Suikoden Utopian and Irrational Kriegspiel Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
eXistence of Fly

Pointy Sticks & Ponies!

1156566 Potch
7700 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Tullaryx wrote:
Geopolitical themes aside the game is worth upgrading your PC for if you will be going that route. The weapons all-around are pretty balanced. Even picking up the weapons of the opponent force as a back-up won't lessen how well you fight. You'll actually be constantly trying to find the perfect pairing of primary and back-up weapon. I prefer the M60E machine gun, the G36C carbine and the P90 submachine gun during multiplayer.

In the campaign mode whatever weapon you're given in the beginning of the stage usually is pretty good enough to last through the whole stage. The weapons which have been set-up for you to use for each mission never put you at a disadvantage.

But that won't be it however, as much as the gameplay might be improved, and that weapons might be far more balanced, something I'm also iffy on since really I'm kind of weird in that I'll snipe with a bar and be more accurate with that then sniping with a scoped gewher or a rifle. What made it enjoyable was that really, the krouts were pricks and you wanted to kill them and drive them out of the areas you were taking, changing this to Al-Queda or other forms of terrorist organisations (for people like myself) then dulls the experience since you're effectively playing propaganda.

So while I would want to play it because I enjoy the gameplay aspect, the story aspect would shit me to tears if that was the case, so much so that should I fail it would be "eh oh well" and then I'd be out cash and a game would gather dust. So in saying that, how heavy are the political themes in it?

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, it's pretty much similar to GRAW-level. Really, the terrorism angle will be the new "it" plotline for modern shooters.

Gaien Magic Men

659144 Potch
850 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

In many ways the terrorists are stereotypical but it does'nt feel like a propoganda game. Its more like a shooter where terrorists just "happen" to be the enemies, instead of it being a load of terrorist and shooting them is just a means to getting to the end of the story. In many ways the plot of CoD4 is very much like an average episode of 24, its an unrealistic story taking place in a realistic setting, that does'nt downplay the enjoyment level but if you're worried about the enemies being less involving, I dont think you need to worry. Its really the fast paced action that really make it an enjoyable game.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: