Suikoden Ugly and Irrational Kriegspiel Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Favorite Female from Any Game
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fuji

9643133 Potch
16500 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Terra & Celes -- Individually they're both strong (not regarding power) characters. The Hot Ice summed it up nicely, my thoughts exactly.

Samus -- Just because she kicks so much ass!

Sarah Kerrigan -- Tragic story... in an RTS too! I liked her character, similar a bit to Terra from FF6 although her fate was a *tad* different.

Elly -- Really enjoyed her character. I thought of her as an almagamation of Terra and Celes. Strong, but has that soft side.

Sarah -- tragic love story... I really liked her.

...and of course the lookers:

Nel -- Ninja in black panties... alright by me!
Edea -- Sexy mysterious sorceress, how can ya go wrong.
Jeane -- ditto that.
Aribeth -- Nothing like a hot armor-clad-half-elf that gets confused and tries to kill me.

Plenty more in my head, but I think I've written enough hehe :)

___ "That's not much"

"It's enough"
Starslasher

Chunks of Chaco-late.

1177790 Potch
300 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hehe, yeah, Aribeth from Neverwinter Nights was hot. But i liked her better as Happy Aribeth than i did as Upset Aribeth.

Bork! Bork! Bork!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Mengo

Self-proclaimed Genius

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Starslasher wrote:
In Last Blade 2 i liked that girl, forgot the name, who was part of the Shinsengumi. She and that other Shinsengumi guy were my favorite characters in Last Blade 2.

Her name is Koujiro . . . I think.
Tendou Souji

CLIMAX JUMP!

758170 Potch
2000 Soldiers
2225 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Jeane,Chris,Viki,Odessa,Kika-Suikoden

Ummm....The hero in Arc The Lad 2's female companion.

Sayla-MS Gundam Fed V.S Zeon
Starslasher

Chunks of Chaco-late.

1177790 Potch
300 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Mengo wrote:
Starslasher wrote:
In Last Blade 2 i liked that girl, forgot the name, who was part of the Shinsengumi. She and that other Shinsengumi guy were my favorite characters in Last Blade 2.

Her name is Koujiro . . . I think.

Oh, you are most likely right. I do remember a Koujiro. And the other Shinsengumi guy was a Wakizashi or something like that...Oh never mind that. Thanks for that, Mango-man.

Bork! Bork! Bork!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Njord

Island Nationeers

218645 Potch
1478 Soldiers
300 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My top girl is Maya Amano from Persona: Eternal Punishment.

I think she was the first main female character I played in an RPG and the first one I insanely fell in love with, her character was very unique, calm and collected, stubborn and determined, cute and kind, clumsy and cheerful, beautiful and very hot.

Her character turned to be pretty much complicated, but of course at the end she represents the feminine beautiful women she is.

In the battle, she acts like a big sister or mother that must protect her children and loved ones, which is why she is the base of the group, the member best in protecting and healing the others, but that doesn't mean she doesn't kick ass with her twin guns.

Her background story, great looks and character made her a lovable person and wanted hero, and all of these things combined together makes her my favorite girl.

Yes, I love my beautiful moon goddess ^_^.

Razor Wind

3668814 Potch
14500 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I second the Maya Amano vote. She is really the best!
Vincent Chase

1st H.A.C - Spread Your Love

314554 Potch
0 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

UberYuber says:
Quote:
I find that the main female characters in the Final Fantasy series always lack in personality... Yuna, Dagger, Rinoa, Aeris.... They're all kinda dry. Yuna would be the exception to this rule, but the fact that she, like Rinoa, is just so darn unbelievable makes me cringe.

Well, Yuna was nervous, although I agree that her acting was completely out of character, although that might be the effect that they wanted to have, who knows. And how did Tifa not make your list of personality and Aeris does? I'd be willing to bet that Aeris has almost as much dialogue in the one disc she's in than Tifa has in all three of them. She was energetic, Tifa was logical, and not really too emotional (look at her last name for a nice analogy of her character, ‘Lockheart').

And...
Quote:
I also feel like mentioning Harle from Chrono Cross and Nel from Star Ocean:TtEoT

Harle was really...interesting, when you find out about her character. And you bet not mention anything about Nel! Or at least, you do <color= black> this</ color>.

also...
Quote:
Well uhm... what I said was that you can't compare the characters in terms of battle strength because you can carve them how you want them. I just used Lulu, Rikku, and Tidus the whole game. The others only got used when it was do or die. It doesn't make any character useless, but in fact, raises the basement of a bad fighter. You have a very odd way of looking at things. You say anyone can have her ability making her useless, but that means Rikku can have any of their abilities making them useless. DUR HUR HUR!!! Lulu, Rikku, and Tidus had all the same skills in my game... making a discussion about their strengths in battle irrelevant to me.

What is relevant is the fact that every other character in that game was so horrible. (save for Lulu) I hate when they pick seven personalities traits and then pick seven characters. Immaturity, Naivete, Wisdom, Innocence, Big Brother.... Tidus, Wakka, Auron, Yuna, Kumarhi...(it's like a freaking boy band) Try to classify Rikku or Lulu and it's not that easy. They're too complex for one word descriptions. I thought maybe Lulu could be big sister, but she's way too cool for that. She should've been a vampire. It would've made the story more believable.

I purposely put something bad about Aeris in my post and you skipped right over it. Defend your woman or lose her respect man.

Alright fine, I couldn't do that stupid Cactuar minigame and get her ultimate weapon. I already built one for Kimahri and it took forever. I had 126 hours on FFX and everyone doing max damage except her, but she was doing 9999. That's probably why I never beat Shinryuu, because she was so weak.

She's also useless because there are like 9 other people and you get her last. The game assumes you'll use the characters whose personality you like best in battle (well not really, I used Wakka, Yuna and Tidus all game long). I didn't like her character, nor the way you had to get that damn thing with those cursed cactuars (everyone else's was way easier) and so I didn't use her. Her stats fell behind (though I did get her a Break max HP armor ability) and she became useless, se the progression of things? It also carries on to the other time I played, again because I wasn't huge on her character.

And don't even start me on Sierra, fanboy :wink:

J LAYZ wrote:
Quote:
Yes, because Zidane and Garnet are old fogeys. Eiko was annoying and brought nothing to the table that wasn't already being done by Garnet.

Again, try beating Ozma without her. The key to it all is getting her one hit from trance, and having her heal everyone while you throw stuff at Ozma. Somehow I needed to level Eiko up, because at lv 75 with protection against most of the statuses he still kept owning me.

St. Ajora says:
Quote:
What?! You need your strength that high to beat Shinryu? He was by far the easiest, easiest boss battle in the FF series, and if not that, in any rpg...unless I'm missing something...

See the Rikku Rant of above and in past posts, she was weak. And I mean the one from FFX, not any other game (I think he's in V), that you fight underwater and hits for about 10,000 hp with physical. He is pretty tough.
St. Ajora

SOUL PATROL!

-98944 Potch
-54 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
Try to classify Rikku or Lulu and it's not that easy. They're too complex for one word descriptions

Lulu=fanservice! Both characters were highly unoriginal and simplistic if you think about it. The concepts were just new when introduced to Final Fantasy. Ohhh brooding, mysterious, sexy older lady! Like we haven't seen THAT before. Same with Rikku. Hyperventilating little girl monkey. I loved them both, but they followed as basic a template as the others. Their backgrounds were explored a bit more than many FF characters, but there was no development, no spectacular revelations regarding who they were, and nothing out of the ordinary, seperating them from everyone else. Lulu was as much the hot chick, as Auron was every girl's dreamboat.
Sierra Mikain

Blue Moon

19500 Potch
0 Soldiers
666 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

St. Ajora wrote:

Both characters were highly unoriginal and simplistic if you think about it. The concepts were just new when introduced to Final Fantasy.

They weren't highly simplistic, we just got done arguing this. My point was that they were the only characters in that game that didn't make me sick to my stomach to read or listen to.

Quote:

Ohhh brooding, mysterious, sexy older lady! Like we haven't seen THAT before.

Ok.. every sexy character has an element of mystery and forgive me if I don't want someone younger than 18 to appear to be the sexy one. Your argument makes sense, but there is no alternative to a sexy-type character. I don't think Lulu is really old anyways. I'm not sure what her age is supposed to be, but she's not pushing 30 is she? She looks to be more young-mid twenties to me. And the only thing she had that made her sexy is the fact that her boobs just about fell out of her clothes every time she finished a battle off.

Quote:

Same with Rikku. Hyperventilating little girl monkey.

Explain to me how Rikku, simply because she was energetic, relates to any/all of any other energetic characters before her in ANY game/series. She shows true emotion in appearance and in her voice at different times in the game. She had mood swings and changes of heart... she was as deep as square has ever gotten in a character, and as deep as they'll ever get. I'd like some detailed backing of your statement.

Quote:

there was no development and nothing out of the ordinary

Rikku is a playful character who is key in helping certain characters from being hateful towards what they simply don't understand. She was the character that provided the light areas in the conversations among the monotone drearyness that matched the boring grey colors of the dead world they moved in. Rikku started as a stranger, a friendly captor, and a translator and turned out to be the only believable character with a personality that is identical to any girl you meet on the street. With everyone else, including Lulu, having the emotions of a dead person, Rikku isn't just a great character, she's necessary to keep you from hanging yourself with your controller cord. She never got to play the part of main character the way that Tidus and Yuna did and thus they both received ten times the screen time they deserved, otherwise, you might have been led to secrets of her past and upbringing as to why such a fun loving, uppity, emotional, happy, kind girl could exist in the hell that Square named Spira.

Quote:

Lulu was as much the hot chick, as Auron was every girl's dreamboat.

Not sure how this applies. How is a balding old guy that wears sunglasses when he's not in the sun and can't put both arms in his shirt a dreamboat? This guy is probably exactly what Corey Hart envisioned for his future. He's still wearing those sunglasses at night, and no one likes him. He is the only presence of testosterone among all of the characters except for Wakka, however, Wakka's testosterone comes at the expense of his maturity and realness. I can see why people like him, for lack of a better choice, but besides Rikku and to a MUCH lesser extent Lulu, the characters were awful.

I'd like to hear your response to this, St. Ajora.

1st H.A.C - Spread Your Love

314554 Potch
0 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

St. Ajora says:
Quote:
Lulu=fanservice! Both characters were highly unoriginal and simplistic if you think about it. The concepts were just new when introduced to Final Fantasy. Ohhh brooding, mysterious, sexy older lady! Like we haven't seen THAT before. Same with Rikku. Hyperventilating little girl monkey. I loved them both, but they followed as basic a template as the others. Their backgrounds were explored a bit more than many FF characters, but there was no development, no spectacular revelations regarding who they were, and nothing out of the ordinary, seperating them from everyone else. Lulu was as much the hot chick, as Auron was every girl's dreamboat.

This argument is groundless. If there was a reason for the simplicity of the characters, especially the stoicism of Lulu, it was because she was meant for a bigger purpose further in the series (like her pregnancy in X2). As a character I liked Lulu, she was the only character in a game full of whiny characters that never lost her cool, and I can admire that. You need people like that on your side when you're saving the world. We haven't seen a " brooding, mysterious, sexy older lady!" in the series to my knowledge, either, course I haven't played all of the games. Consider that all of the females are usually ages 15-22, and the only older sexy one (Beatrix) was hardly brooding.

And 'no spectac revelatons?'...Rikku is an Al Bhed, aka the group hated by Wakka, another main. This creates tension, and definently qualifies as a revelation to me. Oh yeah, and she was also Yuna's cousin, another big one there.

UberYuber says:
Quote:
Ok.. every sexy character has an element of mystery and forgive me if I don't want someone younger than 18 to appear to be the sexy one. Your argument makes sense, but there is no alternative to a sexy-type character. I don't think Lulu is really old anyways. I'm not sure what her age is supposed to be, but she's not pushing 30 is she? She looks to be more young-mid twenties to me. And the only thing she had that made her sexy is the fact that her boobs just about fell out of her clothes every time she finished a battle off.

I'd guess that Lulu was about 13-16 when she first started being a guardian, so she would be over 30 (of course there are sites where you can find this, I'm too lazy on account of the dial-up) by at least a few years.

And no alternative to a sexy-type character? Why, that's the stupidest thing I've ever heard, this week. A character doesn't have to be sexy to be a good character, look at Terra with her Green hair, or any popular male lead in the series (except Sephiroth, because he is lame). Looks only add to a character's appeal, they don't make or break it. Hell, if anything, looks can make a character even more popular than they should be, again alluding to Sephiroth. If this isn't what you mean with this quotation, tell me what you do, but really, you should have expected this.

Also, remember Belgemine? AKA, the voice? Lulu's voice is at least as sexy, and sounds pretty similar if memory serves me correctly, which it rarely does but in this case I am sure that there is a resemblance.

And...
Quote:
Explain to me how Rikku, simply because she was energetic, relates to any/all of any other energetic characters before her in ANY game/series. She shows true emotion in appearance and in her voice at different times in the game. She had mood swings and changes of heart... she was as deep as square has ever gotten in a character, and as deep as they'll ever get. I'd like some detailed backing of your statement.

Rikku the deepest character in a Square game? Anyone else want a free few paragraphs to epouse on...say, any character from FFVI or Chrono Trigger? It's yours.

Both of you are making assumptions with no basis for comparison. You can't say Rikku is the most realistic charcter because of her voice, OOOB, when she was the first 'energetic' character to be given a voice in the series. Give a voice to Yuffie or Eiko and you have something to compare her to, but they don't have voices so saying Rikku is the most realistic character in the series because of her voice is totally irrelivant.

And St. Ajora, pretty much the opposite. If Rikku didn't have a voice you'd have to attribute one to her, and she wouldn't come off as whiny because chances are it'd be her own voice. Though they did do a good job with her acting (because since when does a 15 year old girl have a voice like Lulu?) she was whiny, but you have to look at her character, actions, emotions and even gestures, to get a sense for who she is: Extremely kind and caring, but whiny.

And if Rikku didn't have a voice she'd be just like Yuffie, or any other similar characters (but I'm using Yuffie). Here are the ways:

1. Both come from from 'struggles'; Yuffie from Wutai, a town in large financial troubles and also warring with the Shin-Ra. Rikku is from the Al Bhed, who pretty much are hated by everyone.

2. Both of them are theives. Both by job and by activity. Yuffie steals your materia, and Rikku steals your summoner, same in principle, leading to...

3. Both have stupid philosophies. Yuffie wants to weaken her friends, the only people who accepted her, by stealing their materia and making herself stronger. She is in it for herself (and to a lesser extent her village), making her a Hedonist (living for the self).

Rikku has a slightly better reason for trying to take Yuna from her guardians (they're related), but the idea behind it is derp a der ta teedly tum te dumb. I don't even know the proper name for saving one to allowthe deaths of many...closest I can get it Mill's Utilitarianism. The only reason it worked was because they found out how to beat the final aeon thing, and really, that would only happen in Final Fantasy.

4. Both are 15, though actually Yuffie is 16 and Rikku is 15, than 17.

5. Both are usually the Last characters recruited, Rikku being last by order and Yuffie being available anytime near the Junon Forest.

Both of these characters practice philosophies that either will work only in theory or would lead to a life of bad health and early death, but that's hardly the point. The fact is that every character follows a certain schemata, and they just alter bits of the formula and mechanics so everything isn't a blatant continuity-fest. For example, in every FF game, there is: A silent/brooding male, a peppy, energetic female, a quiet, attractive female, a non-human and a loud, profane male. Rikku has alot in common with many past characters, and so segregating her from them by her voice makes no sense whatsoever.

And when you two post, please don't say I'm not saying that/That's not what I mean, because it's pretty clear that that is what you mean, by your posts. I now anticipate both of your replies.

EDIT for EG: Uh, no. You can go to the Junon forest area Any Time and get Yuffie, and I always did it after I got Cid. Rikku is playable for three seconds and only plays the role of captor to Tidus, giving her no development in that brief period of the game. And you can barely see her face or body.

Last edited by Vincent Chase on Mon Apr 25, 2005 1:09 am; edited 2 times in total
Tonberry

The Tonberry Eggsperience

1819401 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The Hot Ice wrote:
5. Both are usually the Last characters recruited, Rikku being last by order and Yuffie being available anytime near the Junon Forest.

Hold on! Yuffie is not last. I do not understand your logic here. I get her before Cait Sith, Vincent, and Cid. It doesn't make sense how you say that they are usually the last recruited. Also, Rikku appeared very early on in the story as a playable character.
fuji

9643133 Potch
16500 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Rikku the deepest character that Square has ever had? Wow! Rikku is a "FFVII cookie cutter character classic" (tm). Take a Yuffie blue print and add a bit of Selphie with a sprinkle of Zidane and you've got yourself a Rikku. The one thing I will say though, Rikku has the best voice acting and the highest polygon count compared to the others.

___ "That's not much"

"It's enough"
St. Ajora

SOUL PATROL!

-98944 Potch
-54 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
They weren't highly simplistic, we just got done arguing this. My point was that they were the only characters in that game that didn't make me sick to my stomach to read or listen to.

Oh well, I bring it up again.

Quote:

Um, by older, I meant, older than the leading lady.

Quote:

Because we have seen one since FF6? Relm (to a much lower degree), Yuffie, Selhpie, Eiko, and then Rikku? Mind you, they all have their huge differences, but they all relate because of that one trait- being the upbeat, slightly annoying, energetic team member. I myself don't recall Rikku being very emotional, in the sense that she went from one extreme to the other. She was just very "Oh poopy!" for me. Does she even have a tragic line in the game? I suppose it's not in her character to do so, but with this reasoning, I stand by my opinion that she's just the usual annoying/whiny girl template, that has been expanded on. I mean, she wasn't THAT bad, like I said, I love her character, but it was still very predictable and unoriginal to me. Deep? Hardly. Yuna was deep. Rikku was just there.

Quote:
Rikku is a playful character who is key in helping certain characters from being hateful towards what they simply don't understand. She was the character that provided the light areas in the conversations among the monotone drearyness that matched the boring grey colors of the dead world they moved in.

Yes, that's absolutely right, but I feel there was so much more to do than the comedic routine.

Quote:
Not sure how this applies. How is a balding old guy that wears sunglasses when he's not in the sun and can't put both arms in his shirt a dreamboat?

haha don't ask me why, but he has a huge, younger cult following.

Quote:
He's still wearing those sunglasses at night, and no one likes him

That's hilarious.

Quote:
I can see why people like him, for lack of a better choice, but besides Rikku and to a MUCH lesser extent Lulu, the characters were awful

I don't think that they were awful, I just think that they have all been done before, in some form or another. I liked Tidus for the reasons that most hate him- he's whiny, he's selfish to a point, immature, naive. He was believable for me. I loved all of the characters- especially Kimahri, who doesn't say very much at all- but I guess I have it in for loud obnoxious little girls. However, I respected and tolerated Rikku's character much more in FFX-2 because she seemed to be in her element.

Quote:
This argument is groundless. If there was a reason for the simplicity of the characters, especially the stoicism of Lulu, it was because she was meant for a bigger purpose further in the series (like her pregnancy in X2).

A bigger purpose? Such as getting pregnant? She didn't even get a new character design, that shows just how important that plotline was. Having a baby was nothing earth shattering in FFX-2.

Quote:
As a character I liked Lulu, she was the only character in a game full of whiny characters that never lost her cool, and I can admire that

Of course, but it gets to the point where there is too much not being shown to us. I realize it was because of her past, but everything revealed to us about Lulu, never comes from her mouth. Instead of stoic, she just becomes exposition lady. At least, she was to me.

Quote:
Consider that all of the females are usually ages 15-22, and the only older sexy one (Beatrix) was hardly brooding.

Point, and I never liked her either. Never got the Beatrix thing.

Quote:
And 'no spectac revelatons?'...Rikku is an Al Bhed, aka the group hated by Wakka, another main. This creates tension, and definently qualifies as a revelation to me. Oh yeah, and she was also Yuna's cousin, another big one there.

Another big whoop to me. We have a total of what, a couple scenes that touches upon Wakka's hatred of the Al Bhed? Granted, his character handles it well- he's not violent in any way, but I feel that there could have been so much more done with this storyline, but instead, it was put aside for Tidus and Yuna. Yuna and Rikku did not appear as cousins to me, in the first game. Maybe my expectations are too high, but there is also nothing earth shattering about Rikku and Yuna being cousins. That's one of the most expected storylines, to be found in rpgs. Someone's related. And quite frankly, it didn't seem to make a world of difference for Rikku- just to expand on Yuna's heritage.

Quote:
I'd guess that Lulu was about 13-16 when she first started being a guardian, so she would be over 30 (of course there are sites where you can find this, I'm too lazy on account of the dial-up) by at least a few years

her official age is 22 or something close...I think.

Quote:
And St. Ajora, pretty much the opposite. If Rikku didn't have a voice you'd have to attribute one to her, and she wouldn't come off as whiny because chances are it'd be her own voice

I don't base whiny off of a voice. I or someone threw that in there, but it wasn't the be all and end all to our statements.

Quote:
1. Both come from from 'struggles'; Yuffie from Wutai, a town in large financial troubles and also warring with the Shin-Ra. Rikku is from the Al Bhed, who pretty much are hated by everyone

The thing is, Yuffie's past has already been dead. It's put to rest; the Shinra, everything. She's just there. Just because they've both had some tragic storyline doesn't make them linked, persay, because every rpg has been through some type of turmoil it seems.

Quote:
2. Both of them are theives. Both by job and by activity. Yuffie steals your materia, and Rikku steals your summoner, same in principle, leading to...

I would venture to say that those are two completely different storylines. "Stealing" a summoner and materia? Different motives, here.

Quote:
3. Both have stupid philosophies.

Yuffie didn't have any philosophies, she just wanted to steal. Rikku had something much more grand in mind, and even with that she felt like it was right.

If ive messed some quotes up or if I appear to be contradicting myself, I apologize, it's 3 AM and I promise I'll do better tomorrow, er, today.[/quote]
Sierra Mikain

Blue Moon

19500 Potch
0 Soldiers
666 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

THI wrote:

And no alternative to a sexy-type character? Why, that's the stupidest thing I've ever heard, this week.

I believe my comment was exactly what I meant. Sexy characters have elements of mystery and are usually not 16 years old. An 18 year old sexy character doesn't fly with me. Sorry. No Terra was not sexy. I never said that A character MUST BE SEXY TO BE GOOD. You're a weirdo THI. You know that's not what I said. Rikku isn't sexy.. she is cute though.

Quote:

Also, remember Belgemine? AKA, the voice? Lulu's voice is at least as sexy, and sounds pretty similar if memory serves me correctly, which it rarely does but in this case I am sure that there is a resemblance.

Do I remember Belgemine? Are you serious? I dream about that voice all night long. Their voices are not similar. Lulu's voice is deep and smooth, Belgemine is mid-low and raspy. They're not the same actress doing different characters either.

Quote:

Both of you are making assumptions with no basis for comparison. You can't say Rikku is the most realistic charcter because of her voice, OOOB, when she was the first 'energetic' character to be given a voice in the series.

Good point, but I'm not basing my statement purely on her voice acting. It is a large point... ceded.

Quote:

For example, in every FF game, there is: A silent/brooding male, a peppy, energetic female, a quiet, attractive female, a non-human and a loud, profane male. Rikku has alot in common with many past characters, and so segregating her from them by her voice makes no sense whatsoever.

That's not what I mean. For once the peppy energetic character is VITAL to the story line. Not only that, but her little, sometiemes child-like parts of speech liven up the more boring dialogue in any final fantasy since 8-bit nintendo. I've already gone over both points. Her speech means a lot, because even in the first game where speech appears, it was the best. Her character did come from the line of idiots that include Selphie and Yuffie... however, I consider that character personality to be evolved to the near point of perfection. Making it ridiculous to even compare them simply because she exhibits some traits. So what are you saying? That simply because she's come from that line of idiots that she cannot be better thant them? Open your mind, it's not simply the voice that makes her different... it's the fact that thse's vital to the story line and is the only believeable character... with or without voice acting. You're not winning this one.

I strongly believe in the religious and racial conflicts to the be one strong story aspect to this game. That aspect is driven in your party by Rikku, Yuna, and Wakka. Remove one of them, the conflict could still be aparent, but not having all three points would make it further from home. Tell me how Yuffie was essential to the story in FFVII. You didn't have to recruit her, and if you did her section was annoying and boring not sharpening the story at all, but simply adding length to the game.

What you've said makes sense, you can relate them. It's a moot point, however, because Rikku's charcter comparisons list is much shorter than her contrasts.

Quote:

Rikku the deepest character in a Square game? Anyone else want a free few paragraphs to epouse on...say, any character from FFVI or Chrono Trigger? It's yours.

Thrown in simply to get a rise, stop acting like you don't know me.

St. Ajora wrote:

Um, by older, I meant, older than the leading lady.

So then your reasoning is that any character that is sexy that is also older than the main female character is stereotypical of the industry? Isn't that a little ironic? Most characters, if not all, that join your party through RPG's range in age from 16 to 25. Now being 25 myself, I really lose interest seeing a sexy 16 year old. It makes me feel dirty just watching the movie scenes. A mature character is needed for sex appeal simply because the childish aspect of her voice and mannerisms are absent. Otherwise you could get cute instead of sexy. I don't see how this makes Lulu not deep or a copy-character. She has to be older in order to be sexy... just the way it is.

Quote:

Because we have seen one since FF6? Relm (to a much lower degree), Yuffie, Selhpie, Eiko, and then Rikku? Mind you, they all have their huge differences, but they all relate because of that one trait- being the upbeat, slightly annoying, energetic team member.

Yes that is correct. HOWEVER, Rikku is where they finally did that particular character right. Simply because she is a repeat character type, does not mean she is a repeat character personality. That is where she differs. With that line of thought, it would be hard to like Camus... or Percival.. Simply because in every Suikoden there are always a pair of knights. (sure Borus and Percy weren't a real pair, although they were part of a 5 man group, they were the only 2 keyed on in story) The problem here is that most people ignored everything Rikku had to offer for the same reasons that you give and I've yet to find an argument that makes sense to me.

Quote:

I myself don't recall Rikku being very emotional, in the sense that she went from one extreme to the other. She was just very "Oh poopy!" for me. Does she even have a tragic line in the game? I suppose it's not in her character to do so, but with this reasoning, I stand by my opinion that she's just the usual annoying/whiny girl template, that has been expanded on. I mean, she wasn't THAT bad, like I said, I love her character, but it was still very predictable and unoriginal to me. Deep? Hardly. Yuna was deep. Rikku was just there.

I was calm until I read Yuna was deep. Yuna was not deep and I can only think of 4000 reasons why. Yuna's character might've not been the regular female lead from the Final Fantasy series, but her character had NO depth. She was an innocent fun loving but responsible girl. She had no realness to her character and a maturity level that was overwhelmed by her naivete. She is a character that can be described with one word... innocent. Sums it all up. Rikku's character cannot be described as such. Actually the way you describe Rikku, is the way I describe Yuna... funny.

Quote:

Another big whoop to me. We have a total of what, a couple scenes that touches upon Wakka's hatred of the Al Bhed? Granted, his character handles it well- he's not violent in any way, but I feel that there could have been so much more done with this storyline, but instead, it was put aside for Tidus and Yuna. Yuna and Rikku did not appear as cousins to me, in the first game. Maybe my expectations are too high, but there is also nothing earth shattering about Rikku and Yuna being cousins. That's one of the most expected storylines, to be found in rpgs. Someone's related. And quite frankly, it didn't seem to make a world of difference for Rikku- just to expand on Yuna's heritage.

Already spoken this point, but it's Rikku, Yuna, and Wakka that drive the only interesting point in the story. Tidus could've been completely out of this game and I would've been much happier. This is all true though. Wakka didn't really handle it all that well, he'd been taught his whole life to hate something he simply didn't understand. Whether you want to view that as a racial or religious conflict is up to you, but it probably would've been violent had Rikku's character been male and not a young girl. The only other aspect of the story that was huge was the father son Tidus/Jecht conflict. That... was... AWFUL!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:

her official age is 22 or something close...I think.

Sexy..

Quote:

I would venture to say that those are two completely different storylines. "Stealing" a summoner and materia? Different motives, here.

Yes, one expressed a belief of what was the best thing to do for all people and the other did what was best for her people. One was selfish, one was selfless. Nuff said.

Quote:

Rikku had something much more grand in mind, and even with that she felt like it was right.

sounds... deep...
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: