Suikoden Ugly and Illusional Kriegspiel Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

A Real Hogwarts?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aesa

Those Who Slumber

427118 Potch
250 Soldiers
5 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 10:03 pm    Post subject: A Real Hogwarts? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Apparently so, as this one wiccan "high priest" won a lotto jackpot and putting a lot of it into this.

I personally find this taking things a bit too far, and also, copyright infringement anyone? Anyways, thoughts are welcome.

Video here
Story Here

The setting sun means the rise of a new day...
...excepting for Ragnarok, of course

~Tinto~
iscalio

1681589 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That rich witch is fat.

Real hog warts.
SolemnSound

Solemn Sound

330634 Potch
100 Soldiers
48 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

hmmm he is from Maryland huh? I wonder if he will open his school in Maryland >_>

AA

Spears of the Sand

366104 Potch
200 Soldiers
3121 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Iscalio wrote:
That rich witch is fat.

Obviously the powers that be don't like him that much.

I don't think it is copyright infringement on his behalf since it is really the media that is called it "Hogwarts" and i'm sure the magic he will be teaching will be quite different from turning yourself into a cat sort of stuff taught in the books.

I wonder how many people will attend to try and make fire shoot out of their hands? As far as i am concerned it's quite a harmless thing for him to do since from what i know of the Wicca they are more about positive thinking and self improvement than anything else.
Seraphblade

imaginary soldiers

935122 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I also wonder exactly how many students will actually attend his school. I don't think it's a good investment of his money, but hey that's what he likes to do. I'm a bit concerned about some people who are totally against his idea and would do anything to stop it.
Hawk Thanatos

Radical Dreamers

167582 Potch
43 Soldiers
1337 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Seraphblade wrote:
I'm a bit concerned about some people who are totally against his idea and would do anything to stop it.

I'm not. We really don't need a 'school' teaching this shit, the people who believe in witchcraft are dumb enough already.

Anyway, the Hogwarts reference is pretty inaccurate and like AA said, only made by the media anyway.
kuwaizair

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

they have catholic schools, why not wiccan schools?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Milan Fiori

Vanguard Elite

715991 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

kuwaizair wrote:

I was actually thinking this myself. Wiccan is indeed a religion with quite a few number of followers. I can only assume that they'll be teaching actual Wiccan history and rituals. Otherwise if it's witchcraft, or 'magic' where you lightning from your nose, I have to agree with Hawk. But Wiccan and Druidism has been around for such a long time, and has such a large impact even now a days with most of the major holidays originating from pagan holidays, I think this is a pretty good idea.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Oppenheimer

Les monsieurs de Narcisse

256470 Potch
0 Soldiers
1865 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

kuwaizair wrote:
Or better yet, do away with catholic schools and create a true separation of church and state.

1681589 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Milan Fiori wrote:
Wiccan is indeed a religion with quite a few number of followers. I can only assume that they'll be teaching actual Wiccan history and rituals. Otherwise if it's witchcraft, or 'magic' where you lightning from your nose, I have to agree with Hawk. But Wiccan and Druidism has been around for such a long time, and has such a large impact even now a days with most of the major holidays originating from pagan holidays, I think this is a pretty good idea.

Wicca is not old at all, Milan, nor did it have any impact on culture. It was invented around 50-80 years ago. While it likes to claim that it follows ancient traditions of witchcraft and paganism at least the latter is just not true. It is an affront to ancient paganism to identify it with the various neopagan new-age movements and cults of today. The similarities are minimal, the differences enormous.
Scarlet Assassin

Disciples of Death

331436 Potch
0 Soldiers
2442517 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oppenheimer wrote:
kuwaizair wrote:
Or better yet, do away with catholic schools and create a true separation of church and state.

Come on Op. The Catholic schools are independently funded in US. I can't imagine you didn't know that. So tell me how they are infringing upon the separation.

Also, iscalio, thanks for explaining wicca so I didn't have to.

As far as this wiccan school nonsense goes, I'm just happy it's not opening up anywhere near me. Wicca tends to attract every human being I've ever wanted to avoid in my life.

Chief of Beat-em-up Honeys Division, Devoted Protector of Lady Tifa Lockhart
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Aesa

Those Who Slumber

427118 Potch
250 Soldiers
5 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Haha, indeed they do. I personally think that while I'd like to be able to walk the halls of a "hogwarts" replica, it just wouldn't be the same, and while I think people are entitled to think and believe in whatever the heck they want, Wicca seems to be one of the stranger beliefs.

The setting sun means the rise of a new day...
...excepting for Ragnarok, of course

~Tinto~
Sophita

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Cathoilic schools indeed recieve virtually no federal funding in the United States, so it's not really a n issue about separation of church and state.

I won't knock his religion (though I personally arne't big into wicca, or any other religion for that matter) but I think this will be a waste of his money. The money he'll have to pay out to J.K Rowling's lawyers if he does indeed make a facsimile of Hogwarts is probably even more than his earnings.

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
blueflame

Blue Rookies

294148 Potch
4022 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think he mentioned something about not calling it hogwarts besides I doubt it is the same as hogwarts. I know someone from that religion and they seem really different. They do rituals whereas in hogwarts its automatic. I don't think its wrong or weird. If there are catholic schools, why can't their be wiccan schools right? They just want to spread the word or message of their religion to the world :).

I don't think its a waste of money either since they believe in whatever wiccan believes in, why not give money for it? I mean if they do that, then they know their god or gods will be happy with them.

Demon King's Ambition

41 Potch
1150 Soldiers
25 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Honestly? I think it's a very bad idea and is only going to end up leading to more intolerant related crimes from both fields. I don't have any problem with the idea of a Wiccan school, but I can;t really see it leading to anything more than trouble.

To relive those Halcyon days of youth
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Community Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: