Suikoden United and Infamous Kibbutz Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

So what did you get for Christmas?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gaara

Arrancars

5665 Potch
8300 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 9:55 am    Post subject: So what did you get for Christmas? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hey everybody, now that Christmas is over this year, I'm just wondering if everybody would like to share with everybody what they received. This was my first time ever celebrating Christmas so I really got into the whole Christmas spirit.

All my gifts were from my friends since my family doesn't celebrate Christmas and even if they did, they don't live in the country.

-One of my friends got me a Christmas dog toy that plays 10 different Christmas tunes. It's cute, but the tunes get annoying after a while.
-She also got me a gift certificate for Le Chateau (a clothing store in Canada).
-And lastly, she also made me a scrapbook of the two of us. This was my favorite present from her. Pretty sentimental gift.
-My other friend got me 2 frickin katanas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They're awesome!
-He also got me a "Jesus Said..." book, which contains hundreds of quotes by Jesus in hopes of converting me into Christianity, lol.
-He also made me a wristband which is black and blue, which looks like it had a lot of effort go into it and it looks pretty cool.
-Lastly I also got a "IOU Tuturing" card from him since he's smart at school and well I'm not so smart. :P

So what did you guys get? :)
ard

Einherjar

804051 Potch
178 Soldiers
2 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

We celebrate christmas somewhat modestly, with one gift per person. This year santa brought me a spiffy copy of Assassin's Creed for the PS3 this year. I'm content. :)

The people want pics of those katanas Gaara! :o
Zieg

15988 Potch
10 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

This year Santa Claus put forward quantity over quality

And so I got:

A really neat silver casio watch ( I'll have to readjust to wearing one)

and a piggy bank with "For the ladies, wine and whatever else you wanna" (a sloppy translation) written on it.

yay :D
Creepr

Bow Jester Squadron

8634 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Eve so sadly, I just got some shoes and a t-shirt XD.
I also got a whole of time of feeling lonely T>T
Sniper_Zegai

Gaien Magic Men

659144 Potch
850 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wow, I got loads this year.

My girlfreind bought me:

Nintendo Wii w/ Zelda Twilight Princess, Wii Zaper with Crossbow training, Mario Party 8 and Eledees. Assassin's Creed, BioShock, The Orange Box, Dead or Alive 4 (I know its old), Guitar Hero 2, G.R.A.W 2 as well as some chocolate and clothes.

Although I should confess, we've been having alot of luck financially and my girlfreind is a shopaholic. Yep definetly a better christmas than last year.

Mikan weeps for Brady

246380 Potch
175 Soldiers
50 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, I didn't get a whole lot of stuff for Christmas, but then again, I am 30, so exactly how much stuff can one expect to get? My parents sent me a knife set and $300, one of my uncles got me one of those pellet handguns that shoots the yellow plastic pellets, and a tin of the tri-flavor popcorn. Another of my aunt and uncle got me some clothes. That was basically it. I typically buy myself all the Christmas gifts I want anyways throughout the course of the year, so I don't expect people to be able to shop for me.

~Uguu!~
Yvl

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I got Guitar Hero 3 w/ controller for the PS3, Metallica's black album, Berserk vol 20 (which is epic as all fuck) and a preorder of Berserk 21 from my immediate family. My aunts and uncles and grandma usually just give me money, which they did ($100 total) but my uncle asked me what music I listened to. I told him I listen to metal, and he asked me if I knew Dio. He then flipped out at me for not having heard of him and gave me a burnt album of some of his songs.

Prince Geass Falenas

2327939 Potch
1337 Soldiers
3028000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Trip overseas. Literally.
Well putting that *kind of* joke aside....we don't quite do xmas like everyone else in that my parents (well mainly my dad) buys games for us early during before-xmas-sales you know and gives them to us like immediately after buying em and we consider those his xmas presents to us....and then xmas morning sometimes we get just cash from my mom....

This year couldn't since we were at the airport xmas day (quite interesting in itself)...but in the end it's all good cuz coming here I get to shop for nice merchandice for cheaper than they go for online [on average]
like I bought the Marugoto! Genso Suikoden book or Persona 3 Official Design Works book for about 18 US$ each etc etc 8-)

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Elc

Rebel of Babylon

1133304 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I got Dragon Ball GT.

I hadn't really seen GT before (save for a couple episodes of the Canadian dub years ago. the only thing I don't like about the FUNimation version is the "Step into the Grand Tour" opening.) so I let it be known that is what I would like. It also doesn't hurt that any time I can avoid spending $200+ on an animé is greatly appreciated. Of course, the cynic in me wouldn't be surprised if, now that I've got the DVDs, FUNimation will release the series in true bilingual form with the Japanese opening and closing credits and more worthwhile extras.

I've noticed some odd discrepancies in the credits during some episodes. Since these are uncut episodes, Mr. Satan retains his name and that is sometimes even reflected in the credits, while other times he is called "Hercule" and, in one odd instance, Bulma is credited twice.

"You make me smash the clock and feel, I'd rather die behind the wheel.
Time was never on my side, So on I wait my whole lifetime."
eXistence of Fly

Pointy Sticks & Ponies!

1156566 Potch
7700 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Burst Angel 4-6 from my parents and Battalion Wars from my sisters.

We're coming into some money from the sale of my nanas house which should be finalised in January sometime, both my parent's have said that they'll be giving money out of that as a "belated" gift, which originally I wasn't going to take however since my dads planning on pissing his portion away I figure I might actually benefit from it in some manner since I would be the only one saying no thanks.

Mikan weeps for Brady

246380 Potch
175 Soldiers
50 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

As the only anime series to date that I've ever quit on halfway through, I'm obligated to say Boo! to Burst Angel. Really, I couldn't stand that show. I can't explain much beyond it other than I just plain didn't like it and couldn't justify downloading more than the 13 eps that I did. Really, even the loli that is Amy couldn't save this for me, and I'm a guy who loves his lolicon. But, I guess who am I to say someone's present is crap? :P

~Uguu!~
Zaleria

1296207 Potch
13650 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Most of what I got were new clothes and some gave me cash. But my most prized gift for this Christmas is a brand new laptop! I'm so happy! :P

Tonby, while I'm not in Zexen wrote:

I just noticed that if you turn Zexen Activity Levels into an acronym, it makes ZAL. Oh the irony! =P
Tendou Souji

CLIMAX JUMP!

758170 Potch
2000 Soldiers
2225 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I got shorts that don't even fit, lol. :| So I bought myself Gundam Ecole Du Ciel Vol.5.
Flare

Flying Bolts of Doom

680830 Potch
3700 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I got a DS with Zelda: Phantom Hourglass, a digital camera, a board game, some gift cards, a magazine, The Office season 1, and some CDs.
Kikito

Order of the Absolute

2953355 Potch
65 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Heh, after last year gift of nothingness, since I stayed home to be with my dad instead of travelling to the big family reunion on the other side of the family, I got a decent haul this year. I got a bit of money(which I've spent for the most part), Outlaws of the Marsh, which I've been wanting to read for the longest time, and some clothes. Nothing fancy, but pleasant nonetheless.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Community Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: