Suikoden Uncouth and Illegal Keystone Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Rpgs with Pirate and Horror themes

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sialeeds

Jowston loyalists

339093 Potch
55 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 1:45 pm    Post subject: Rpgs with Pirate and Horror themes Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hey I wonder if there are some good Rpgs with these certain themes/topics available.

The only Pirat game I know is Suikoden 4. As for Horror I know Koudelka, Shadow Hearts 1 and maybe Parasite Eve 1 +2. Maybe you can help me out.
Finding games with these genres.
HarmonianHiccup

Over-Enthusiastic Archaeologists

1333002 Potch
444 Soldiers
440 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Skies of Arcadia for the Gamecube is about space pirates, and there's another on the PS2 that just came out this year, the title of which escapes me at the moment...Shoot.
There's also Legend of Legaia: Duel Saga, one of the main characters of which is a pirate captain.
The newest Zelda, though technically it cannot be classified as an RPG, certainly has a pirate-ish sort of the theme, and Zelda: The Wind Waker is nautical in theme as well.
There are plenty of games in which there are pirate characters, but few that actually focus on pirates. It seems that's something that could certainly be expanded upon. There's always Sid Myer's Pirates, for the PC and XBOX, of course!

As for horror...I have no personal experience along these lines. I know of the main stream series like Resident Evil and Silent Hill, and a couple of others (Fatal Frame and Juon) but that's about it. I try to avoid these things--my imagination palgues me enough as it is in the dark without feeding it things like that. O_o

Proud Owner and Operator of The Hiccup's Speciality Grassland Atelier, the only place to find Electric Whiffle Bats!
Sailor Sexy

Mikan weeps for Brady

246380 Potch
175 Soldiers
50 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Rogue Galaxy is probably that other title you were trying to think of HH. But, really, the only one that a person needs to play is Skies of Arcadia Legends. I know it's been mentioned, but it's that kind of good that it requires being recommended multiple times. From what I understand, the Gamecube version sounds like it has more stuff that I enjoyed, so I recommend that one over the original Dreamcast version. Plus, it would probably be easier to get ahold of.

As for horror themed RPGs, I really can't think of any. There's plenty of survival horror games out there, but no RPGs that I've played that I'd classify as horror.

~Uguu!~
Yvl

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If you can find it, Quest for Glory 4 is definately a horror RPG.

THe monkey island series is a puzzle series about a guy who wants to be a pirate, and is a hilarious series, but definately isnt an rpg.

Buttery Lungs

290293 Potch
666 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Eternal Darkness. Man, what a creepy game... definitely fills the horror slot.
Lonelion

Lonelion's Naval Fleet.

4727 Potch
106 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Eternal Darkness,i'll agree with the INF Commander on her discription of that game.

As for pirates,Suikoden 1 had the Toran Lake Pirates,Suikoden Tactics had Kika and her group return from suikoden 4,and Suikoden 5 had an encounter with pirates on Nirva Island.

http://www.myspace.com/lonelion7769
http://www.duefiumi.com
http://z6.invisionfree.com/suikocross
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Sialeeds

Jowston loyalists

339093 Potch
55 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Thanks for the suggestions. HOw is Sid Meiers Pirates? I don't like PC and have no Xbox. Anybody played it on PSP?
Synchysi

Creatures Once Godlike

11782640 Potch
18161 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

These are fairly dated, but pirate-themed games nontheless.

Pirates! Gold for the Genesis/PC was a pretty good strategy game. Uncharted Waters: Sea Prince and Uncharted Waters: New Horizons, both for the SNES, are a couple more I enjoyed. The latter two are more about world exploration and discovery than conventional RPG themes however, and balance on the edge of the RPG genre.

I'd also agree that Skies of Arcadia is a fantastic game and definitely worth playing for anyone.

As for horror, the only ones that come to mind have been named: Koudelka, Shadow Hearts, Shadow Hearts Covenant and Eternal Darkness.

Pointy Sticks & Ponies!

1156566 Potch
7700 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sialeeds wrote:
Thanks for the suggestions. HOw is Sid Meiers Pirates? I don't like PC and have no Xbox. Anybody played it on PSP?

Only on PC I'm afraid, if you dislike PC games than really you won't like most of his games since the manuals and content simply to do with general playing of the games are usually about as fat as the box it comes in. So needless to say if you can handle learning not to play it like a twat then you might enjoy it.

Anywho, piratic ways, Air Buccaneers is a mod / attached game to UT2K4 (PC) which is purely multiplayer (aka no bots) and is rather easy and humorous to play in a group (mainly because Eduardo the Ecuadorian is your helper dude with ammo and you can push him off the floating raft and voila! his cousin then pops up in the barrel) but only in a group. The basic jist is that you're a pirate who starts off on land, there are rafts with giant balloons attached and you fly and steer these while firing canons, guns, throwing a molotov, jumping on and stabbing, etc the enemy forces.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: