Suikoden Uncouth and Informational Kibbutz Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Your Craziest Game Expenses
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Thor McOdin

Stupid Sexy Flanders!

1757439 Potch
4444 Soldiers
4225 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Speaking of which, jirrs, Nocturne is quite the collectible nowadays. I became interested in the game after I beat Persona 3. I began to search around, optimistic that I could find a good deal. However, the starting price on Amazon was $100! The lowest I have seen the price sip was $75, but that is out of my price range. I'll just continue to say I don't need to play it...even though I really want to.

Here are some uninformed purchases. I went to Gamestop back in May to buy some games from the bargain bin. If I remember correctly, they were all $9. You can be the judge, but I don't think I spent my money wisely:

Shadow the Hedgehog
Harvest Moon: It's a Wonderful Life
Castlevania: Curse of Darkness
Need for Speed Underground
The Sims (PS2)
GTA San Andreas

Three of them are fun, while the other three are pretty damn lame. Perhaps I can hope that they will become collector's items in the future? ...Right?

Not all ninja codes are brewed equally. Here at Shinobi, we use the choicest Bavarian hops that are ripened to perfection. One sip and we will have you saying...nothing.
Sailor Sexy

Mikan weeps for Brady

246380 Potch
175 Soldiers
50 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The most I ever paid for any one game was $130 for the original Valkyrie Profile game. But, it was sealed, because I hate buying games that have been opened, so that influenced the price greatly. Could have gotten it cheaper if I didn't mind the fact that other people would have touched the disc, but that bothers the hell out of me. Suikoden II, oddly, I got factory sealed for $55 off eBay back in 2002 or 2003, which was definitely a steal considering what it runs for normally.

As far as consoles, the biggest waste of money I ever spent was the $100 I spent on the Gamecube. The amount of money wasn't a big thing, but the fact that the only game I enjoyed for it was Skies of Arcadia: Legends, and I consider it a waste to buy a console for one game, even though SoA is pretty awesome.

Actually, come to think of it, I did buy the Halo 3 Legendary edition, because I like collectible stuffs. I had no intention of buying Halo 3 until I saw that it came with the collector's helmet. That sold it for me. So, I've paid $130 on two occasions for games I guess.

~Uguu!~
jjrrs

481481 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

Speaking of which, jirrs, Nocturne is quite the collectible nowadays. I became interested in the game after I beat Persona 3.

I know, I was going to get one early in the summer for around $30 but the store won't sell it to me because it got filed under the defective pile. Then the price of a used copy went up to $60 and it's still very hard to find, so I thought I'd be out on ever getting one as a backup. Though I came across 2 copies during the last few weeks when I have been buying games like crazy, so I bought both of them and didn't over spend either. By the way, I hope you plan to hold on to P3 because right now a complete copy is already selling for above the $50 price tag.

Quote:

I saw a Steel Battalion set with the whole controller setup for around $30

I went out and got it today, those foot petals' got a heck of a spring under them, it feels like a 10-15 pound weight resistance, the whole thing looks to be in good enough shape to play though I don't know how I could find out for sure. However I don't see a connector that connects the cord of the central control panel to the Xbox system, can anyone who owned the thing tell me if it's just a regular Xbox controller connecter I need or am I missing something that can't be replaced?
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

the cord which connects the whole controller set-up to the Xbox is the same as the Xbox controller. If you're just missing the part which break's away then you may be able to use a spare, but if you're missing the whole cord then you are out of luck.

481481 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah I see that the foot petal panel’s cord with a s-video looking head goes in to the central controller panel which looks and plugs in just fine from the looks of it, then a cord from the central controller panel comes out and has a breakaway head, but I don't have the other end. I was hoping all I need is the other side of the break way end from any wired Xbox controller, if so than I'd think it's a worthy purchase even though I can't use it anytime soon, you think there's any way to use it without needing the old xbox someday? and was there a power cord too? Thanks for your help by the way.
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't think the game is part of the lists of games that's been given backwards-compatability for the 360. I forgot if the controller needs a power cord. I haven't used it since Capcom cancelled the servers which ran the on-line mulitplayer. But if I can remember I don't think it needs one. The cords and connectors just have to be intact and working. If you run across any problem with the controller it will most likely be due to the SCSI-type connectors which connects the left and right hand panels to the center console.

481481 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oh darn, I almost hope I didn't just found out about it having online gameplay before, oh well, I guess it'll have to share that sad fact with my gamecube version of PSO... Buying the thing would certainly go under more of a ownership expense rather than money spent to play a game, it just seem like something cool to have, how did you get rid of yours?
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I still have mine in storage. It was taking up way too much room on the table I was using for gaming purposes. I know it still works since i tried it one more time before I put it in storage. Even if they make the game backwards-compatible with the 360 I probably will keep it in storage until they decide to create an Xbox Live patch for the game to be played on-line. I think people forget that Steel Battalion was one of the very first console games to actually have an on-line component once it's expansion game came out.

481481 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sweet, I think I officially wrapped up my holiday games buying that started around thanksgiving by getting the Ace Combat 6 360 flight stick to go along with the game I got a month ago but have yet to play, now I'll finally have a really good reason to.

Talk about some of the higher expense items, I never knew how much people are willing to pay for crazy gaming hardware/accessories. I thought it was expensive that people's still pay $100 for Steel Battalion when that sold for $200, a PS2 Ace Combat 5 flight stick still sells for that price while it only cost like $130, and apparently it maybe hard to find the 360 Ace Combat 6 pack already because some are paying more than MSRP for the set or $120+ just for the stick. I found mine for $35 and it would be easy money if I just sell it when I'm done, but I'm pretty sure I won't want to get rid of it. Most of this stuff are pretty recent and didn't even sell well in stores, I can only image how expensive older or rarer things like that go for.

I must have spent around $500-700 buying games like crazy the last month, but I really got some good stuff. Rock Band set, Ace Combat set, Steel Battalion set, Persona 3 sets x3, Ar tonelico set x2, SMT:DDS Vol.1&2 set, SMT: Nocturne x2, ICO x2, Cubivore x2, Culdcept x4, Ikaruga x2, Fire Emblem: PoR x10, so many new games I want to try out like Soul Nomad, Grimgrimoire, Futurama (I never liked the show but I do what to see why people want the game)... So far I spent very little time with Mass Effect while playing nothing but old Dragon Ball Z games I got for free, I just don't know which game I should commit to.
BlackKnightYuber

320868 Potch
50 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've considered spending over $100 for a copy of Suikoden II on ebay.  Haven't quite convinced myself to do it just yet, but the temptation lingers.  In fact, I'd say those who managed to snag the game at 70-some dollars actually got a pretty nice deal.  I consider myself very lucky to have purchased Suikoden I for just $40, also on ebay.
jjrrs

481481 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wow, I take it back, it seems the $169.99 (or was it only $150?) Ace Combat 6 360 pack easily goes for between $200-250 on ebay and the flight stick alone is $150+. I'm pretty sure I can find a few on my way to work tomorrow, seeing how many people tried so hard to make a buck on the Wii, it sure looks easier to invest in this, pretty sure I'm too lazy to do it though.
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

jirrs, if you can pull off getting this game expense without having to steal, kill, or any other illegal means if acquisition then you will certainly be the Man when it comes to crazy game expenses.

Virtual Racer X: Mach 4

481481 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm really the last guy to spend money on expensive stuff just for fun, that looks like a crazy set of gaming gears that will surely be awesome to have but it's totally not something I would want. For one thing, I don't really like driving games so if I had it I would just strip it and use everything elsewhere around the house.

I really had an amazing games expense/profit period this week:

Mon: started off slow, got 2 copies of Dot Hack Quarantine for $35 for myself.

Tue: had a job interview, got the 360 promo Marvel Ultimate Alliance & Forza 2 combo for $20, traded Forza in for $22 later (it gets better, I promise)

Wed: another interview, got some Blu-Ray movies & Hoshigami DS for myself totaling $35, bought Jurassic Park: Operation Genesis PS2 + Dreamfall which I kept & 2 other games that I later traded for $35+ together for $30, came upon a used Wii system, bought it & sold it for $360.

Thu: got Shinning Soul 2 & Yggdra Union GBA for me at $16, Half-life on PS2 for $10, Ace Combat 360 fight stick for $30 that I have since sold for $160+.

Fri: bought & sold 2 new $150 Ace Combat 6 360 bundles for $250 each. 2 Baldur’s Gate 2 Xbox + 1 for PS2, Dot Hack Quarantine (3rd of the week), Futurama, Fire Emblem: PoR and others basically all for $5 each.

Sat: track down another 360 flight stick for $30, sold it for $160. Bought my 5th Persona 3, another SMT: DDS set of both games, Ico, SMT: Devil Summoner, & Scurge: Hive DS all for $80. Then got MGS2: Substance PS2 x2, Capcom VS SNK PS2 for $5, and one more copy of both Jurassic Park: Operation Genesis & Baldur’s Gate 2 on PS2 for $35.

Today: watched my Pats win and get to the Super Bowl, spent $55 on FFXII: RW, Dragon Quest Monsters & Luminous Arc DS for my personal enjoyment. At this point I really wanted to limit my spending to end such a crazy week but I just happened to run into used copies of both FFVII (yep VII) & The Legend of Dragoon for a total of around $20, so I brought them too.

I think when everything adds together I spent well over $1k on games this week. Out of everything I bought, 5 of the items have already been sold for $1.1k that includes around $500 in profit, while I still spent $350+ of my own money on $700-800 worth of games to add to my collection, not counting likes of the movies, GBA & DS games, or cheap stuff not mentioned. Heck of a week of games buying for me, and a really crazy weekend.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: