Suikoden Ugly and Irenic Karma Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Favourite Music Genre & Currently Listening Thread!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vince Muerto

The Cool Guy Regiment

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hey I like the White Stripes too.

I have been listening to Coheed and Cambria the most lately. I got hooked a little while ago and can't stop listening to them.

I have also been listening to Streetlight Manifesto a lot. They are a really good ska-punk band.

Others listened to lately are Fear Before the March of Flames, The Blood Brothers, The Number Twelve Looks Like You, The Plot to Blow up the Eiffel Tower, Shai Hulud, Circle Takes the Square, and The Bled
Darko

Spell to Bind Forever

235341 Potch
0 Soldiers
5809 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The Mars Volta is awesome! I actually just bought their Frances The Mute album a few weeks ago. It's pretty good. My mom walked in while I was listening to L'Via L'Viaquez and she goes "I thought you did like Spanish music". I was laughing. It's weird but I think she liked it...lol...weirdo. As a matter of fact she doesn't mind my music at all. She can't stand my brother's choice of music though (Korn, Slipknot...*gag*).

I forgot about Muse. I liked them a lot a while back although some of their songs are a little overrated...when I bought their Absolution CD I was surprised at their variety in sound. I had no idea they had that many songs that were so...calm and quiet. I like it.

My friend actually lent me her At the Drive in CD last year but I never got around to listening to it. At one of the school football games she yelled from across the bleachers "LISTEN TO AT THE DRIVE IT!! IT'LL CHANGE YOUR LIFE!! :mrgreen: ". lol...So I did and was not disappointed I gotta say...They're not one of my favorites but I listen to them once in a while though.

I haven't been listening to anything new for a while now...just kinda popping in one of my old CD and reminiscing...maybe you guys can recommend something? :wink:

RIP Gabriel J. Figueroa 1987-2007
Its A Catapult

Arcarsenal

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

At The Drive In is overrated...yet...my "unit name" is Arcarsenal....an ATDI song...lol

You know..2 guys in ATDI started The Mars Volta..and the other 3 started Sparta...

If you like TMV I suggest The Sound of Animals Fighting...and possibly The Fall of Troy...but they are alot heavier...

anyway...I've been listening to Grüvis Malt, 311, Coheed and Cambria, and The Fall of Troy lately...
Vince Muerto

The Cool Guy Regiment

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I like At The Drive In better than the Mars Volta. The Mars Volta is more overrated than ATDI is these days. I liked Deloused Ok, but I really don't care for Frances the Mute and its five minutes of random noise in between each song. I always have to skip through 3 minutes of the track or so before the song even starts.
Its A Catapult

Arcarsenal

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

yeah, i think i mentioned that to you awhile ago...über-annoying
Darko

Spell to Bind Forever

235341 Potch
0 Soldiers
5809 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Agreed. That can get tedious. Wonder who thought of that...and what they were thinking. The first time I heard it I thought it added a little bit of creepiness and was unique from anything I had heard before...but then it just sounded like random noises playing over and over and over...shut up! The songs are extremely long too because of it. But I don't think it's overrated at all...it's actually quite unknown from what I know. At The Drive In on the other hand has a much larger fan-base. Both good bands though in my opinion. It's good to know there's people in this forum that know the music I know and can talk about it. :mrgreen:

RIP Gabriel J. Figueroa 1987-2007
Its A Catapult

Arcarsenal

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, really...

It was tolerable on the first album and really only an annoyance on 1 song...

On Frances The Mute it's like every song is drawn out far too long because of that. Really, noone I know actually LIKES that crap...which leads me they did it to annoy us on purpose...lol

moss2

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess I just think TMV is more overrated because all my friends act like they're the best thing ever made. Not so much with ATDI though.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Media All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: