Suikoden Ugly and Irenic Kibbutz Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Games You're Embarressed to Own
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Locke

Poker of Doom

157293 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Actually the new, realistic looking Zelda is for the Gamecube. Its set for an early November release. Be nice, considering my birthday is at the end of November. I think I read somewhere that Miyamato or someone decided that after the backlash of the Windwaker game that they have to go out on a last harah on the Gamcube for Zelda. Now if we could just get a true Mario game on the Cube. I just couldn't get into Mario Sunshine.

Lets see, what am I ashamed to own. Ultimate Muscle: Legends vs. New Generation for the Cube. I saw the words Aki and wrestling on the case and bought it. Big mistake. Game is corny and other than a few different moves and holds they all fight the same.

High Heat baseball 2003. Its a High Heat game, what more do I need to say.

I sold so many of my old NES games as a kid and I regret it now. I miss my Castlevania 3 and my Chip and Dale game. Those games ruled.

And the only reason I own Mystic Quest is I found it used for about four dollars so I figured why not.

3 Time Suikox WWE Fantasy Champion
Tonberry

The Tonberry Eggsperience

1819401 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Jeremy wrote:
I, too, am not a fan of Final Fantasy X-2 and could only stomach 6 hours (and an approx. 20% completion level) of the game before turning it off and never returning. I didn't mind that the main characters were females, that was fine with me, but the story nor the dress sphere concept "grabbed" me. While it was cool to be able to revisit most of the locations of Final Fantasy X, the novelty soon wore off when, after six hours, there didn't seem to be any real point to the game. I had played the demo and was hyped after watching the Eternal Calm video, but aside from the updated costume point the game proper just seemed to go off on its own tangent.

Really? I didn't like the game much, but the dresspere idea was great (not really the dressphere, but the job part). It was very much like Final Fantasy Tactics. You entered a job and got better at it as you played. FFX-2 had one of my favorite ability systems. That was really the only reason why I played it. The only part FFT had over FFX-2 is that in FFT, you didn't have to FIND your new jobs, you just got them as you advanced. I was mad that I couldn't get the mascot dressphere.As you can see from my avatar, I am CRAZY about tonberries. I heard that one of the characters dresses up as a tonberry (probably Paine). That made me so mad. It still had a pretty good ability system though. Probably in my top 3 FF favorites for ability systems.
Earthquake923

SB90's Mechanized Monsters

179201 Potch
0 Soldiers
778121 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have played much of FFX2, I did watch someone beat it. I happened to like the dress sphere. I think it was an interesting touch. I just didn't like how easy it was to get certin things.
Goldy

Kooluk Companions

543627 Potch
467 Soldiers
4141829 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I played throught Final Fantasy X-2 twice, i enjoyed the game alot. Not the worst Final Fantasy in my opinion.
I really liked the ability and dress sphere system, and it also has one of the better battle systems in a Final Fantasy game, with the battle system in Final Fantasy X being my favourite.
Hyatt_is_Dead

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

highwind44029 wrote:
The only game I am very embarrassed to own is Rhapsody. If you know the game and/or own a copy of it, you will understand.

Oh, God.

Oh, God, my ears. The memory of that game and its terrible songs is making them bleed anew. I almost had forgotten you, Rhapsody. WILL I NEVER BE FREE!?! (SOB)

... But yeah, I guess that's my answer. Rhapsody was my first PS game. It didn't stay in my collection long.

Aside from that, there's Evergrace. Oh, God. Don't get me started on Evergrace.
"If you meet Buddha on the road, kill him. If you meet one of your ancestors on the road, kill him. Free of all, bound by nothing, you live your life simply as it is." - Genjo Sanzo, Gensomaden Saiyuki
Leb

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Dude, Evergrace is awesome. Both Evergrace and Forever Kingdom are two (completely ignored) great games. The unearthly chanting in much of the soundtracks is so friggin' cool.
Cedric

Sol Ciel

472542 Potch
200 Soldiers
62 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Dead of Alive Beach Volleyball

Yeah . . . :oops: guess I win. Unless someone is so kind to top this. (Please, please try)

Desert Elite

357208 Potch
0 Soldiers
4283 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think you win my friend..... :)

Something Wicked

162570 Potch
200 Soldiers
40 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

FFX-2. Awhile back I was watching TV when an add for the game came on. The add featured Yuna singing in the pop concert cinematic from the opening of the game. My mom was in the background and saw the commercial and asked if I owned that game, which I did, but I just straight up lied and said "No." :lol:
We have an urge to kill
And our lust for blood has to be fulfilled
We'll fight 'till the end, and send our enemies straight to hell!"
Benit149

Covenant of Cuchulainn

0 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm not too embarrassed about owning video games, but Alundra II was one that I wish I never played. I get the chills playing action-adventure games like that nowadays, although Illusion of Gaia is an exception b/c it's 2-D.

Benit149: First Lady of Addervon, Princess of Slight Fever, defender of the Nameless.
ed_20

The Stampede

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have FFX-2 but I don't see why many people is embarrassed to own them :? well for the topic I'm embarrassed to own the game "the shadow of zorro" I didn't bought it I just got the game because it was free. My friend always laugh at me when he see's this game don't know why.
Tendou Souji

CLIMAX JUMP!

758170 Potch
2000 Soldiers
2225 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ced The Lad wrote:
Dead of Alive Beach Volleyball

Yeah . . . :oops: guess I win. Unless someone is so kind to top this. (Please, please try)

Gladly :oops:

HAMTARO: HAM-HAM JAM for the GBA.I don't quite remember the title, but i do remember it having a jam and ham-ham in it's title, so it might have this title.Basically,it's about retrieving back ham-ham words because the language book got acicidentaly spilled by water. and almost all the words vanished, which doesn't really make sense for how could almost all the words just vanish only by water.It's a nice game actually,but the thought of people thinking it's an embarassing category game, especially for my age :( just makes me fell embarassed.

And again, Ced The Lad, what's wrong with DOA:Beach Volleyball? It's a nice game for for the ecchi, ero, or hentai type of person.And what's wrong with being ecchi, ero, and hentai???

Last edited by Tendou Souji on Wed Apr 20, 2005 8:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
kuwaizair

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Shrew wrote:

Orphen: Scion of Secrecy: It was only 10 dollars... but still so poorly spent. Oh god the voice acting...

Oh dear god, I forgot I had that game. I got mine for 10 dollars as well, thank god I didn't buy it new. The plot was intersting, If you like alter realities, subjective reality and what not then play it, but the game play was bad, I think Leki was called a "she" once. And you collect "cards" to look at characters and what not. They Misslabled one of them and said they were an enemy.(I think) and the whole game put the Orphen name to shame. I could go back to it with a walk through for goodies, but gmm maybe no. I tryed the hard version trick by playing Mar's quest first. Its not fun.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Alkazar

The Sons of Senan

0 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

A few games, for reasons already mentioned, are on my list...

Rhapsody (yeah... I'm one of the few who actually still own their copy)
FFX-2 (see above... I like the music though...)
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles

Aside from that, the fact that I own two copies of Suikoden IV is semi-embarassing. What I find most amusing about it is that I only play the Japanese version.

I only find a little embarasment that I own three Pokemon games: Yellow, Silver and Ruby. However, I actually enjoyed the style of game, which leads to another possible embarassment: Jade Cacoon. I am absolutely addicted to this game. I've been wanting to get the second one. I love the capture system, and the fact that you have to strategize based on what you're going into.

I don't know why people are so hard on Wind Waker. It was better than Majora's Mask, for sure, and better than any of the others before it except Ocarina of Time and A Link to the Past (I'm not including Minish Cap which, while short, reminds me too much of A Link to the Past for me to dislike it). It had all the elements of older Zelda games, plus more, and the presentation was pretty damned awesome. Once you actually see some of the lighting effects in play, you begin to realize that the style is quite awesome.

Island Nationeers

218645 Potch
1478 Soldiers
300 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm not embarrassed of any of the games I own or play or show to anyone, even the Power Puff Girls game I stole from my sister (I bought it for her, so it's not 100% stealing ^.^) can be seen sometimes in my collection.

I think for games it is more of regret than embarrassment for me.

Anyway, games I regretted buying:

- Hoshigami Running Blue Earth: I wasted my time and my (mother's) money on this thing, the only game I felt bad playing, I really regret the week I wasted on this game, I worked hard on it but it just wasn't worth it, I still have nightmares because of this game .

- Eternal Eyes: The story was good but the game play sucked, the only thing that made me finish it is the hope of finding something good at the end, the ending was so childish, the game as whole needed a lot to be good.

- Final Fantasy VII: I still cant's get it, this game really makes me feel dizzy when playing it or watching someone playing it, the dark atmosphere at the beginning made me give up on continuing it, I gave it to someone, watched him finish it, and I still don't feel much impressed with it, it's the only game I gave and didn't want to get back.

- Harvest Moon Save the Homeland: I was hoping it would be like Back to Nature, but was disappointed, the game lost all the good things that I loved in Back to Nature, the story and graphics changed to a silly one, I returned it to the pack after two minutes of exploring the town, I really didn't like it.

- Suikoden IV: A little bit strange and hard coming from me, but I really regret buying this one, I could've bought any other good game in the market at that time, but I was so anxious to try it out, I must say that I enjoyed playing through the Japanese one with not understanding anything more than the English one, I still didn't finish this one fully, I always reach the final boss and decide to restart from the beginning, I just feel uncomfortable and weak with my characters at the end, but I will make sure to finish this one before the release of Suikoden IV (I still have to officially finish Suikoden III, I'm in Luc's chapter and I don't want to finish it, too sad for me to watch the ending).

Well, these were the games I most regretted buying, do hate me for these ^.^.

Anyway, most of the games people in here are embarrassed about are some of my favorites, SaGa Frontier, Vagrant Story, Harvest Moon (except for a Save the Homeland) are great games in my collection, I guess my taste in games is a little bit different than others.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

Jump to: