Suikoden Uncanny and Inspirational Kriegspiel Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Games Most Played/Completed/To Finish/To Start
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Goldy

Kooluk Companions

543627 Potch
467 Soldiers
4141829 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 10:25 am    Post subject: Games Most Played/Completed/To Finish/To Start Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

So what game or games in your collection have you played and completed/finished the most?

What games in your collection have you to finish?

And what games in your collection you have yet to play?

My Most Played and Completed/Finished Games (i wont list them all, just the top five or so)
Final Fantasy VII - played about 7 times
Suikoden I, II and III - played 5 times each (currently playing through them again)
Final Fantasy X - played about 4 times
(As for the rest in my collection, i have played them at least once or twice.)

Games to Finish
Alundra I
Vangard Bandits
Vandal Hearts I
Valkyrie Profile
Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne
The Bard's Tale

Games to Start
Alundra II
Vandal Hearts II
Legend of Mana
Ys 6: The Ark of Napishtim (when it arrives in the post)

I find it pretty hard to get in some quality gaming time so it takes me at least a couple of weeks or a couple of months to actually play through a game.

Last edited by Goldy on Tue Oct 09, 2007 5:19 am; edited 2 times in total
Vincent Chase

1st H.A.C - Spread Your Love

314554 Potch
0 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Good thread, it'd be nice to learn just who is obsessive about what. I'm not going to include games that can be beaten in a few hours, just because that would be a little slanted.

1) Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time: > 40 times, including the three heart challenge (no heart pieces/containers, no deaths) nine times and files where I did absolutely everything to do three times. I love that game.

2) Chrono Cross (New Game +): About 30 times on the NG+. I still am missing a few characters (4), but I have all sorts of insane elements and weapons and accessories. I have rainbow weapons for about 25 characters, three Dreamer's Sarongs, well over 50 Dragoon Gauntlets and 20 Power seals. I've also four times broken the eight hour barrier for beating the New Game +, three of them between 7:30-8:00 and one anomaly that when I was done read 6:03.

3) LUNAR 2: Eternal Blue: Six times, not including the one where I got to Zophar and couldn't level up anymore to beat him. All of the other times I did the Chiro Mongrel Trick and got to lv. 99 and beat him with ease (hint hint: If you want to build levels fast early in the game you can in Azado fighting the fireballs. Kill them all, go to the temple and go back into town to find them repopulated)

4) Final Fantasy VII: Four times, beaten both weapons once each, and mastered all materia. in one file I have a perfect game with 99:99, six gold chocobos, three copies each of KotR, Final Attack, Full Cure, Mime and 4x cut. Sephiroth lasts about a round against my superteam; Cloud, Cid and Yuffie at lv. 99 with all my master materia and their ultimate weapons.

5) Kirby's Dreamland (NES): I think this was what it was called. I beat it about four times. It was the cool one, released like three years after I thought they stopped making NES games, he could suck in enemies and turn into them, and it had the best graphics and gameplay the series has ever seen. One of the most underrated platformers.

Games to finish now...and there are a few I have at home. An *asterisk is placed beside ones I plan to buy, ones without an * are ones I have waiting for me.

~ Star Ocean: Till the end of Time (started in feb.)
~ Suikoden IV
~ Chrono Cross, again...
~ Lord of the Rings: Third Age (started in jan.)
~ God of War*
~ Devil May Cry III*

Other than rentals I never leave games unfinished permanently. Many times I've put down one of my most beaten games for a couple of months, but I always return to complete the job. Oh wait...I never completed Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles but usually keep that quite for the sake of good taste.
Sage

The Invincible Weeds

803820 Potch
0 Soldiers
2 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Most played/completed:
Final Fantasy VI
Chrono Trigger
Final Fantasy IV
Secret of Mana
I don't keep track really, but these are the ones for sure top my list. Everything else is only 1-3 times.

To finish:
Xenogears
Wild ARMs
Star Ocean: Till the End of Time

To start:
Unlimited Saga
Galerians
Brave Fencer Musashi
Parasite Eve II
These are more precisely, the ones I haven't started, but want to start. I have several I got "free" with something else and I don't really want to play them.

Hope to buy someday:
Xenosaga II
Devil May Cry III

0 Potch
50 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hot Ice, you scare me.

I've about a million games to finish and start. Games I've played to hell and back would be

Suikoden 1 around ten times (it's not hard with how short it is)
Suikoden 2 around ten times (and I still find new things!)
FF6 around ten times (I was big into this when I was young. I even played a perfect game where I got EVERYTHING)
FFT around ten times (this game has unlimited replay cause because of the sheer amount of customization). Best Tactical RPG even imo.
Mairio 64 around (you guessed it) ten times. And I'm so sick of it I never want to play it again.
fuji

9643133 Potch
16500 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 1:49 am    Post subject: Re: Game Most Played & Completed/Games To Finish/Games T Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Most played would be FFX, FFT and Star Ocean 3. In FFT I did the stat maxing trick by levelling up and levelling down, then levelling up again, rinse, repeat; ended up with a perfect file. In FFX I cleared the sphere grid and replaced each sphere so that they were either +4 or HP/MP, max stats 255 and the rest health/magic -- perfect file. Star Ocean 3 is just a huge game, working on perfect file...

Most completed:
FF6, Suikoden 2, Suikoden 3, RoTK VIII (perfect file which means I beat it many times).

Need to finish:
Devil May Cry 3, Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne, Valkyrie Profile, Gran Turismo 4, Xenosaga II, Dragon Warrior VII

Need to start:
Metal Gear Solid 3, Dark Cloud 2

___ "That's not much"

"It's enough"
lunar shadows

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My most played rpg game would be Arc the lad: twilight of the spirit. I'm in my 4th round of it. I know a lot of people hated it, but I really liked the game a lot. I liked the new game+, playing as Darc, and getting all the bonuses.

-SPOILER-

I always pick Darc when you combine forces with human and demois. However, I have fought both as the human and deimos when you choose which side to fight on(you know the part at the end when you are either Kargs side or Darcs side, then you play one and fight the other).

I also liked playing as Choco and Deibeck, even though they can be hard and tedious to obtain and have little to do with the story. However, I still think they rock!

My sister has a friend who has played Chrono Cross literally over 70+ times!
Daniel Blackhand

siswai'aman Brotherhood of Pain

330059 Potch
0 Soldiers
5731866 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My most played games:

FF III on the SNES
Suikoden II
FF IX
Super Tecmo Bowl
And all the way back to the NES Super Mario Bros

Games I still need to beat:

FFX
Star Ocean Till the End of Time
Tactics Ogre
FF Tactics Advanced
Phantasy Star Collection all 3 games
Kingdom Hearts

Games I need to start still:

FFX-2

There are others but they escape me right now.

Blue Moon

19500 Potch
0 Soldiers
666 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Game Most Played:

Final Fantasy Tactics - I've beaten this game every way possible including not changing jobs and while wearing women's underwear. I don't know the exact number of times I've played through it, but I'd guess it's somewhere in the neighborhood of fifteen.

To a lesser extent: Suikoden I (6), Suikoden II (6), Suikoden III (5), Final Fantasy VI (2), and Final Fantasy VII (at least 5).

Games to Finish:

Disgaea - I've been playing this game for a month now and I crossed 50 hours played this morning. Sounds real huh? Well I haven't passed chapter 6 yet and I'm curious as to how many chapters there are. I've been spending all my time in item world levelling up weapons because that's just fun.

Games to Start:

I have a lot of games that I've bought that I've never played yet:

Legaia II
Xenosaga II
.hack// 4
Dark Cloud I
Dark Cloud II
Breath of Fire IV
La Pucelle Tactics
Saga Frontier II

I believe that is all of them. I don't ever play more than one game at a time and that's because I'm weird.

Sol Ciel

472542 Potch
200 Soldiers
62 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My most played game is Seiken densetsu 3. In US Secret of Manas, it's "Secret of Mana 2" for the famicom. Sadly the game never made it here to the U.S. I've beat it 23 times in total mainly because someone keeps defragging the computer without backing up my save files. Ugh.

Anyway, I've played Kevin, Duran, Lise, Angela, Carlie, and Hawk using every single one of their classes. (secondary and tertiary) After experimenting with all their classes, I replayed the game using teams/classes that complimented each other. I also beat the three different last bosses and their henchmen. This is the only game outside of Suikoden 2 that I was truly obsessed with.

Rangers Of Mielikki

250081 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah Seiken densetsu 3 is quite the good game, Ced The Lad, I enjoy playing it a lot too. I used to always wish Squaresoft (since it was back in the day) would have released Final Fantasy 3 (ala Final Fantasy Chronicles) with either Secret of Mana or Seiken densetsu 3, hey or even both would have been nice. But of course that dream never happened. Anyhow...

Games Most Played:

Suikoden 1 - Probably close to/over ten times at least. But hey who is counting with this great game, again and again is never really enough.

Streets of Rage series (Genesis) - Really sweet games to play over and over again on the various difficulty levels. I also enjoy playing Beats of Rage, and XBOX port.

Vandal Hearts: Such a gem and one of my all time favorite TRPG's mostly because it started it all for me for games of this genre. Living in Australia we didn't really have that many Strategy RPG's back in the day (and still don't) so it is not that surprising that this was my first TRPG. I think I have almost finished this game as many times as Suikoden.

Games To Finish: ...this forum would glitch and destroy the universe as we know it if I listed ALL the games I own that I have to finish. Let us just say there is probably fifty or more games on each console/game system I own that I have yet to completely finish right to the end. But I shall just list a few I hope to finish soon:

-Silent Hill 3,4
-Devil May Cry 2 (so I can start DMC 3 when my copy arrives)
-Dead to Rights (so I can start DTR 2)
-Suikoden 1/2/3/4 Suikothon
-Grandia 1/2/Xtreme/Parrallel Trippers Grandia-thon (so I am hyped for Grandia 3)

Games To Start:
-Jade Empire
-Star Wars Republic Commando
-Tenchu Fatal Shadows
-Lunar Legend
-Pokemon...HAHAHA yeah right, maybe when a game is released like as Soul Caliber but you are the Master Chief from Halo and you get to slaughter Pokemon in a very gruesome manner. Thought that might get some laughs...
Neclord

The Spectral Nightmares

163602 Potch
2 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I always finish a game before I start a new one so I do not have any yet to finish but the one I am currently working on .hack//outbreak. (Yeah I know about time)

Games I have completed the most. Funny I just partly discussed this in the grasslands.

(numbers are approximate)

1.) Suikoden II: about 25-30 times
2.) Romance of the Three Kingdomes VIII: 20 or more.
3.) Suikoden I: I just finished my 17th last week.
4.) Final Fantasy X: 15 times
5.) Suikoden III: 13 times

You must not fear death, my lads; defy him, and you drive him into the enemy's ranks.
~ Napoleon Bonaparte
Keriaku

Angels' Requiem

114115 Potch
0 Soldiers
1 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Games To Finish

(To many to count, but I'll list some I can remember)
Wild Arms 3
Final fantasy 2
Final Fantasy 5
Final Fantasy 7
Final Fantasy 9
Parasite Eve
Star Ocean 2
Star Ocean 3
Legend of Mana
Grandia
Grandia 2
Xenosaga
Shadow Hearts: Covenant
Disgaea: Hour of Darkness
Phantom Brave

Games To Start

Parasite Eve 2
Xenosaga 2
Planetarian
Thousands Arms
Earthquake923

SB90's Mechanized Monsters

179201 Potch
0 Soldiers
778121 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Completed:
Final Fanasy 6
Phantasy Star 2
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Kohaku

Red Veil

309182 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My Most Played and Completed/Finished Games :
Vandal Hearts 1 - About 20 times
Suikoden I, II and III - 7 times, 10 times, and 3 times
FF9 - About 5 times
Tactics Ogre, Ogre Battle - about 9 and twelve times
Chrono Cross & Trigger - 4 times and 3 times

Games to Finish
Star Ocean II - Cave of Trials and Indalecio battle
Final Fantasy 8 - Final Battle
Xenosaga II
Shining Tears
Legend of Mana

The Executors of Harmonian Order

35712 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wow ummm I am going to have such a large list it wont make sense for me to post my reasons why I have or havent finished them yet. But anyways I might as well get started on my two lists as I have played all the games I own, just havent finished some yet.

Finished games:
Final Fantasy seven through ten: Ranging from twice to about six different times.
Suikoden two through four: I have beaten them all though only once each for number three and number four. I have played and beaten the first game but I dont own it.
Star Wars KOTOR 1&2: I have beaten both games as both Good and Evil.
Star Ocean two and three: Once each.
Onimusha 1: Twice
Harvest Moon STH: Once. Once is enough for that matter.
There are others that I cant recall right now as some are Super Nintendo games and Nintendo games and that would simply be complete overkill of this list. Speaking of overkill....

Unfinished games:
Jade Empire
Dynasty Warriors 5 (depends on what you term as finished)
Wild Arms 3
Several Racing style games that I dont feel like listing.
Gladius
Shadow of Rome
Drakengard
Onimusha 2
Prince of Persia
La Pucelle Tactics

You know what I have such a myriad of games to list im just going to cut both lists short at this point and just say that there are A LOT of them. I really need to get going on finishing some of my unfinished games which I will eventually just not right now.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: