Suikoden United and Illegal Karma Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Help a Christian considering converting to Islam
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Himuro

La Morte

844834 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Catholicism is apart of Christianity.
TruePerception

Blind Eye

478325 Potch
1000 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

But it is still along the same vein. That's all he meant there. The specifics are a bit different, but it's still based around the same god and edicts, just a variance on who serves him and how to do it correctly.

Daily Funny Award for May 1st, 2008
Bub

Sons of Thunder

59807 Potch
0 Soldiers
1894561 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Actually, you are a little off, TP. Christianity is the basic term for all those that believe that Jesus was the Son of God. Different sects, including Baptists, Catholics, Protestants, and so on are all Christian religions. Think of it as Christianity is the genus, where different Christian species are labeled under...if that makes sense.

Same goes for different sects of Judaism, Islam, etc.

TruePerception

Blind Eye

478325 Potch
1000 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I understand that. That's basically what I was saying.

Himuro

La Morte

844834 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm a bit confused about dating.

It seems many American Muslims consider DATING to be having sexual relationships. There is a difference. You CAN date and have sexual relations, but it's not required. It's hard to turn down, but obviously, nobody is forcing you.

Now the trouble with this is, let's say I do convert to Islam and I obviously want to date a Muslim girl. How is that possible if mosque's separate males and females? It's suggested to marry a Muslim girl, but how is that possible when you can't supposedly date and many Muslim functions have sexually segregated functions? This basically means that I will have to either: a. Bite the bullet and date a non-Muslim girl, b. Openly have sexual relations with Muslim girls, forgetting the values of the religion. c. ???

It's a conflict of interests. On one hand, you want to be faithful to your religion, but there's also the fact you grew up in America, which is pretty pro-sex compared to most American Muslims. Obviously, I'm not a virgin so going from being sexually active to constricted of it would be odd. But then again, Christianity prohibits pre-marital sex and look what's happened.

This is a pretty important issue. I'd like to know what some Muslims our age think about this issue. Hmmm.
kuwaizair

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I dunno, maybe there is a symbolic ceromony to be virgin again, I think some rape victems go through it so they can happly have a virgin wedding night or something.

as for your realtionships, I guess you do how they traditionaly do their dating and mate-gaining ways.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
shikator

Akamaru

492303 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

I dunno, maybe there is a symbolic ceromony to be virgin again, I think some rape victems go through it so they can happly have a virgin wedding night or something.

no they dont......... thats saying islam is a cult
Leb

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

What the fuck is going on?

Either Himuro needs to get a circumcision or you guys need to get back on track.
TruePerception

Blind Eye

478325 Potch
1000 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Umm....where do you get cult from symbolic ceremony?

Himuro

La Morte

844834 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Leb wrote:
What the fuck is going on?

Either Himuro needs to get a circumcision or you guys need to get back on track.

I am already circumcised.
Luceit

Defender of Highland

371188 Potch
2170 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

As far as how Muslim people around here feel on the issue of dating, I'd say that it's not a very big issue for them as long as they don't engage in sexual acts. That being said, attitudes around here vary widely: There are the Muslim boys and girls who date at an early age and then there are those who only do so when they're adults. I suppose this has more to do with their attitudes towards dating though, since most of them also adhere to Islamic teachings.
As far as regular Islamic teachings go, contact between males and females is usually strictly regulated. In highly Islamic countries, a girl can't even be with a male stranger unless there's a relative to watch over her. I guess you'll have to weigh it out, because it'll be rather weird to marry a Muslim girl without knowing anything about her beforehand.

The Flying Duckmen

885377 Potch
161 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Himuro wrote:
Now the trouble with this is, let's say I do convert to Islam and I obviously want to date a Muslim girl. How is that possible if mosque's separate males and females? It's suggested to marry a Muslim girl, but how is that possible when you can't supposedly date and many Muslim functions have sexually segregated functions? This basically means that I will have to either: a. Bite the bullet and date a non-Muslim girl, b. Openly have sexual relations with Muslim girls, forgetting the values of the religion. c. ???

I am afraid I do not comprehend what the trouble is. Where I come from, the only places that separate men and women are the mosques and the toilets. I assume that this is also the case in the States? If so, I fail to see how that would hinder the act of dating a Muslim girl. You can always meet them elsewhere, even immediately outside the mosque. Then again, I come from a country which statistically has the most Muslim in the world, so I most probably would not understand the extent of your difficulties.

Regarding pre-marital sexual relationship, it is about the same in every religion, is it not? Even in Indonesia, where the activity is highly frowned upon both religion-wise and culturally, many people do it in secrecy anyway. I would imagine it would be very hard not to have sex in a pro-sex community, especially when you have already done it before. However, if you are planning to forget the values of religion, I could not help but question why do you have the need to convert in the first place. Like Mr. Geddoe had kindly advised: if it is a bother, do not do it.

La Morte

844834 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Scrooge McDuck wrote:

I am afraid I do not comprehend what the trouble is. Where I come from, the only places that separate men and women are the mosques and the toilets. I assume that this is also the case in the States? If so, I fail to see how that would hinder the act of dating a Muslim girl. You can always meet them elsewhere, even immediately outside the mosque. Then again, I come from a country which statistically has the most Muslim in the world, so I most probably would not understand the extent of your difficulties.

The dating issue is a big problem in America apparently:

http://www.beliefnet.com/story/78/story_7834_1.html
shikator

Akamaru

492303 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

well it depends..............MOst converts would be okay with it....but if your looking to date arab or born muslims then you have to talk to their parents first.
zincbrain

Uttuku

441117 Potch
200 Soldiers
25 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

One thing is if you haven't made up your mind and want to change to another religon then it will cost you a hand and you will be excommunitcated from all Muslims.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Community Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7

Jump to: