Suikoden Uncouth and Inspirational Kraalesque Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Games You're Embarressed to Own
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kikito

Order of the Absolute

2953355 Potch
65 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, first off, I own Dragon Ball Z Budokai, yes the first one. I'm ashamed to say it's probably one of the worst fghting games out there. All the characters basically played exactly the same, and I only bought because it was a DBZ game.

Second, and the worst out of the two is Surfing H30. I can't believe I chose this game over Tekken 4!! I actually held both games in nny hand and actually chose this crappy excuse for a game. It was one of the first games I ever bought, and I think I have played it a total of 10 hours at the most. It's been sitting on my shelf for about four years and I have no idea why I haven't traded it in or something. You gotta believe me when I say this game is that bad.
Dooz

Buttered-up Old Men

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hey, I liked SaGa Frontier as well as Vagrant Story.

THe most embarrassing game in my collection is Destruction Derby Raw. Not that embarrasing, but still, ew.

Haia's Star Pupil

678159 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I just didn't learn when buying DBZ games... I got:

Playstation
DBZ Legends
DBZ Ultimate Battle 22
DBZ Final Bout

Playstation 2
DBZ Budokai ( 1 )

Finally I gave up after all four games were shockingly bad. I mean I'm a Street Fighter guy and was used to some degree of responsiveness from a fighting game. Add to that the Final Bout "energy beam war" where if you both shot a beam at each other it became a button mashing match to see who won...

Ice Dragons

3650446 Potch
194 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I own a slew of bad titles that really suck. One being Guardian's Crusade. Activision's lame attempt at an RPG. Its main hero is named Knight. And you get followed by a terrible pink thing. Those are the only two main characters. You walk around a terribly polygonal world (worse than that of Mega Man Legends) collecting toys while you search for the pink thing's mother. Horrible game by all measures. Its boring, the battles take forever and aren't creative in any way. Its only enjoyable feature is the employment of toys. You use the toys in battle and they fight for you, exch doing different types of damages or having different effects. Outside that it was abominable.

SaGa Frontier is not a bad game by any stretch. I thoroughly enjoyed all the characters and the versatility of choosing your team, to an extent. Lute always seemed to be a great character. I hated Rikki tho because all monsters sucked in that game. T260G was a great Mech if you got him the correct equipment. The bad game in the series was Unlimited SaGa which I did fall for and wound up paying money for. Yay, a $20.00 drink coaster. At least I played 20 bucks and not 40 like some people. Urgh..

Another bad game I own is Beyond the Beyond. Its a bland RPG with a cliché storyline and less than exciting characters. The gameplay is nothing new as it has basic random battles, MP and attacking. Nothing unique sets it apart from the old FF games or Dragon Warriors. It was made by Camelot in their early days before they did Golden Sun but after they separated from Sega when they made Shining Force with them. Its not terrible but it isn't anything I would reccomend.

I fell for Final Fantasy X-2 also. That "What can I do for You?" song was stuck in my head and I loved Final Fantasy X a lot so I didn't think this would be nearly as bad as it was. In fact the game itelf was good. I enjoyed the storyline and most of the characters, I hated how they dumbed Yuna and killed the way Spira was. Paine was a good character, but most hated her persona of "I don't care" But meh. The Dressphere system actually was designed well, because its a revamped Job system from FFV.

Someone mentioned Rhapsody as a bad game? No, only the storyline sucked horrible but the rest of the game was magic. It set in motion Nippon Ichi's succes that was Disgaea, Phantom Brave and Makai Kingdom, so it has its pluses. I own it and proudly hold it as a trophy because it is a rare game now.

A bad game I heard a l,ot about is Quest 64. Luckily I dodged that bullet but I was going to buy it when it came out but I was to involved with other N64 games like Banjo Kazooie, Mario 64 and GoldenEye 64. Why did Quest 64 suck so badly?

Fantasy Football (NFL) Sign Ups in Sports Forum!
Arcana

The Engineers

190546 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think the only game I really regret paying money for is Unlimited SaGa. I think I paid $15 CAD though. I should be able to sell it back to EBGames for $4. I think I'm going to do that as soon as I think of a game that I want to buy. An $11 experiment is annoying, but not detrimental to my well-being.

I didn't enjoy Rhapsody enough to buy it, but it was a decent 17 hour long romp through a fantasy world. Short and sweet. If it was any longer I probably would have been annoyed, but thankfully, things were wrapped up quickly. It makes me almost want to play Little Princess and Angel's Present. If those games were translated, I'd probably pick them up.

There are a few other games that I didn't ever finish, like Pokemon Blue, Dragon Quest Monsters, and Ogre Battle 64, but I'm working on OB64 right now. That's actually a pretty good game.

I am now a bit more careful with my games than I used to be. I tend to read reviews and attempt to try before I buy. Rarely now do I take plunges, although three-four years ago, I would plunge into any game that interested me, like Star Ocean 2, Valkyrie Profile, and Final Fantasy X (all of which were good games).
Hawk Thanatos

Radical Dreamers

167582 Potch
43 Soldiers
1337 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Red wrote:
A bad game I heard a l,ot about is Quest 64. Luckily I dodged that bullet but I was going to buy it when it came out but I was to involved with other N64 games like Banjo Kazooie, Mario 64 and GoldenEye 64. Why did Quest 64 suck so badly?

Quest 64 (the american release) was rushed and unfinished and it's story was...not good. However they were fixed for the most part, except for the story, for the PAL release (known as Holy Magic Century). The graphics were alright and would of been better if there wasn't so much trouble with the camera, I don't even remember the sound but the battle system is the reason you'd play the game.

Basically as you run around on your quest you can find spirits and each time you find one you can add it to one of 4 elements; fire, earth, water and wind and increase the power/learn new spells for that element. You also get a free element level when you level up. In battle you basically can run around, use your staff or use magic so it basically plays like an action turn based RPG.

I wouldn't be embarrased to own it but it certainly wouldn't be the smartest purchase I've ever made.

I like a lot of people own FFX-2, I enjoyed it for the job system and battles themselves and I hated it for the high fives and the over the top girliness. One of the best things about it were the battle quotes, some of them were pretty funny.

Paine: Come get some.
Yuna: Paine gets all the good lines.

Rikku: Hey, a little healing over here?
Paine: Heal yourself.

Yuna: Game over man... game over.

Yuna: Gimme a Y!
Rikku: Gimme an R!
Paine: Gimme a break.
AA

Spears of the Sand

366104 Potch
200 Soldiers
3121 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Whats with all of the ffx-2 hate people come on! i mean its a great game, you just have to look at it in the context that it was made, for example it was made to bridge the gap between 10 and 12 on the consoles( because 11 is obviouly a MMORPG), it is just a bit of harmless fun, i personally think of it as charlies angels on speed.

the reason that it 'killed' the way spira was is very well done in my opinion, it shows ie after sin, hence the over the top girlyness and the fun- i personally love the way yuna evolved into a strong woman, oh and that song i was singing it for days (people though i was crazy because they had no idea what the hell i was singing)

i though paine was a good addition, her role was to obviously be the link between the two factions, but more than that, she added a new unsen dimension to the story of Spira, oh and the dressspheres, so hard to get but briliantly implimented.

The only downside to this game was the episodic gameplay, i much prefered the style of x to this, but thats my only grummble and everyone has at least one about every game they own.

now on topic, im embarrased to own:

unlimited saga, luckily it was a prezzie so i didnt have to spend my own money but still its so weak.

orphen, scion of sorcery, jebus what a pile of Micheal Bolton

Jade Cocoon 2, i find the gameplay repetative and boring, im so glad i traded it in for dark cloud, the only useful thing it ever did.
bbsting120

8553 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 1:50 am    Post subject: Re: Games You're Embarressed to Own Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sophita wrote:

I also confess that I own Saga Frontier. And I have no defense for this one, as I bought it in 1999, long after everyone knew the game suck-diddly-ucked. But the character art was so pretty, so I thought it couldn't be that bad, and even if it was, I could at least get some interest out of the character art.

Hey, I liked that game! It was fun. And the quicksave was awesome for a save junkie like myself : )
ard

Einherjar

804051 Potch
178 Soldiers
2 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I do not own any game of which i am really embarrassed, but if i would, i would be sure to get rid of it. The only embarrassing games in this house are owned by my brother, but that could be me.
Lord Vader

Lord's Minions

4417 Potch
721 Soldiers
20000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I am not really emabarrased about any of the games I currently own. I did own at one time Delta Squadron. If any of you have played that, I am sure you can agree it is a horrible game. I was really embarrased about it though. I was just mad that I picked up a worthless game. I guess it was good it was cheap. I ended up selling it for like $5.

General of the Godwin Army
United States Navy ATF-HT
Keo

JutsuNinjas

1161 Potch
4 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hmmmmmm

Im embaressed of Spyro enter the dragon fly imean all the other spyros where good

Spyros1 2 3 but 4 was the worst
skymansxeno

30626 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Any and all DBZ games. :P
Lord Vader

Lord's Minions

4417 Potch
721 Soldiers
20000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I liked all of the Budokai's except Tenkaichi. Budokai 1-3 were fun to play. I also enjoyed the multiplayers. That is one reason why I don't like Tenkaichi because the multiplayer is split screen.

General of the Godwin Army
United States Navy ATF-HT
Admiral Ackbar

Seekers of Hawke's Hot Stuff

1008758 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Xenosaga 2 and Suikoden 4.

Those were the only two games I was looking forward to playing for about a year, and they both turned out to be two of the worst games I've ever played.

^Actual quote!
Abyssinian

Abyss Mercenary Union

56886 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I used to think Final Fantasy games were perfect (in some ways)...but when i bought X-2 the 'horror' said on first page hit me.... :oops:
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: