Suikoden Uncouth and Illegal Kosher Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

The almight one?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fuzi0n

[Angry mob]

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 10:53 am    Post subject: The almight one? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Is it just me, or is Chiepoo alot stronger than he looks. At the beggining of the game, your kinda forced to use him. (i think, ive never played it where he doesnt automatically join) and some hits he does are really strong, compared to whoever you might have with you. I havnt completed suiko4 yet, but im right next to the end, and ive been using chiepoo all through the game, is this a good thing or bad?
Wataru

The Light Fantastic

59113 Potch
0 Soldiers
515589 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, I'm president of the Chiepoo fan club, so maybe my opinion is a little skewed, but he is mathematically a good character. His stats are pretty high across the board. Out of the starting group, only Tal is stronger; he has the highest luck in the game and his speed, skill and evade are all high. He gets three Rune slots and a powerful weapon. He's a little hard to outfit, though, and I would like to see him with a tad more MP, but he never EVER comes out of my party [Hero, Chiepoo, Ted, other]
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If I met Chiepoo in real life I'd punch him in the face before he could spout one of his 'cute' lines.

That said, he's a good character. His stats are good all round, and he's extremely useful at the start of the game and up to around the middle of the game he's definiatly good enough to warrant a full-time spot. After that, many other characters can pass him out in all of his advantages.
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Fuzi0n

[Angry mob]

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

lol @John Layfield, hes not that bad. Ok ok his voice is a bit annoying, but overall, if he was in a text based suikoden, hes as funny as flik and viktor were, back in the old ones. Though the voice acting was terrible, in my oppinoin for chiepoo.
Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sorry, Fuzi0n, I'm with Senhor Layfield on this one. Chiepoo expended his welcome very quickly in my party :) The two people I took with me from Razril ended up being in my party about sixty percent of the game, but Chiepoo was gone almost as soon as I was able to get rid of him ^_^
Fuzi0n

[Angry mob]

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Harukaze wrote:
Sorry, Fuzi0n, I'm with Senhor Layfield on this one. Chiepoo expended his welcome very quickly in my party :) The two people I took with me from Razril ended up being in my party about sixty percent of the game, but Chiepoo was gone almost as soon as I was able to get rid of him ^_^

haha, well, maybe theres something im missing :)
Krawnik

Groundhog Pirates

4500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My first game, I ditched Chiepoo almost instantly, simply because I didn't like him (The Nay-Kobolds were a real bust, IMO. I miss the Lizard Clan, and espeiclaly the ducks. Ducks own). Now, though, I'm actually keeping him around for a while. Using Chiepoo and Mitsuba early in the game (pre Obel evacuation) makes it not especially difficult to get 1st-2nd place in the lottery, and his attack power is typically higher than even my hero's. I just... I hate it when he speaks. Ever so much.

416- friggin' racists, messing up my generalizations, also stealing my jobs, women.
RIP Ninjalicious
Tonberry

The Tonberry Eggsperience

1819401 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I got rid of him too. He wa sweak because I never leveled up his weapon. I realize that he is good, but there are better characters than him. So no, I don't really think he's that great.
Acheron

Stonewall Brigade

172597 Potch
200 Soldiers
1325 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I feel that any character is usable if you spend enough time with them, just some have natural tendencies to excel. That said I got rid of Cheipoo as soon as possible. I had to rely on him at times due to his level and my need to pass a certain point but other than that he was gone. I think I might have used him in a rune cannon but that was just because I needed the elemental bonus. So because I didn't like his lines, voice, or appearence I didn't use him hardly at all. This is why Melville was in my final party in Suikoden 3 (O yeah, Melville. Obviously not the best I just liked him. And I'm not a pediphile(spl)). Just thoughts.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Barbarossa Rugner

The Golden Mercenaries

5685455 Potch
15000 Soldiers
650 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Not to add to the Cheipoo bashing, but i couldn't stand him either. I don't know if it is his voice acting or his character art or maybe even a combination of the two that causes my dislike of him, but i can't stand him. As soon as he was forced upon my party i couldn't wait to get rid of him. First of all i really dislike characters who don't use real weapons so he already had a knock against him. Secondly that voice was horrible. Third his personality screams wuss to mee, for lack of a better word, lol. Finally he isn't a human which also plays a part in my character selection, not to mention i really dislike the nay-kobald race as a whole.

Now i know from the previous posts that he has decent stats, but as far as my selection goes i rarely go for the high stats guys and focus more on personality. He is definitely on the bottom of my favorite characters list for suikoden four.

The Rune on my Sword, the Dragon King Sword, is protected against any form of magic, Even the rune of the Gate - Barbarossa Rugner
Captain Hero

Forsaken Elites

194469 Potch
361 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Konami should've given him a deeper voice, something that sounds more mature. He just sounds too cute for me to enjoy, and I never really liked cats. :P They should've made him sound a bit older, because he was just too big for his voice. Chiepoo's voice would fit someone like the younger Tuta, or the squirrels.

I used Chiepoo in the battle with Graham, and he was pretty good. His stats are good, and can dish out reasonable damage when needed. His magic stats pretty much sucked, IMO, but he made up for it with his speed and higher attack stats.

Overall, Stat wise, Chiepoo is a good character to bring around, but design-wise.. I hate him :|

Goldy

Kooluk Companions

543627 Potch
467 Soldiers
4141829 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I got rid of him as soon as i could, i found his voice acting very annoying and i usually stick to my favourite characters when i play through.
Justice Johnny

Crimson Grass

1177898 Potch
114 Soldiers
940 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Probably the best character in the game, battle-wise.

At Level 99:
PWR - at about 180+
SKL/EVA - at about 180+
MAG - enough to garner him a forehead slot
PDF/MDF - pretty low, at about 120
SPD - pretty high, at about 200
LUK - highest stat, usually at around 227. In my game, it reached 231.

Setup:
H - Fury Rune
Rh - Double-strike Rune
Lh - Warrior Rune
Goblin Set
3 Power Rings

Trust me, I hated Chiepoo too at the start, but he really gained my respect after I saw his stats.
Fuzi0n

[Angry mob]

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

highwind44029 wrote:
Probably the best character in the game, battle-wise.

At Level 99:
PWR - at about 180+
SKL/EVA - at about 180+
MAG - enough to garner him a forehead slot
PDF/MDF - pretty low, at about 120
SPD - pretty high, at about 200
LUK - highest stat, usually at around 227. In my game, it reached 231.

Setup:
H - Fury Rune
Rh - Double-strike Rune
Lh - Warrior Rune
Goblin Set
3 Power Rings

Trust me, I hated Chiepoo too at the start, but he really gained my respect after I saw his stats.

Right, you shouldnt like someone for their personalt,y stats people, stats! :P

Hes like eilie in suiko2. I used her alot through the game, shes speedy and gets a good attack if you give her good stuff.
Cedric

Sol Ciel

472542 Potch
200 Soldiers
62 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Interesting . . . try Nalkul, though. The last time I checked, his stats were higher than Sir Chiepoo's when they were at the same level. But I don't think I ever levelled them up to 99. I'l have to check when I get home. There is a large descrepancy when it comes to levels 60-99 since the stat growth is lesser. The variable differences could be in a wide span especially if the growth of their stats is supposed to be the same. (which I think it should be similar)

Minor Tidbit: Give some runes to those 3 Nay-Kobolds (give them their specialty not just any elemental rune) and you'll have a decent Rune Cannon gun-man at the beginning of the game.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Character Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: