Suikoden Urgent and Infamous Kosher Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Favourite Music Genre & Currently Listening Thread!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Destiny's Warrior

Mercenarios of Destino

17251 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Pinball Wizard ~ The Who (Great song)

Rockin' all over the world ~ Status Quo (Another great song)

Great gig in the sky ~ Pink Floyd (Piece of musical genious)
Teioh

Heavenfang

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I listen mainly metal and VGM, sometimes doujin music. Bands like Nightwish, Sonata Arctica and Rhapsody. Currently I'm listening Nightwish, and the song is Kuolema Tekee Taiteilijan

Cheesier Monsters!

5500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Gafsa- Natacha Atlas
I love this song! I think it's in arabic.
Also, Lacuna Coil. Good band!

Kooluk Companions

543627 Potch
467 Soldiers
4141829 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Matt Darey - Decades
Vincent Chase

1st H.A.C - Spread Your Love

314554 Potch
0 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Destiny's Warrior said:
Quote:
Pinball Wizard ~ The Who (Great song)

Rockin' all over the world ~ Status Quo (Another great song)

Great gig in the sky ~ Pink Floyd (Piece of musical genious)

Heh, you have nice taste. I was listening to Great Gig in the Sky ten minutes ago, and if I get started on The Who I won't ever stop, so I won't :)

A CD that everyone needs to pick up is Working Class Hero - The Definitive Lennon. Without a doubt the greatest of the Beatles and possibly the best songwriter of all time, this compilation is absolutely necessary. It's two disc, and has 19 tracks on each disc, that's 18 more than his last one, Legend, and much less than the excessive 94-track Anthology, and though at times it veers into Yoko Ono territory, it's still classic, a perfect-sized hit of everything Lennon.
Mukumuku

The Flying Squirrel Batallion of Tinto

10000 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I love all types of music (except country)

I must say I don't have a favorite song because but I have a favorite band NIRVANA!!!

Smells like teen spirt
Rape me
about a girl
come as you are
lithium
in bloom
Heart-Shaped-Box
Dumb
all apologies
The man who sold the world(written by David bowie but song by Kurt)

One of those is my favorite but i can't deciede
Darko

Spell to Bind Forever

235341 Potch
0 Soldiers
5809 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ah, a Nirvana fan. A lot of my friends are crazy about them. My favorite bands right now are

Social Distortion
Rise Against
Avenged Sevenfold
AFI
Hawthorne Heights
Thrice
The Misfits
The Bravery

I like a lot of other bands but I don't own any of their cd's so I can say they're my favorites. I'm pretty much happy listening to any type a music unless it's "Rancheras" and Country music. I just don't like them. I'm also very partial to music from the 80's and 90's mostly.

RIP Gabriel J. Figueroa 1987-2007
Masaya

Flying Fusillades

222963 Potch
75 Soldiers
3635 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

lol I was dragged to Lollapalooza darko.. if you like the Bravery, I can brag to you I saw them live..even though i wasn't the proudist to go see them. There were other band there that did alot better....The Pixies were there and they were amazing..

Actually right now I"m randomly listening to "Rope's End" by The Hollow Points.. dont' ask.. I just kind of feel like it.. and I'm really in that kind of mood I guess..

After that I'm probally going to be putting in maybe Dir en Grey... I really have come back to like them. Even though they are alot bunch of "Coc Rock". I still like some of the songs ^^. Anyways.. I'm not sure if I can link stuff.. but I really suggest checking out these bands for me :)

http://www.myspace.com/thedeadromance

http://www.myspace.com/solidarity

I didn't link them because you have to log into myspace in the first place to actually view them.. it's a free subscribe so if anything join just to check out these bands :-P.

CLIMAX JUMP!

758170 Potch
2000 Soldiers
2225 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I usually only like a certain song out of a band/singer, with not liking the band/singer, but only the song. However, there are some bands that I like:

Queen, Beatles, L'arc En Ciel, Black-Eyed Peas, etc.
Darko

Spell to Bind Forever

235341 Potch
0 Soldiers
5809 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

*laugh* I was dragged to Lollapalooza darko.. if you like the Bravery, I can brag to you I saw them live..even though i wasn't the proudist to go see them

What?!! How could you be DRAGGED to Lollapalooza?! Consider yourself blessed! YARGH! I wanted to go so bad! :x Yeah...the Bravery doesn't perform well...that's the downfall to live music...you love the song on your CD player but when you hear it live...it sound like crap! I guess they get nervous or something. I mean there's a big difference between recording in a studio with a few people and your band mates and performing for thousands on stage...Bless their souls... :(

Anyway, did you have fun...you better say you had fun or so help me God...*shakes fist* :x You're into pretty obscure bands aren't you Masaya. That's cool...I respect that. Bands that get to hyped up go down the drain after a while... I don't know maybe they get big heads or something...I will definitely check out those bands from myspace when I have some time.

Axis wrote:

Quote:

I usually only like a certain song out of a band/singer, with not liking the band/singer, but only the song. However, there are some bands that I like

Yeah that happens to me a lot too. I may like 1 song from the entire album so it's a waste if I buy the whole CD if I only like one song. Pssst...let me tell you a something...sometimes I trick my friends into buying the CD so they can burn me a copy...Muahahahahaha!! :twisted: But I only take advantage of the rich kids... they have money to throw around...so they deserve it...he he he... :twisted:

RIP Gabriel J. Figueroa 1987-2007
Masaya

Flying Fusillades

222963 Potch
75 Soldiers
3635 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

What?!! How could you be DRAGGED to Lollapalooza?! Consider yourself blessed! YARGH! I wanted to go so bad! Yeah...the Bravery doesn't perform well...that's the downfall to live music...you love the song on your CD player but when you hear it live...it sound like crap! I guess they get nervous or something. I mean there's a big difference between recording in a studio with a few people and your band mates and performing for thousands on stage...Bless their souls...

Hahah.. dont' get my wrong though, I had a blast at lollapallooza!! I'm into alot of indie music aswell so I'm not only into that "obsure" stuff.. It's true, I don't like music that alot of people would generally consider taboo.. but I also couldn't not love the Pixies.. a odd part of that show was Billy Idol was there...all I have to say is wow.. he must be getting old...I guess if I die at the age of 18, I can die saying I saw Billy Idol live in concert.. haha blah... The spoons were pretty good, so where the dandy warholes (spelling?)...generally I dont' like "The Arcade Fire" But they played a VERY good live show.. probally one fo the best performances over the course of those two days. Weezer played a pretty good set too.. for the fact they only played a few of our new songs, and played all music from their first and second ablums way back in the day when I was in middle school and actually listened to them.. it was quite a weird trip down memory lane. Lets see... the Kaiser Cheifs were amazing, the singer was very good at live shows... they held a great performance which is very difficult becuase they were one of the first bands to play early morning the first day..and I guess they have to set the pace and excitement level for the rest of the bands...and that was a very tough thing to do on 100-105 degree temperature days.

Lets see.. righ tnow I"m listening to...

Jawbreaker... not many people have heard about Jawbreaker so I'm not going to go into them. I suggest looking them up. They broke up a while ago so nothing news goign to come out.. but your lucky if you can get ahold of some of their old stuff.. it's amazing.

I was listening to sonic youth the other day... wow they're getting kind of old aswell.. I remember seeing them at First Avenue.. they played a very very good show.. Jeeze I havn't been to First Ave. in a long time... I need to road back there sometime soon...Christmas break perhaps!!

Arcarsenal

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Drummsta wrote:

Also, Lacuna Coil. Good band!

I've met them a couple times. Had a beer with them in their dressing room 8-)

Cristina Scabbia is SO.FREAKING.GORGEOUS! She's really tiny too...All of the guys were seriously cool as well...Amazing band. Much better than their American Rip-offs Evanescence.

Since I write for a music website The Underground Scene music is like a HUGE part of my life and my list is lonnggggg from a few different genres...

Pearl Jam
TOOL
Lacuna Coil
BoySetsFire
Grüvis Malt
Coheed and Cambria
Smashing Pumpkins
Beloved
Thursday
Circa Survive
Opeth
Katatonia
The Gathering
dredg
The Mars Volta
Bear Vs. Shark
Taproot
Funeral For A Friend
Rush
Pink Floyd
.hopesfall
Cave In
Codeseven
Days of The New
Armor For Sleep
Gavin Castleton
Helmet
Failure
Soundgarden
Alice in Chains
Radiohead
A Static Lullaby
GlassJAw

I could go on for awhile...

I saw someone mention Incubus and their shortcomings...I WILL agree with you to a point...Incubus' first 2 full albums "Fungus Amongus" and "S.C.I.E.N.C.E." are awesome. The latter being my favorite album ever. However, look up the word "Sell out" in the dictionary and Incubus would be right there as a definition. They had a ton of potential they wasted by totally selling out and writing a crap radio album like "Make Yourself" and the subsequent albums...
Masaya

Flying Fusillades

222963 Potch
75 Soldiers
3635 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm not going to say much other than, alot of those bands are very "Underground" I mean actually they're quiet popular as far as I know.. or from friends and Ect.. Hell Mars Volta? They're very indie rock.. I guess they're sort of a undergound cause I knwo there not signed.. Actually have of those bands you listned mabye more some of them are signed bands which makes them not very underground.. but infact really really popular.. but oh well.. didn't say I didn't like some of the bands.. I finally got to hear BoysetFire.. I can say I liked them alot.

Arcarsenal

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Masaya wrote:
I'm not going to say much other than, alot of those bands are very "Underground" I mean actually they're quiet popular as far as I know.. or from friends and Ect.. Hell Mars Volta? They're very indie rock.. I guess they're sort of a undergound cause I knwo there not signed.. Actually have of those bands you listned mabye more some of them are signed bands which makes them not very underground.. but infact really really popular.. but oh well.. didn't say I didn't like some of the bands.. I finally got to hear BoysetFire.. I can say I liked them alot.

BSF are awesome guys too, totally chill which is what you wouldn't expect.

The Mars Volta...gotta remember that's two-fifths of At.The.Drive-in(the other 3 members formed Sparta)...ATDI was getting pretty big before their "indefinite hiatus"

and yeah...we only have the name cuz thats ho we started out....with underground bands, but naturally they get bigger and we stick with them...but you still wont see them on MTV or something, but still have big followings in the "underground scene"...so...I guess it can be said thru that...lol
Viktor2008

Army of Hades

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I am a fan of alot of music. I basicly like it all except rap, and hiphop. I really hate that music. My favorite band are:

Johnny Cash, Conway Twitty, Lorreta Lynn, Hank Williams Sr., Hank Williams Jr., John Denver, Alabama, Charlie Daniels, Nitty Gritty Band, Brad Paisley, Trace Adkins, Tracy Bird, Waylon Jennings, Johnny Paycheck, Willie Nelson, Garth Brooks, Brooks and Dunn, Jason Aldean, Keith Urban, Keith Anderson, Creadance Clearwater Revival(CCR), Def Leapord, Fragment, Janes Addiction, Motley Crew, Black Sabbath, and Ozzy, Aerosmith, Guns N' Roses, Velvet Revolver, Led Zeppling, Beegees, The Beach Boys, David Bromberg, The Dave McCormick band (local band), ACDC, Jimmy Hendrix, The Hollies, Survivor, Molly Hatchet, Joe Nichols, Meatloaf, Blake Shelton, Derks Bentley, Nirvana, Matallica, The Stone Temple Pilots, ZZ Top, Nazerith, Lynard Skynard, Mountain, Wild Cherries, Alan Jackson, Journey, REO Speedwagon, Charley Pride, Kid Rock, Santana, Big N' Rich, Dwight Yokam, Motor Head, The Warren Brothers, Mark Chestnut, Black Label Society, The Beastie Boys, Creed, Cletus T. Judd, Weird Al Yankovich, Toby Keith, Gary Allen, The White Stripes, Nickel Back, Puddle of Mudd, Diamond Rio, Kiss, Pink Floys, The Who, Kenny Chesney, Pat Green, Foo Fighters, Staind, Pantera, The Eagles, Mark Willis, Tim Mcgraw, Slayer, Cross Canadian Ragweed, Soggy Bottom Boys,

This is really just a small list of what I listen to.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Media All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: