Suikoden Uncouth and Infamous Knowledge Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Games You're Embarressed to Own
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cedric

Sol Ciel

472542 Potch
200 Soldiers
62 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Axis wrote:

And again, Ced The Lad, what's wrong with DOA:Beach Volleyball? It's a nice game for for the ecchi, ero, or hentai type of person.And what's wrong with being ecchi, ero, and hentai???

Uhh, well for the record, I'm not that type of person, heh. Those who know me reletively well in these forums will tell you that.

As for what's wrong with ecchi types. Err, to each his own.

But the only reason I have this game is because a good friend of mine looks exactly like Hitomi. The thought of me dressing her up on a daily basis annoyed her to no end. But one day, she became ok with it; even enjoyed it. So now we use it as an ACTUAL volleyball game. I'm not joking!

It's ok with her, but you try using this game as an icebreaker anytime else, fellas. :lol:

9643133 Potch
16500 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Final Fantasy X-2
Master of Orion 3
Who Wants to Be a Millionaire
Final Fantasy Tactics Advanced (GBA)

Aside from the cheesy game-show spin game, the rest are games from good series that were were in my opinion, blasphemous creations.

MoO3 was horrible! ...so long, we waited... so long... and that was what we got? Believe me, I tried hard to like it... I really did.... It hurts, that deep hurt of dissappointment now that I think of it....

The other FF's need no comment....

There's one other game, but not even the anonymity of the Internet would allow me to post it's name...

___ "That's not much"

"It's enough"
Child of The Sea God

188289 Potch
2671 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The game that I was most embararressed to have in my posession was Guardian's Crusade. Good thing I traded it away with the rest of all my bad games. I think it's silly to be shy about owning a game even though I myself felt like that once. There are exceptions for it to not be silly like if you have a Barbie game.
Cedric

Sol Ciel

472542 Potch
200 Soldiers
62 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ahem ahh . . . actually no, nevermind, I'll let someone else tell you Sea God. :lol:

I used to have Guardian's Crusade. I traded it away like you did. It really wasn't bad. It was a filler game for me because Final Fantasy 9 (I think taht was the one) was new at the time. I played both games at the same time, so it was good to take turns.

The only thing I'm embarrassed about that game is the fact that I payed 47 dollars for it. The game is about 20 hours long, so that's two dollars an hour, pretty much. I've made worse purchases though.

The Long Patrol

162411 Potch
122 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I can think of two games that I truly wish I never bought:
Virtua Fighter 2 for the Genesis. What a truly horrible fighting game in every way possible. I do admire Sega for attempting to cram that game onto the Genesis, but damn. The graphics were horrible; the audio hurt my ears and the controls felt like if someone dropped a controller into a barrel of molasses.

Castlevania Legends for the original Game Boy. If you ever had the good fortune of playing Belmont's Revenge, then you'll definitely understand what a let down Legends is. Belmont's Revenge had good graphics, tight controls and good music. Legends had none of those things. Heck, it didn't even have any of the trademark Castlevania weapons. It did have some good bosses, but frankly I couldn't bring myself to play the game more than 5 times total. The only other way I can describe the game is that's is soooo dull. There's just no excitement to be had in the game. I had very high expectations for this game since I absolutely loved Belmont's Revenge, so I guess that's why it's even moreso of a disappointment.

I'll probably have to dig through my collection to see what other painful memories are in there, but I could never forget those two.
Glen Cott

Yellow Knights of the Dukedom

8112 Potch
1 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

hmm let's see, like Sophita I also own the whole damn Mortal Kombat series, just because I loved the first two in the series so damn much. You would expect games to get better with time, but IMO MK2 is still the best of the lot. Correction, I don't own Deception yet, but I probably will :S.

I also own Final Fantasy: Mystic Quest, but I love that game, it's fantastic when you're 6 years old.

My most embarrasing game would probably be some Digimon one I bought, which is now a coaster.
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I used to own Pokemon Snap - but that was quite addictive, but for shame anyway. I don't own it now.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Krawnik

Groundhog Pirates

4500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Pokemon Snap is an awesome game, dood. I keep on trying to buy that and the N64 off a a friend of mine, but he refuses to sell.

Now, for the games I'm embarassed to own-

Digimon World 2, 3: Okay, listen. I like Digimon. I like the show. I liked the first game. I still buy the manga of the first two seasons when I have the cash. But Digimon World 2 is the worst game in my roster. I was suckered into it with dreams of rolling around luch green fields scattered with plugs and vending machines in my DigiBeetle, blasting away enemy Digimon with a gun turret and deploying my own team of three Digimon to fight when the mood struck me. The opening reinforced these dreams. But augh... it makes me want to cry, how bad this game is. The graphics were of nothing. I'd like to say they were bad, but seriously, the graphics displayed nothing. There were walls, and a floor, and the Beetle thing, and some blackness off to all sides. What's worse is that the further into the game you progress, the longer you have to spend in these terrible, terrible dungeons of tediousness. Digimon World 3 was just boring.

416- friggin' racists, messing up my generalizations, also stealing my jobs, women.
RIP Ninjalicious
Glen Cott

Yellow Knights of the Dukedom

8112 Potch
1 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Krawnik, I believe it was Digimon World 2 that plagued me as well, I feel your pain.
Pierrot Le Fou

Rain Dogs

37957 Potch
0 Soldiers
196054 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I like the idea of this thread, hope nobody minds a revival.

After looking through all the posts the ones that caugt my eye were: iscalio, Ice, and punchdoll. Now theres NO shame in owning Chip & Dale, Wind Waker, or Legacy of Kain: Blood Omen hehe. Those are all classics you need not be embarassed about. Its okay, its not like they are a Dead or Alive game or anything..

iscalio wrote
Quote:
And I think I only have one game which is slightly embarassing; Chip & Dale Adventures for the NES

Ice wrote
Quote:
Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker - Look past the cartoony graphics and you still see easily the worst console Zelda Game ever. 5 dungeons, mad hype over the graphics, characters and scenarios and even bosses ripped from past games, what the hell was this, some kind of sick joke?

punchdoll wrote
Quote:
OK, there's Fear Effect, King's Field, Blood Omen: The Legacy of Kain, and Final Fantasy X. Oh, the shame!!!

I hang my head in shame for owning the following:

Daytona USA for Sega Saturn: This game originally came with the Saturn along with Virtua Fighter, and Virtua Cop. I lost all those games over the years, but I recently bought Daytona USA again. The reason being, the ONLY reason is the soundtrack haha. Anybody who played the game knows what I'm talking about. "Bluuue-bluuee Sskyys, bluue-blue SKYYYEES I SEEEEEEEE!!!" At least it was only $2.99...

The Chessmaster 3-D for Playstation: Well, I got nuthin'. Can't justify that one. Its a good challenge if you're into chess at least.

Simpsons: Road Rage for Gamecube: As most of you know, there is NO such thing as a good Simpsons game. This has some entertainment to it, being a taxi driver clone in the template of Simpsons. Also, I don't even have a Gamecube of my own, so its really pointless for me to have this.

Romance of the 3 Kingdoms part I, IV, VI, VIII, and X: Yea, I'm one of the many tools of KOEI. Sure they are good games but to own so many, and to keep buying the new versions is embarassing.

Suikogaiden I and II for Playstation - I dont understand Japanese, but I like to look at da' purty pictuerss! At least I didn't have to buy them.
Felipe

Intelligent Turtle

584845 Potch
1200 Soldiers
500 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

UFC Throwdown for Playstation 2: This game is really really bad. I still don't know why I bought it. When I look at the CD I almost cry. "My moneeeeey! ahhh..."

Mafia for Playstation 2 : Why I still have it? Why I still didn't destroyed this annoying game? Why? WHY? Because I can't find it. But I know that I own it, and I know I'm embarressed.

Fighting 181st

1109279 Potch
250 Soldiers
3275 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

After taking a long look through my video game collection, I have come to regard the following titles as somewhat embarrassing:

Like Blasphemy, I own Master of Orion 3, which may be the worst sequel of all time. I don't understand how they could go from the relatively streamlined and fun Master of Orion 2 to such a ponderous heap of suck. I also tried very, very hard to like it...I wanted more Master of Orion so badly...but the game has no redeeming qualities whatsoever, and is best forgotten.

Also, I own Final Fantasy X-2, which is a mixture of mediocre RPG and dress-up dolls. I suppose it's not that bad...but I'm embarrassed to admit to owning half of my Square-Enix titles, so...I suppose this isn't the only game that I think Square-Enix should be ashamed of.

I think that might be it. I own a lot more embarrassing CDs and movies than I do games. Most of my SNES titles, even if they are a bit tacky, I can't call embarrassing because they're so oldschool and loveable.

He's a victim - not a perp - and I'm choosing to let him go.
Blazing Camp

Rage

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'd say either my Final Fantasy X-2 or Unlimited Saga games. FFX-2 because it was nothing but hype and dress-up, and Unlimited Saga cuz I did'nt look for reviews beforehand and I bought the game because it looked "neat".ugh
Himuro

La Morte

844834 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Highwind wrote:
The only game I am very embarrassed to own is Rhapsody. If you know the game and/or own a copy of it, you will understand.

You attack with pancakes. PANCAKES.

FFX-2 is pretty embarassing even if it's one of my favorite ps2 rpgs. Definitely the funnest FF ever.

Quote:
Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker - Look past the cartoony graphics and you still see easily the worst console Zelda Game ever. 5 dungeons, mad hype over the graphics, characters and scenarios and even bosses ripped from past games, what the hell was this, some kind of sick joke?

Personally Wind Waker is my favorite 3d Zelda. OoT is boring and Majora's Mask is annoying.

I'm a proud owner of DOA: Xtreme Volleyball and DOA: Ultimate. I don't see what the fuss is about. I have a girlfriend so I don't really need female video game characters to give ME satisfication!

Quote:
inal Fantasy X-2: I-I just won't go into this. The game had some nice points, but eventually the crummy version of the job system and the overly saccharine story got too much of me. It's one of the few games I've sold without beating.

How was FFX-2's version of the job system crummy at all? It was like FF Tactics (abilities, being able to equip job abilities you've mastered without being that said job for example) but in a psuedo real time battle system.
Falcon Critical

Haia's Star Pupil

678159 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

There are a few games I own that I am embarressed to have, for a start Alundra 2 has to be the biggest one. The first game was awesome, one of the saddest RPGs I've played... ever. Then along comes the sequel which had essentially NOTHING similar except maybe the bush sprites... I got pretty far through it anyway before being defeated by stupid jumping puzzles. This game should never have been called Alundra! NEVER!

All of the Dragon Ball games I have... I mean the story is 20 years old yet I still like a good fanboy bought DBZ game after game, all of them boring as hell with crappy graphics and the slowest most awkward fighting systems ever. When my nephews started talking to me about DBZ I realised I should move on XD

I guess I could also say Suikoden 4 ( in Japanese ). I'm not saying that GS4 is bad, I like the game but I had it in Japanese well before it was available here in PAL, yet got completely lost since I didn't understand a word of it. I got the Japanese LE for the extras and I love them, still a game I don't understand..? Not that I'm learning, I've ordered the Japanese LE of Suiko 5 as well! XD
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: