Suikoden Uncanny and Infamous Kibbutz Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

When people die in Suikoden
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kobold

35491 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

But the thing is, even if it's just Riou not wanting to see the body, fine, that can be accepted. But people like Eilie, Rina, Bolgan, Flik, Viktor who have also developed a friendship with Nanami throughout the war. They were outside with Riou as well while waiting for news from Huan, and they too were upset about her death. So no one else bothers about her body at all after she is announced dead?

Huan can simply call Shu in right away and allow them to talk while the people outside just "Oh... She dead... Sad.. Lets go" And leave the place like that? Really... It's unrealistic...
unknown

Hidden Loyalty

10137 Potch
150 Soldiers
630 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

heh if you ask me they felt more angry for revenge to end the war rather to greve the death of a valued friend. At times of war sometimes you have to kill the feeling like loss to be strong enough to face the challenge ahead. I think instead of takeing the time to have a funeral they would rather put her with the rest of the toops that died in the war. I think it was strange however for riou not to go in with Shu after Hauns reqest to see her one last time but he dose faint. Thinking about it I'd prolly faint knowing somebody iloved died in front of me not being able to help her. so I think there is a good and bad point to the scene but it shows a little insight of true war....

~unknown~
Kobold

35491 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Basically, i'm just not happy about Konami's unrealisticism of making Shu walk in and have the conversation with Nanami right away on the spot. It's just not right...
Rheo

Here and There

0 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ok, imagine yourself in that situation. The doctor just came out and told you and you good friend that his sister just passed away. And then the doctor went back into the room, your good friend just stood outside the room dumbfounded. Would the first thing you do a. stay with your friend or b. rush in to see the body? I think most people would stay outside of the room.

Like I said, most people would not ask to see the body, they usually go see the body when they are offered the chance, or if the situation set up for them to view the body. Plus, if Riou doesnt go in to see the body first, if Riou said no when the others "Do you want to go in and see your sister?", I dont think the others would feel proper to ask "Then can I go in and see your sister's body?" The only other person you would ask in this situation would probably be the doctor, but Huan is inside of the room, its not really right to burst into the room. Besides, everybody is too shocked and saddened/angered at that time anyway. My interpretation of that scene is, everyone is standing outside of the room too busy getting confused and shocked, and then Huan whispered to Shu and asked him to come inside the room quietly.

Maybe after a few days, when the grief wears off a little, the other would want to see the body. But that already gave Shu a few days to plan some cover up, and they are probably too busy with the war to do anything at that time. They are having a war, so it might not be so strange that a funeral is rushed.

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Excellent reply, Rheo. That made sense a lot to me. Most people don't see the body until some time has passed unless they were there in the same room with the body in the first place.

~City-States of Jowston and Tinto Republic~
06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

Kobold

35491 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ok fine.. With Rheo's explanation, i'm forced to accept it.

Still, i feel that Konami could have put in more effort to make that part slightly more realistic by showing more than just Huan coming out to announce, and asking Shu in while Riou faints and scene over. Yeah...
Aurelien

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 4:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I agree, in fact I remember that I used to think that it was unrealistic to happen that way. But now I feel like it's possible for the situation to be realistic though not *that* realistic exactly like in real life. But that's why it's a game, it's not meant to be exactly like in real life, but only almost like in real life.

~City-States of Jowston and Tinto Republic~
06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

Phil the Great

St.Anger

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Excalibur1027 wrote:
I'm going to say that the muse citizen and Nanami's "death" were just negligiance on Konami's part. Plus, further proof that dead people don't just dissapear after death:

SPOILERS FOR S1 and S2!!!!!!
.I agree.Slažem se,Vous avez raison,
In S1, Odessa asks you to throw her body in the river so that the Liberation army doesn't loose faith. If she was just going to dissapear anyways then there would have been no need to. And it's said later in one of the Shinsyos that Culgan and Seed's bodys were found in the ruins of L'Renouille.

Its A Catapult

Arcarsenal

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

maybe it's a cultural thing. Hugo and Sgt. Joe clearly buries Lulu and they have a grave for not only him, but the other dead Karayans.

Genkaku's grave is in his backyard.

We've seen cemetaries in Suikoden 1.

Also we've seen Jimba and Glen both fade away after they lose their rune.

I think it just comes down to more Konami inconsistency and thinking noone would care or notice either way.
Ray Grievous

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think they'd have been satisfied to see her body at the funeral.

However, since she didn't actually die as such, there was none.

About the guy who died and disappeared... Well, think of it from a ComputerGame designer's point of view. It's much more economical to have unused mobs just vanish. It played the 'dying' animation, and his purpose was over, so to speak.

That's just my thoughts, though.

--Ray
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Miss Viki

Viki

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hmm...when people die in Suiko (especially Odessa+Luc)
I cry (especially for Odessa+Luc)
but not for the soldier he2x
maybe like the citizen of muse,Gremio,Jimba,Glen,Walter,Brendeu,etc...
Ray Grievous

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Just replayed Suikoden II.

When the Muse guy dies, he dies and is absorbed by the beast rune (or dies FROM being absorbed.)

--Ray
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Ron Gian

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Isn't it an irony to expect a FANTASY GAME to have somewhat REALISTIC DEATH??? It's a game guys! Just a game!
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ron Gian wrote:
Isn't it an irony to expect a FANTASY GAME to have somewhat REALISTIC DEATH??? It's a game guys! Just a game!

We're not discussing it as a fantasy game. We're discussing it within the confines of the in-game universe. It's not a difficult concept to understand.

It's called suspension of disbelief.
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Arcana

The Engineers

190546 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

John Layfield wrote:
Ron Gian wrote:

We're not discussing it as a fantasy game. We're discussing it within the confines of the in-game universe. It's not a difficult concept to understand.

It's called suspension of disbelief.

Still, very few games actually leave the bodies, so saying that Suikoden people don't bury their dead because the bodies disappear after you kill people is a little bit too literal.

If Konami did draw a body for everytihing that you killed, the countryside would be littered with dead squirrels and pirates. :)

I think the Nanami thing is really just a severe oversight on Konami's part. Konami's never really been known for being realistic in terms of emotional response and human feelings with respect to the Suikoden series.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: