Suikoden Uncanny and Inspirational Karma Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

NHL Season 2007/2008
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

View previous topic :: View next topic  
fuji

9643133 Potch
16500 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

While Ron wasn't Doug Wilson's hire, the team he put together is his. He's done an amazing job, I mean it too... but, if this same team continues to experience early exits then it will fall on him. You're probably right though; one more year to right the ship.

Man, if that 33 year thing comes true, that'll be pretty damn cool.

Thanks must go out to PHI for providing the Pens another playoff home game to make more money. The league thanks you and your generous donation to the well being of your division rivals. I thank you too since I enjoy watching the PIT/PHI games.

Osgood is a solid goaltender, if not spectacular. He did well in St. Louis too, not great, just solid. I feel he's that goaltender who always gives his team a chance to win the game, but cannot win the game on his own. He won't lose the game for you though.

___ "That's not much"

"It's enough"
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It looks like the person right at the top of the Sharks coaching searching is Pat Burns.

9643133 Potch
16500 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Would be the best fit for both parties involved I figure. Big question on Burns health still in my opinion. Yeah, he's active and feeling good... but the season is long and 82 games is a grind plus another month of playoffs. With that said, SJ is probably the best team for him to be with given his current situation.

PHI got routed. It wasn't even close... the series I mean. Who knew PIT's vaunted defence would shut down the likes of Briere, Carter, Prospal, etc. I still like Mike Richards, I think he's the best player on that team by a mile. Biron has looked average... good enough to not lose some nights but then the whole team couldn't get going to help him out. Other nights he just looked horrible as though he had no depth perception.

PHI went from worst last year right to the conference finals this year. They will be the posterchild for the new salary cap NHL. What many fail to realize is that they had a solid stable of youth already in place. It's not like they had nothing and all of a sudden became amazing with a 3 key FA signings.

PIT's speed just creates so much space in the neutral zone since no defence wants to get left high and dry at centre ice while the speedsters of PIT blow by them... this gives both time and space to the two most skilled centres in the game right now. Dangerous mix if you ask me.

I'm cheering on DAL just because I want that 33 year thing to hold true. That and Turco is fun to watch handle the puck. They say Brodeur and Dipietro are amazing but in my opinion Turco is in a league of his own.

___ "That's not much"

"It's enough"
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Coaches with experience outside of Burns the Sharks have been talking to are Joel Quenneville. But it looks like Doug Wilson may just be doing a waiting game until one name high on his list is finally made available for him to interview and that's Kevin Dineen of the Portland Pirates. Other names who could be first-time head coaches being talked about are Roy Sommers, Tim Hunter, Peter Laviolette and Michel Therrien.

Ice Dragons

3650446 Potch
194 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think this finals is a great matchup. Pittsburgh has a lot of skill, but so does Detroit. It comes down to the defense and thats where Detroit has the edge. If Malkin and Crosby play like gods, they'll win otherwise it goes to Datsyuk, Lidstrom and Zetterberg.

I want Pittsburgh to win this badly though.

Fantasy Football (NFL) Sign Ups in Sports Forum!
Sparhawk

Lords of Foolishness

207476 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Muahahaha! this detroit boy is very happy at how the wings handled Pit. Lets see how the whole series goes, but in my opinion, the Wings in 6.

9643133 Potch
16500 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Game 6, here we come. Great game... 35 seconds remaining and you could just feel that PIT was going to score that whole final minute. Great game.

I do however believe it is only prolonging the inevitable.

___ "That's not much"

"It's enough"
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hmmm, it seems Toronto just hired ex-Sharks coach Ron Wilson to be their coach. Looks like its going to be quite interesting for the Canadian sports media now that Ron Wilson has come home. :)

9643133 Potch
16500 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ron Wilson should be good for our team. It's not his fault the Sharks didn't have a captain. He already stormed out of an interview when TSN asked him a question... should be interesting how he does in the Toronto Media where everything is scrutinized and there are more beat reporters than there are players on the team.

___ "That's not much"

"It's enough"
fuji

9643133 Potch
16500 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Let the Schenn era begin.

We drafted our future captain, of that I have no doubt. Cost us dearly, but I have faith in the Silver Fox to get our draft picks back.

Oh and I guess it's the worst kept secret that Burke is calling the shots for the Maple Leafs. We hired his coach, hired his assistant and drafted a bunch of big players like he would like.

___ "That's not much"

"It's enough"
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Sports All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: