Suikoden Uncanny and Inspirational Kosher Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Understanding True Runes (Theory)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Backstory, History & Plot Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Deleted User 1

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 5:48 am    Post subject: Understanding True Runes (Theory) Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hello all! I have made this topic to clear up the mystery and the confusion surrounding the 27 True Runes in the Suikoden world. The True Runes the essence of which te world of Suikoden depends on to keep living. All 27 of them must exist or the world will spiral downward into oblivion.

In the beginning, there was "darkness."
Then, the "darkness" shed a "tear."
From that "tear," the brothers Sword and Shield were born.
Shield claimed it could defend against any attack.
Sword claimed it could slice through anything.
The brothers began a legendary battle.
At the end, both Sword and Shield shattered.
Sword became the sky, Shield became the earth, and the sparks from the battle became the stars.
As for the jewels, they fell to the ground and became the True Runes--The runes that all other runes were born from.

All True Runes are equal in power. No True Rune is more powerful than another True Rune. The power of a True Rune however does vary, one way, and one way only. Through the bearer. 3 principals govern how much of the True Runes power a bearer can fully control and use.

1. Willpower - This is probably THE most governing principal of controlling your True Rune. Example: Your True Fire Rune is matched up against my True Rune of Punishment. Your fighting for your families lives and for your pride. I simply want to loot, steal, and plunder your home. Your True Fire Rune will completely overwhelm my True Rune of Punishment just because of the sheer Willpower that your exerting into and through your True Rune. This may very well be the most important principal of True Rune power and control.

2. Mastery - This is a VERY important principal governing the control and power you have over your True Rune. If you hold your True Rune for 300 years as apposed to 20 years. You will attain a high level of control and Mastery over your True Rune. Your body will also become more used to carrying and will become more adapted to the power of the True Rune flowing through your body. This is a very important principal of True Rune power and control.

3. Chosen - This principal is important in its own light. Whether or not your True Rune choses you as its bearer is a very important principal as in whether you can fully control your True Rune or not. True Runes choose their bearers for a reason. They are not meant to be stolen or used in any way by anyone but the bearer. The amount of control and how powerful your True Rune is stems alot from this principal. Example: Sierra was able to control her True Rune even while it was in the possesion of Neclord.

Those 3 principals are what governs the amount of control and power you have over your True Rune.

True Rune Removal: Once a True Rune is removed and the bearer has lived past his mortal years, he will not live for long. If the bearer has held the True Rune for a long duration of time (decades or so) then the bearer will live off of the energy in his body (left over from the True Rune) for a long period of time before dying. If you had only lived 10 or so years past your mortal years however with your True Rune. You wouldn't live nearly as long without it as someone who was a bearer for a longer time period. If you remove the True Rune forcibly (Ritual or otherwise removed) your life span will be shortened to an even greater extent. Example: The Flame Champion forcibly removed his True Rune, he did not live very long afterwards. A True Rune also will choose a new bearer if the current one is killed. It usually chooses a suitable bearer quickly. If it doesn't the True Rune usually disappears into hiding for a time until it is ready to show itself and has chosen a new bearer.

Last edited by Deleted User 1 on Wed Apr 20, 2005 7:32 am; edited 2 times in total
Sophita

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

So you managed to mostly plagiarize Suikosource's history section on true runes. Without giving blue moon or suikosource a credit or anything. Very nice. :roll: Great way to get someone to take your post seriously.

As for the rest of it, you have interesting thoughts but...Skuzah? As far as I can tell, all of it is your opinion and none of it is anything remotely related to canon. This is an editorial, not a FAQ. Interesting thoughts, but presenting them as factual is folly, and you diminish your audience's ability to take your post seriously when you more or less copy and paste a document from suikosource.

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Deleted User 1

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sorry I didn't mean to plagiarize at all I meant for it to be helpful in every way possible I will edit it to give credit to the sources i cited it from. Apologies. :D
Gaara

Arrancars

5665 Potch
8300 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Don't think so, little buddy. If it wasn't for my fellow moderator Sophita who pointed out you plagiarised, you would've most probably never admitted you did. Plagiarism isn't to be taken very lightly and you can get in big trouble for this. If you quoted and stated that you got this information from Suikosource then it might've been okay. It seems all you wanted to do wasn't even help people out with information but earn yourself some soldiers. Tough luck.
Deleted User 1

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sophita and I already cleared this up....there wouldn't be any "admitting" on my part because I wouldn't have done anything wrong if I had remembered to cite my sources and give credit, I made a mistake, she corrected me, and I apoligized and that was that. End of situation. Thanks.
Gaara

Arrancars

5665 Potch
8300 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

In any case, I've deducted 200 soldiers from you since it would be unfair for you to keep the soldiers since those words aren't yours to begin with. You're off the hook, just becareful next time.

Last edited by Gaara on Wed Apr 20, 2005 7:26 am; edited 1 time in total
Fuzi0n

[Angry mob]

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

haha, great way to get soldiers.
I think this guy should be punished, if everyone just went round posting masses of infomation from other sites, theyd have masses of soldiers in no time.
Deleted User 1

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I merely forgot to quote that is all I apologized for it and I believe you saw that, you over reacted in my opinion I thought the issue was resolved, I didn't mean any harm to anyone and it was not merely an attempt to gain soldiers thats petty. Once again I apologize to everyone, I was only trying to help and forgot to quote in the process.
Gaara

Arrancars

5665 Potch
8300 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Don't worry, the soldiers he got from that post have been deducted and he seems as though he didn't know what he was doing so we'll let it slide this time.

In the future, Sasari, remember to either quote or just provide the link if you wish to be so helpful.
Fuzi0n

[Angry mob]

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

yea yea, hell apologise now, but if no one had said anything he probably would of carried on lecturing us about a game we all know alot about
Deleted User 1

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I wasn't nor going to lecture anyone about Suikoden on a Suikoden Forum. Thank you for understanding Gaara and I will be more careful in the future.
Sophita

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Fuzi0n, diciplinary action is a private thing between moderators and users alone - not for the rest of the board to comment on. The guy made a mistake, it was pointing out, he was punished for it, and he rectified it. End of story. Whether or not you think he was punished enough isn't relevant to the topic.

Speaking of which, unless the topic goes back to true runes, this thread will be heading towards the land of Locked threads.

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Fuzi0n

[Angry mob]

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Grrr, im watching you :twisted:
Horned Loa

Guardians of the Merchant

96000 Potch
1000 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yes, Sophita did already address the issue but you must keep in mind that posting information from other sites WITHOUT using the Quote option, which just handily happens to be below the quick response box, being used is called plagiarism and is AGAINST THE RULES. As soon as you are corrected however you should immediately go back and edit your post.

I believe you when you said you did this to be helpful but you can consider this a friendly tip. :)

It would also be good to keep in mind that almost everyone that comes to this forum has more than likely been to Suikosource MANY times and read that information through and through (as a matter of fact some people here wrote that information out) so do understand that people here already know a LOT about suikoden and the material available. Its also not the best idea to pass assumptions out as facts as they can become rumors that way and none of us want that in here now, do we? :mrgreen:

EDIT: Damn, I seem to be getting slow here, many of you posted already.

Fuzi0n man relax. He didn't do anything to personally insult you so there is no need to get upset over this.

Back on topic, I SWEAR I had a discussion JUST like this at Suikosource at one point and I'm certain SARS was there too as was Red Killey and a few others, if I remember correctly that is.

Willpower does seem to have some effect over the power of the runes themselves because that seems like the only reason Riou survived that attack by Neclord seeing as Neclord had a TRUE rune and Riou only had an ASPECT of a true rune (not even half a true rune), so this makes me think that willpower affects the power of the rune heavily. This would be linked with emotion which would also explain what happened in Grasslands 50 years ago when the True Fire Rune went out of control. I wouldn't say its THE MOST governing principle of controlling a true rune though, but it is a HUGE factor without a doubt.

There really is no mention in the actual games themselves that MASTERY of a True Rune is necessary as when they're matched up against one another they certainly seem to be equal in power. The only time one loses to another its through a dirty trick. It does seem logical to us that Mastery of a rune (owning it for a prolonged period of time) would increase its power but there REALLY hasn't been any evidence to prove this....unless I'm forgetting something which is highly likely.

Being chosen by the true rune is also very arguable because on the one hand the runes could give more power to those they're willing to give the power to, but then again if True Runes are capable of choosing who gets their power and who doesn't do they also chose who gets to wear them? What I mean by this is, did the Blue Moon Rune CHOOSE for Neclord to steal it for a certain period of time....possibly out of boredom in the Blue Moon Village? We know that the Night Rune was bored out of its mind when Viktor left it in the Cave of the Wind for only three years. Its really possible for either scenario to be true but it does depend on how much power and self awareness all the True Runes really have.

I'll also have to disagree with the part about a True Rune choosing a substitute bearer quickly as it has been over 500 years since anyone has been known to have possession of the True Beast Rune. And even during the Dunan Unification Wars it still didn't let anyone use it, but rather stayed at L'Renouille and Muse. The Bright Shield and The Black Sword are also good examples even though they themselves aren't really True Runes. Then again you have the Blue Moon Rune, The Souleater and The Gate Rune which were all kept in hidden villages for long periods of time before all three of the places were eventually destroyed.

Last edited by Horned Loa on Wed Apr 20, 2005 8:41 am; edited 2 times in total
Deleted User 1

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well then you should read some of my theories. They make perfect sense the three principals I listed and all. If you find anything wrong with anything I posted or you disagree let me know.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Backstory, History & Plot Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: