Suikoden Unique and Inspirational Karma Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Hockey: World Juniors
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Elzamine

Verse of Vitality

1798792 Potch
500 Soldiers
1 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 9:51 pm    Post subject: Hockey: World Juniors Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I thought there'd already be a thread for this, but it seems not! (unless I somehow missed it, correct me if I'm wrong!)

Is anyone else following this at all?

The semi finals are on Friday. The four remaining teams being Canada, USA, Sweden and Russia.

Did anyone watch the last of the quarter final games today? I watched a good part of the Canada vs Finland game. I didn't find Canada was playing all that well, honestly, but they won regardless. Can't complain about that.

I watched the Russia vs Czech game until Russia was up 3-0, then I had to make dinner.

Russia vs Sweden and then Canada vs USA on friday, hurrah! *hop*

-My DeviantArt-
glen

Drunking soldiers are us!!

6390 Potch
428 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yes i watch alittle bit of it. Fridays games should great games to watch to see who is in the finals for gold and silver medal.

GO CANADA GO!!
Lonelion

Lonelion's Naval Fleet.

4727 Potch
106 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm looking forward to watching this game in fact both games should be great games to watch,i'll have TSN on when i wake up on friday morning.

http://www.myspace.com/lonelion7769
http://www.duefiumi.com
http://z6.invisionfree.com/suikocross
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
fuji

9643133 Potch
16500 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Go Canada Go!!

Again, I feel we have a very strong team. I'm looking forward to Friday. It's always special and makes me warm and fuzzy inside when we beat the US.

___ "That's not much"

"It's enough"
ViktorFan

Shalimar

1825501 Potch
200 Soldiers
4195 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I can't watch it :-(. But for the semi finals I go with GO CANADA GO but also SHAIBU RUSSIA! I guess the final will be Russia - Canada so: SHAIBU RUSSIA!! Russia for the win!!! :D
Exile

Sword Brothers

6894145 Potch
200 Soldiers
91 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I actually want the USA to win this one, go James VanRiemsdyk!

Failing that, Canada's Claude Giroux can win.

Failing that...Mario Kempe can win for Sweden.

Under no condition may Russia win because they have no Flyers prospects at all.

Great Britain got relegated from Division II this year which is sad, back to playing Japan we go.

Cry woe, destruction, ruin, and decay -
The worst is death, and death will have his day.
glen

6390 Potch
428 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ihope it's Canada vs Russia in the finals again with Canada winning the gold.

But Canada has let in some weak goals so far during so games. Hope they can fix it before the finals start up.

U.S.A. have bein have real problems with playing up to par with so of the other teams any more. Guess they need to start over and pick better coaches and players or something so they can win more games to get back to making it to the finals some day.

GO CANADA GO GO CANADA GO
Exile

Sword Brothers

6894145 Potch
200 Soldiers
91 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

What are you talking about Glen? America went undefeated last I checked whereas every hockey forum I read is criticising Hartsburg for his team selection, limited use of one of Canada's best players, Tavares, and now his goaltender selection putting in Mason instead of Bernier when it counts. Oh that's right, Canada lost to Sweden as well, did I mention America didn't lose a game yet?

They aren't the team with the problems.

Still objectively looking at things Canada's roster is as usual amazingly talented, moreso than the U.S.As and I'd say especially at defence. It should be an interesting game all the same as Canada holds all the hype while America has outplayed their opponents to a greater degree for the most part in the tournament so far.

Cry woe, destruction, ruin, and decay -
The worst is death, and death will have his day.
Lonelion

Lonelion's Naval Fleet.

4727 Potch
106 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

These games will be interesting to see,anything can happen in these games i expect both semifinals to be very competitive games.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
glen

6390 Potch
428 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

But who has the USA team beat. No top teams that i heard about. Sure Canada blew the game vs Sweden which they were winning buts nothing new for them. But when the Americans face the big teams they do the same thing as canada and fall apart in the game as well. So we see who will fall apart first when they play each other friday. Then we will know for sure who has the better team between them.
fuji

9643133 Potch
16500 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The use of Tavares has me stumped too. Let the man loose!!! He'd totally destroy the entire tourney.... Sticking with Mason while nice for the kid's confidence and all, I do have to agree with the pundits. Now, especially now isn't the time to be worrying about confidence when you have a more than able goalie right behind him. It's not like in the normal NHL where you have a number 1 and then you have some scrub... In the end though, I don't think either of these two will be the cause for concern.

USA has, over the past decade been putting out better and better teams. They started really young like a decade or so ago and only in the past 3-5 years has it begun paying off. Their national development programs have become very good... we can see it starting in the NHL too and we should see more prominent americans playing at higher levels.

With that said, while the USA is undefeated in the tourney and Canada isn't, it's not as though Canada was outplayed the entire game and was beat in the sense that they couldnt' compete against Sweden. They fell asleep, too sure of themselves.... over confidence beat them.

It's fair to say there are issues with the Canadian team. There always is though. It's the nature of playing for Canada. Remember last year our entire team was questioned, we were underdogs to the US and we were told we were just not good enough to play with them...

I will say Russia is a pretty good team that USA played (and beat). I didn't see the game though, don't know if the score is indicative of how it went.

___ "That's not much"

"It's enough"
Delsaber

New Gaien Wildcards

132495 Potch
1660 Soldiers
2625 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oh how I wish these games were on at a more convenient time. What's that? I'm awake and posting at 5:30AM anyway, so I shouldn't be making excuses? I suppose you're right, but c'mon, hockey is really more of a 7PM sport.
fuji

9643133 Potch
16500 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Exile wrote:
Great Britain got relegated from Division II this year which is sad, back to playing Japan we go.

Dude, you should try out. I mean really... how much better can they be than you? And... word on the street is you're already on a training regiment with a little bit of cardio.

Go for it!!

Delsaber, I agree most times... however, since I now work the graveyard shift, I now see nothing wrong with hockey in the day time. I don't have to set an alarm to make sure I'm awake at 7 anymore :D

___ "That's not much"

"It's enough"
Elzamine

Verse of Vitality

1798792 Potch
500 Soldiers
1 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Exile you don't have to worry about Russia anymore, haha.

Sweden 2 over Russia 1.

I was hopig for Sweden to win, actually. I'd like to see a rematch of Canada vs Sweden myself, without the choke on Canada, of course. All depends on how the Canada vs USA game goes, though.

Sweden wasn't playing its best with the first section of this game, I was pretty unimpressed for awhile. Certainly not enough aggression. Obviously they stepped it up to come back and take things, but I was definitely worried.

-My DeviantArt-
Lonelion

Lonelion's Naval Fleet.

4727 Potch
106 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That was a really good game between Russia and Sweden the goaltending was solid keeping things scoreless for most of the game.

Who ever wins between Canada and USA will have to be aware of Sweden's ability to come from behind,Canada already got burned by it in the preliminary round after squandering a 2-0 lead and Russia seemed to lose it's steam after Sweden tied the game at 1-1.

Well both teams are hitting the ice now for warm ups it's game on.

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Sports All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: