Suikoden Utopian and Irrational Kriegspiel Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Understanding True Runes (Theory)
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Backstory, History & Plot Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gaara

Arrancars

5665 Potch
8300 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Fuzi0n wrote:
Grrr, im watching you :twisted:

Once again, do NOT member mod. We, moderators are here for a reason. Whether you think he was punished well enough or not doesn't matter. That is the end of discussion, if anybody wishes to take THIS discussion any further, PM one of the moderators. Otherwise, get back to the topic of runes.
Vextor

11331071 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

One thing bothers me--

Principal = headmaster of a school.

Principle = a comprehensive or fundamental law, code, or doctrine.
Benit149

Covenant of Cuchulainn

0 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've had my own theories and ideas that have come and gone with the True Runes. At first, I believed 26 of the True Runes had Order and Chaos opposites, with the 27th being the Rune of Beginning itself. But then I heard suggestions that this isn't the case: that 13 jewels were on the Shield, and 13 were on the Sword. We don't know which ones were on which, but they don't oppose each other as purely as other RPGs do with the elements or good and evil. So now I've come to believe that as well.

There's always an attraction to war with the True Runes. After all, is it not coincidence that all of your playable main characters (except Thomas and Koroku) have True Runes? Lo and behold, they obtain them during times of war, rarely, if never, during peace. And each True Rune has a curse of sorts, especially the more horrific ones like the Soul Eater, the Beast Rune and the Rune of Punishment.

Benit149: First Lady of Addervon, Princess of Slight Fever, defender of the Nameless.
Fuzi0n

[Angry mob]

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Gaara wrote:
Fuzi0n wrote:
Grrr, im watching you :twisted:

Once again, do NOT member mod. We, moderators are here for a reason. Whether you think he was punished well enough or not doesn't matter. That is the end of discussion, if anybody wishes to take THIS discussion any further, PM one of the moderators. Otherwise, get back to the topic of runes.

Im not breaking the rules or anything, its just an oppinoin. Just becuase your a moderator doesnt mean you can stop me from expressing my oppinoins.

My post wasnt to of looked offensive, i was just ending my protest, so sorry if you mistunderstand.
Vextor

11331071 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The moderators are the rule here. Don't talk back at them again.
Fuzi0n

[Angry mob]

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

[deleted due to idiotic content]
Futch

JUST ME AND THE OTHER BIG DUDES

125356 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Erm... Communist forum? I think elitist would be more siuted, You are referring as how the mods decide everything right? communism would be If we all were in charge, and certainly (and thankfully) that is not the case.

Only worhty people are mods, not every folk gets that privilege.

Eventough that, I dont understand why you get so upset, I think that everyone agreed on it the second they registered here and read the rules.

Mods are Boss

Personally, I think they are doing a great job, so again, I don't understand why you are so upset, he just made a mistake and everyone deservers a second chance I think... Of course, If they repent for their mistakes that is.

Some Suikoden 4 Spoilers below, please dont read unless you have Finished the game

And about the True Runes, one thing that really bothered me was how in Suikoden 4, the matter of who gets to wear the punishment rune, is so "randomized". In my opinion, some of the candidates were not that Rune worthy...

But again, perhaps the punishment rune works differently, somehow like a parasite-host relationship, much more intense than the one from the other true runes. Altough we all know how that on low willed holders, Rune tend to call the shots more often, but it always puzzled me how the Punishment rune was much more, "Dictatorial" to put it in some way.

Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I would say the Rune of Punishment chose Bearers for far different reasons than did any other True Rune, especially because it did not expect to stay with any one host for any real period of time.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Backstory, History & Plot Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: