all have the picket-like point at the end and they all have a slight variance in hue as to the last one. Check it out for yourself, made me proud for finding it. :D . Sorry if that is a let down, for such a small thing, but there it is. I suppose their outifts correspond to their respective runes as well, but thats not what I was really looking for.

Finally: Wyatt is awesome.
unknown

Hidden Loyalty

10137 Potch
150 Soldiers
630 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

heh... all I know is that wyatt had the true rune fully.. so he was better.. but I liked jimba since he was a lot more free.
Captain Hero

Forsaken Elites

194469 Potch
361 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Jimba, since Wyatt was able to become a very different person and changed his identity, to save his family, which ended up in becoming one of the powerful Karayan characters in Suikoden III. :P Too bad he faced a depressing end.

El Leon

Arias

73841 Potch
40 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I will go with Wyatt. While yes, he was more mature as Jimba, while he was Wyatt he was one of the top Zexen Knights and one to take on open conflict for his people at all times.When he was Jimba he pretty much remained undercover and did prety much the same thing Geddoe was doing. Also, I like His Zexen armor more.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Character Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: