Suikoden Uncanny and Illusional Keystone Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Speculative Evidence of Why We've Heard Nothing
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden VI Speculation & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
skymansxeno

30626 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I would have to say that a console or portable system has already been chosen for the series if it has been in development all this time. Quite some time ago right after V was released in Japan there was already indication that some sort of sequel was in the very early stages of development (plot, characters, setting along with a discussion of what console and so forth). By now they have to have started making the game. The only way I see other wise is a hold on the project or projects if they are making more than one.

The series is very doubtfully dead considering it's the only foot hold Konami has in the RPG market at the moment.
Sami

Liberating Swords

199204 Potch
27 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Vextor wrote:
Suikoden is no "console-pushing title" like Final Fantasy, so Konami would want to release it on a console that purveyors of RPGs buy.

Failure_Urn wrote:
Right now there are not that many RPGs out for the ps3 --

I wanted to play an RPG on my ps3 but there was nothing out for the ps3 so I had to buy one for the ps2.

Hmm...

Just release Suikoden VI on Wii already, Konami! That way you will get certain data on how Suikoden performs on Wii!

Dragon Quest Swords for Wii sold some 500,000 units in Japan in summer. That's a lot of hardcore RPG players, about 1 in every 6 of Wii owners in Japan back then.

If even 1/3 of these people would buy Suikoden VI on Wii, it would already reach Suikoden V's sales. What's more, next year at the same time the amount of Wiis will pretty much have doubled, so it will have a userbase of at least 6 million in Japan, hungry for more RPGs after DQS, Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn, Opoona by Koei, Tales of Symphonia: Knight of Ratatosk, Final Fantasy CC: Crystal Bearers and others.

Even a spinoff Suikoden would be nice if they released something like Suikogaiden 3 with Wii pointer controls to test out the waters so to say.
BlackKnightYuber

320868 Potch
50 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sami wrote:
Vextor wrote:
Suikoden is no "console-pushing title" like Final Fantasy, so Konami would want to release it on a console that purveyors of RPGs buy.

Failure_Urn wrote:
Right now there are not that many RPGs out for the ps3 --

I wanted to play an RPG on my ps3 but there was nothing out for the ps3 so I had to buy one for the ps2.

Hmm...

Just release Suikoden VI on Wii already, Konami! That way you will get certain data on how Suikoden performs on Wii!

Dragon Quest Swords for Wii sold some 500,000 units in Japan in summer. That's a lot of hardcore RPG players, about 1 in every 6 of Wii owners in Japan back then.

If even 1/3 of these people would buy Suikoden VI on Wii, it would already reach Suikoden V's sales. What's more, next year at the same time the amount of Wiis will pretty much have doubled, so it will have a userbase of at least 6 million in Japan, hungry for more RPGs after DQS, Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn, Opoona by Koei, Tales of Symphonia: Knight of Ratatosk, Final Fantasy CC: Crystal Bearers and others.

Even a spinoff Suikoden would be nice if they released something like Suikogaiden 3 with Wii pointer controls to test out the waters so to say.

I wasn't aware of those numbers until you posted them for us, Sami. I've got to say, reading that really does lend credence to a jump to Nintendo. Of course, you may remember that I fully support a PS2/Wii dual release for Suikoden VI, as a safety-net for Konami, in case they're feeling skittish (which I wouldn't doubt).

Critics of Suikoden to the Wii often point out that it's not an ideal game for use of the Wii-mote. I argue that the motion sensors can still be utilized, particularly in mini-games, and perhaps tactical war combat. In the end, I just pray that the decision Konami ultimately makes is the correct one for the franchise.
Flare

Flying Bolts of Doom

680830 Potch
3700 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'd also like to point out that, at least to my knowledge and how much I've played of it, Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn doesn't really use the motion sensors either. It works like a normal controller.
Darkbeat

Location: The school of making funny locations for my forum profile
102756 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't see any reason why Konami wouldn't want to release Suikoden VI for the Wii. Its far and away the most popular system and that isn't going to change any time soon.
skymansxeno

30626 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hasn't there been an action RPG and a normal RPG announced for the wii a while back. Both are unnamed at the moment but they could be suikoden titles. There is also an RPG announced for the PS3 if I remember correctly.
Sami

Liberating Swords

199204 Potch
27 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oh yes, there is!

However, not all announced games always make it to final stage. For example, Konami cancelled a Coded Arms game for PS3 that was announced in the same batch as those RPGs. Konami apparently has also cancelled Vandal Hearts DS which was announced in 2004, because there has been no news about the game since then.

Hoping there will be more info on those "unnamed RPGs" soon. Next target: Konami Gamer's Day 2008! There will be a new KGD right?
Hawksaber

1041 Potch
5 Soldiers
687 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If Suikoden VI is released, I think it'll be pretty interesting to find out whether Konami actually stays loyal to the Playstation consoles in the RPG market.

Something tells me they will, but it's hard to say at this point.
buddyboy

318 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Here is a new interview discussing the future

http://www.rpgfan.com/features/interviews2007/index3.html
Sage

The Invincible Weeds

803820 Potch
0 Soldiers
2 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

buddyboy wrote:
Here is a new interview discussing the future

http://www.rpgfan.com/features/interviews2007/index3.html

That interview is posted here:
http://www.suikox.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=30871

Akamaru

492303 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

ITs december already.....From what i remeber someone told me that a game convention is to be held this december, so what happned there?
Sky Blue

8205 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't think the main reason for Konami's silence on the development of future Suikodens is because of the console wars.

I would like to think that, Konami probably had high hopes for Suikoden V, considering Suikoden V is the Suikoden that most closely resembles Suikoden 2, which is often considered the best game in the series. However, the low sales of Suikoden V signify that there is a bigger problem to the series. Konami realized that they are not going to win new fans (or even win the old fans back) just by making a new Suikoden that is of some semblance to Suikoden 1 or 2.

Clearly, even though Suikoden V is quite good, I cannot help but feel that Suikoden V should just have always been the true sequel to Suikoden 2. (Doesn't anyone feel that Konami seems to have been experimenting with the Suikoden series ever since S3?)

I think Konami is probably still in the midst of trying out something really new and really innovative in order to revive the Suikoden series. Therefore we just gotta be patient.... Meanwhile I am just going to save up some money and buy whichever next-gen console Suikoden VI is gonna be on, when the game is finally announced.
Sami

Liberating Swords

199204 Potch
27 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Thief wrote:
For being critically the better game, Suikoden V did sell less than Suikoden IV after all.

That was in the West. In Japan, they rated pretty much the same, which I think is fair and corresponds with my own opinion.

Lately, there have been a huge number of RPG announcements for the DS, from Valkyrie Profile to World Destruction (some Xenogears team members) to Square Enix's murder mystery RPG. All this made me think that perhaps even Konami could step up to release Suikoden VI on the DS. Looking at existing DS RPGs like Final Fantasy XII Revenant Wings and Final Fantasy CC Ring of Fates, Suikoden VI could be very impressive on the DS, and with such a RPG-heavy console, Suikoden VI would be right at home on the platform.
Futch

JUST ME AND THE OTHER BIG DUDES

125356 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sami wrote:
Thief wrote:
For being critically the better game, Suikoden V did sell less than Suikoden IV after all.

That was in the West. In Japan, they rated pretty much the same, which I think is fair and corresponds with my own opinion.

Lately, there have been a huge number of RPG announcements for the DS, from Valkyrie Profile to World Destruction (some Xenogears team members) to Square Enix's murder mystery RPG. All this made me think that perhaps even Konami could step up to release Suikoden VI on the DS. Looking at existing DS RPGs like Final Fantasy XII Revenant Wings and Final Fantasy CC Ring of Fates, Suikoden VI could be very impressive on the DS, and with such a RPG-heavy console, Suikoden VI would be right at home on the platform.

If that happens the series is dead to me. I don't like hand held consoles and I don't plan on owning one, ever.

I really, really hope that never happens.
Ikano

Prince Geass Falenas

2327939 Potch
1337 Soldiers
3028000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Suikoden 6 on handheld? They could make a spinoff like Suikoden Card Stories (GBA) or Suikoden 1&2 (PSP) but I don't think they're bold enough to make the whole series end up on the handhelds

And I think those are pretty bad examples...Final Fantasy has reached the point of being like a brand name that they'd still be in the positive no matter how they release a game

and World Destruction isn't a series yet...they can risk the venture...
(I don't know much about VP's release history so I can't comment on that)

but the issue here is to retain the greatest number of fans as possible...and jumping straight to the handheld doesn't seem like a bright idea....ESPECIALLY since Card Stories and Suiko1&2 (PSP) never was successful enough to leave Japan's shores.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden VI Speculation & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: