Suikoden Uncanny and Illegal Kriegspiel Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

What was your WORST gaming moment?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tendou Souji

CLIMAX JUMP!

758170 Potch
2000 Soldiers
2225 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 4:39 am    Post subject: What was your WORST gaming moment? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm sorry if this topic had already existed.Anyways, what has been your worst gaming moment that has haunted you till today and still are making people laugh at you when they remember it?
Goldy

Kooluk Companions

543627 Potch
467 Soldiers
4141829 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You know i dont think i have ever had a worst gaming moment, but i have had alot of annoying gaming moments like losing a race/fight against slower/weaker opponants and what not.
Dakota

Protectors of the Deeper Well

1300636 Potch
69 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Some people wonder why I DTA well heres te COLD HARD FACTs yo!

Game:RuneScape

1 year ago I was playing Runescape with 3 guys I traveled with them for a few weeks and I trusted them & was willing to defen them no matter what, well on that faithful day the 4 of us decided to go 2 the wilderness and look for money & dropped items well I was following them and noticed something a small group of ppl were waiting for us or more likely ME....they trapped me & beat the tar out of me. I will nvr forget the hurt I felt.
Weyoun

Jem'Hadar

221521 Potch
100 Soldiers
5 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I havnt had any in Suikoden yet, but here is one:

RuneScape:

I was camped out near a farm, keep in mind never left any of mt items in the bank, i was following this guy that wanted to trade with me and this Highway man came out of nowhere and just started beating me up, and i only had 3 HP left after i fough the farmer. Im still have not been able to regain everything i lost and learned a good lesson: Put things in the bank!!!! Which i now do.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Tonberry

The Tonberry Eggsperience

1819401 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I was playing Suikoden III. I was playing the Thomas story and I got Game Overed by the stupid invincible Zexen Knights. I then hit continue and for some reason Hugo appeared on the screen and it loaded Flame Champion Hideaway. I hadn't saved in the longest time. I got so mad, I turned the game off and didn't return to the game for a few weeks.
Kurt Angle

Lunar Dragon

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

One of my worst gaming moments had to be when I beat Zophar on Lunar 2: Eternal Blue and I went for one of the quests in the Epilouge and forgot to save. Well I got gamed over and had to do the battle all over again. It took me about five or six more times just to defeat him again.

Crimson Icarus

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I remember I was playing through Lunar(Silver Story) and i played straight through the whole entire day. I think i was sick and home from school or something and had nothing better to do. I get to the end and I'm fighting against the Magic Emperor guy and I'm just about to beat him.

Then my cat was like walking around my room and pressed the power button on the old playstation. I got so mad I think i chased the cat around the house for like 2 hours. I didn't play Lunar for like a week and then finally passed it ofcourse. But i was bitter all the way through when i was playing.
Earthquake923

SB90's Mechanized Monsters

179201 Potch
0 Soldiers
778121 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Not that this has to do with Suikoden really. My friends and I were playing Mortal Kombat collection, and one of us was hit by Liu's bicycle kick. The guy that got hit was complaining about the damage done, and I said it wasn't much. But he said it was psychological.
Aesa

Those Who Slumber

427118 Potch
250 Soldiers
5 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Please don't hate me for this: I was at my friends house playing Halo and I kept respawning right next to him and getting shot in the head, that was until I jumped away when I respawned....

The setting sun means the rise of a new day...
...excepting for Ragnarok, of course

~Tinto~
Sage

The Invincible Weeds

803820 Potch
0 Soldiers
2 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Nothing specific sticks out in my mind, but there have many a time when I've forgotten to save for a while and then screwed up something and either died or wanted to reset. I also got into the habit of after putting a disc into a playstation to hit the power button. Well, you can imagine what happens when I change discs in a game. Luckily, if you hold it down and don't release, it won't turn off. So I've played a couple games one-handed until I could save.

Rangers Of Mielikki

250081 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

When I was playing Red Faction for the first time at a friends place many years ago, he was an expert at the game so to speak, and I got to the level where you escaped Capek's Zoo of sorts, and came to a part where there was heaps of ice and a river underneath at the bottom of a large cavern. He told me that ice in this game was a lot like glass, and if I jumped onto it, it would simply shatter. So (even though my mind knew what would probably happen) I took a leap of faith to meet my splattering demise...

But don't feel bad for me, because when a little game called Halo came out, I was the expert and none of my friends could ever defeat me in multiplayer. So I battled my friend and killed him every time I versed him, never suffering a defeat. And one time in co-op I hit him with my gun from behind, killing him instantly, plus I ran him over with a tank a few times...
Goldy

Kooluk Companions

543627 Potch
467 Soldiers
4141829 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ok i thought of a worst gaming moment, if you could call it that.
A good couple of months ago I was playing through Arc The Lad Twilight of the Spirits all weekend and was nearing the end of the game, so i decided to save to have a break for something to eat, so i saved right at the end of one chapter and the start of another (you know where you see a pic of either Kharg or Darc and it prompts you to save). So i did that, powered off my PS2. So later when i came back i powered up my PS2, hit continue and i am told that there is no game save! That p***ed me off so much that it took me a couple of months to go back to it and play throught to the end.
LordRidley

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well I have two.

The first one is I was playing a street fighter game when I was like seven, and I was one hit away, with half my hit-points and I loss. I threw the remote down and a part fell off. All I can do now is laugh and say anger management.

The second one wasn't my fault, but was the scariest. I was playing Disgaea on the PS2 when my cat came running by. She got snagged on the cord, and the PS2 went flying. Luckily there was no damaged done.

Thank you kuwaizair for the signature banner.
Sai Fujiwara

Executors of Divine Providence

22038 Potch
0 Soldiers
5678 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Um... This is really sad, and I should not admit this... BUT, my worst gaming moment was playing NHL 94... I got mad and kicked the TV... Hard... The TV then struck the back of the wall, and the color on it went all funky greenish... Not fixable, as it was pretty darn old... At least that was the saving grace of it.

lol I shouldn't have admitted to that, but heck, I think I was something like 11 or 12 at the time, so it's somewhat excusable, right?

(No, I wouldn't kick my pretty Sony Trinitron Flat-Screen in my room... NOT FLAT PANEL, Flat Screen... God, what I wouldn't do for a plasma... *drools*)

Ok, well.... On a more recent note, this one came two or three years ago... It was my pre-Suikoden playing days, as I was still living in the basement at the time. The source of my frustration was Star Fox Adventures. A horrendus game, that I basically beat ONLY because I had spent fifty frickin' dollars on it, and well... Caused me a lot of frustration. The crappyness of it drove me insane, as I had to struggle to do these silly tasks, and control Fox in that hell of a 3-D world... (Ugh, games like Super Mario 64 make me sick.) ANYWAY, I got mad, and threw my controller around... like a fool. lol If I remember correctly, I liked smacking it on my knee, which would hurt myself a lot... Yeah, you guys don't see it in here, but I tend to have a bad temper... Especially with video games, because I have a tendancy to take them really seriously.

Well, throwing it around broke the L (or R) button on the GameCube controller... Since then, I've come to realize that the GameCube is good for two things. Metroid Prime, and Super Smach Bros.

Read and laugh at my insanity. I won't deny that it's a little embarassing to admit that, considering that it's just a frickin' game... But, honestly! I'm not a raving psycho! :mrgreen:

Happily Married to the Lovely Lady Chris Lightfellow! :D
Crono

Something Wicked

162570 Potch
200 Soldiers
40 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well I have had many frusturating moments, like losing a battle without saving for awhile and stuff like that, but I think I'll use Diablo II for this.

In my D2 days I only played hardcore, which means when your character dies, they are gone for good. So one day I was doing item runs with my level 85 amazon, and this girl was SET UP. I'm talking the best of the best equipment, on her and in the inventory/stash. I was only in NIGHTMARE, not even the hardest setting, when I lagged out during a Mephisto run. When I reconnected, a look of horror and disgust crossed my face as the ghost of my godly amazon stared back at me from the computer screen. Needless to say I was pretty pissed off after that, but later that night I drank myself into a stupor to wash away my sorrows. :lol:
We have an urge to kill
And our lust for blood has to be fulfilled
We'll fight 'till the end, and send our enemies straight to hell!"
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: