Suikoden Uncouth and Inspirational Kriegspiel Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

NHL Season 2007/2008
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If rumor had Kubina going to the Sharks for a prospect then it probably would've been Devon Setoguchi. Of all the top prospects the Sharks have who was available his name continued to be mentioned. Some teams had asked about defensemen Ty Wishart and Nick Petrecki but the Sharks shot those down pretty quick.

9643133 Potch
16500 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Man, the Leafs can't even lose properly. I mean really... sweeping the Flyers, although nice 'cause I can laugh at Exile (hahhaa) really doesn't help. Sundin's hurt himself too, maybe this will put an end to it.

I'd much rather finish 12th in the east than 9th.

This whole 3 point game stuff is ridiculous. Nobody can catch up to anyone, the playoffs are pretty much set despite the closenss of the standings.

___ "That's not much"

"It's enough"
Exile

Sword Brothers

6894145 Potch
200 Soldiers
91 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Boo. Stupid Leafs.

Flyers need to pull out some big wins against Atlantic division opponents, we've fared well against the Islanders but all other three are not nice matchups for us, the Pens are on a roll and about top in the NHL since January I think, the Devils have Brodeur who always beats us and the Rangers are just the definition of evil (sorry Locke, I don't really mean it, too much).

Tough stretch.

Cry woe, destruction, ruin, and decay -
The worst is death, and death will have his day.
RedCydranth

Ice Dragons

3650446 Potch
194 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Okay, the Playoffs are set! Let the predicting begin!

Eastern Conference:

(1) Montreal Canadiens vs. (8) Boston Bruins
(2) Pittsburgh Penguins vs. (7) Ottawa Senators
(3) Washington Capitals vs. (6) Philadelphia Flyers
(4) New Jersey Devils vs. (5) New York Rangers

Western Conference:

(1) Detroit Red Wings vs. (8) Nashville Predators
(2) San Jose Sharks vs. (7) Calgary Flames
(3) Minnesota Wild vs. (6) Colorado Avalanche
(4) Anaheim Ducks vs. (5) Dallas Stars

Here's who I got winning the first rounds.

Montreal, but it won't be a sweep.
Ottawa in a hard fought "upset".
Philadelphia, mainly because Biron's hot.
New Jersey, out of spite. Screw you Drury.

Detroit, because they're fucking Detroit.
San Jose because they're amazingly good. Calgary shows up though.
Minnesota eeks it out, Colorado is always good in the playoffs.
Anaheim Ducks win swiftly.

Fantasy Football (NFL) Sign Ups in Sports Forum!
Delsaber

New Gaien Wildcards

132495 Potch
1660 Soldiers
2625 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Montréal is going all the way. I've just got that feeling. San Jose will give them one hell of a fight, though.

...sure does feel weird not having my Canucks in the playoffs again.
RedCydranth

Ice Dragons

3650446 Potch
194 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The Canucks had a Mets like breakdown there. Its a shame because I'm a fan of the Sedin boys. I've never seen Luongo play so poorly.

Fantasy Football (NFL) Sign Ups in Sports Forum!
fuji

9643133 Potch
16500 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Delsaber wrote:
...sure does feel weird not having my Canucks in the playoffs again.

You'll get used to it after a while...

I will again cheer for whomever is playing against Ottawa. This round, that's you PIT, so go PIT!!

Also will cheer for WAS (Sorry Exile). I like Ovechkin so I hope he goes far in the playoffs because I like watching him play.

___ "That's not much"

"It's enough"
Delsaber

New Gaien Wildcards

132495 Potch
1660 Soldiers
2625 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Considering how quickly Ottawa has imploded this season, cheering for their opponent probably isn't necessary. They'll continue to lose just fine all on their own.

Who knew Emery would turn out to be such a cancer in that locker room especially after his performance last year. It's like the Bertuzzi/Naslund clique vibe which used to impact the Canucks so strangely a few years back, simply compressed into one man.
fuji

9643133 Potch
16500 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You're probably right about Ottawa. Still, it doesn't hurt to cheer. I also like Gary Roberts (ex-Leaf) and he's always been a thorn in Ottawa's side. So much so they tried very hard to get him from FLA.

Quote:
Who knew Emery would turn out to be such a cancer in that locker room especially after his performance last year. It's like the Bertuzzi/Naslund clique vibe which used to impact the Canucks so strangely a few years back, simply compressed into one man.

Hahah I find that hilarious. They got rid of Cooke which I guess is a sign that Naslund is also on the way out.

Rumours abound that Luongo is pissed off. He chose VAN because he wanted to be in the playoffs. Now that's twice they haven't made it. Maybe he should take a pay cut so that they can sign some offencive players :unsure:

___ "That's not much"

"It's enough"
Exile

Sword Brothers

6894145 Potch
200 Soldiers
91 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

What a fucking shit game from Biron.

I am a pissed off Phil currently, what kind of team blows a 4-2 lead after 2 periods? John Stevens you are a gormless bastard.

Cry woe, destruction, ruin, and decay -
The worst is death, and death will have his day.
Dragonstar13

13th Dragon brigade

493466 Potch
5000 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

fuji wrote:

Rumours abound that Luongo is pissed off. He chose VAN because he wanted to be in the playoffs. Now that's twice they haven't made it.

Well Luongo was traded, and he was actually pissed when he first heard he was coming here. His wife's reaction was quite funny. Luongo is still under contract until next year, unless he plans to sit back and let the Canucks lose until he gets traded. I really don't see Vancouver giving him up, since he's the best goalie we've had for a long period of time. Unless he really is not playing well for the Canucks, I don't see him leaving.

Regarding the Sens, I don't see them passing the first round at all. Pens are pretty much dominating that series, so there's little chance of them making it.

9643133 Potch
16500 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well I guess you're an appeased Phil now? Biron stood on his head for you.

DS13 wrote:
Well Luongo was traded, and he was actually pissed when he first heard he was coming here. His wife's reaction was quite funny. Luongo is still under contract until next year, unless he plans to sit back and let the Canucks lose until he gets traded. I really don't see Vancouver giving him up, since he's the best goalie we've had for a long period of time. Unless he really is not playing well for the Canucks, I don't see him leaving.

Luongo okay'd the deal to get out of FLA as far as I'm aware, at least unofficially. He wasn't going to re-sign with FLA so he gave a list of teams, VAN being on it. VAN won't to give him up or not re-sign him by choice.... however if he says he won't resign, then VAN will trade him next year to ensure they don't lose him for nothing to Free Agency. If he's upset that they can't score, he should take a pay-cut. Brodeur took one so that NJ could keep some offencive talent... Luongo should do the same.

Just like to say that the NJ win over NYR won't change a thing. NYR is still going to roll. MTL and BOS is iffy. By all rights, BOS should be up 2-1 but MTL stole game 2. MTL should win this but the games have been a lot closer than I thought they would. Game 1 was what I was expecting all series. Perhaps Guy Carbineau wasn't ready for this as a coach? Next game should be interesting to watch.

The best series to watch has been the SJ and CGY series. Both teams are playing amazing. Kipper was a wall in game 2 but lost. CGY in game 3 showed a lot of heart to come back to win being down 3-0 in the first. A very good and exciting series.

Go Pens Go!

___ "That's not much"

"It's enough"
Dragonstar13

13th Dragon brigade

493466 Potch
5000 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

This is actually the first I've heard of Luongo actually wanting to go to Vancouver. I heard he wanted to stay with FLA because of his wife and her family being in Florida. I don't think Luongo's going anywhere to be honest, and asking to be traded now would just seem to be kind of short-sighted of him. Even if he doesn't renew his contract for 2010, I still don't see the Canucks GM trading him, unless they get someone really really good. Good goal-tending is very hard to get for Vancouver, so getting a goalie like Luongo only happens once in a Blue moon for us. So I don't think the Canucks will give him up easily, whether he likes it or not. He might not be around in 2010 if the Canucks don't do well next year, but again, I don't see him being traded. But we'll see.

I don't really have a team to root for since the Canucks are out, but I'd like the Stars to beat the Ducks, and the Sharks to beat Calgary out of their series.

Last edited by Dragonstar13 on Tue Apr 22, 2008 1:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Delsaber

New Gaien Wildcards

132495 Potch
1660 Soldiers
2625 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Rumours of Luongo's discontent tend to be grossly exaggerated in this town. The fact that they continue to swirl around even after he denied them flatly to reporters at the end of the season is kind of annoying, actually. But I guess it's in the fan's nature to look for any possible explanation after a disappointing season; why most of them look straight at Lou and not at the nearly 200 lost man games, most of which coming from the defensive core alone, I have no idea.

Anyway, Dave Nonis has been fired. So half of the people who take up airtime on the TEAM 1040 are no doubt celebrating. Honestly, I'm with Bob McKenzie on this one. I don't think this was a very good move at all.
Dragonstar13

13th Dragon brigade

493466 Potch
5000 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I was sad Nonis was fired so soon. Not entirely surprised, but still sad about the news. He should have at least gotten one more year I think, but we'll see who they have to replace him.

Sens are out now. Man what a boring series. I was hoping for the Sens to come back at least once instead of being swept.
I'm happy that the Stars won tonight though, as well as the Sharks. One more for the Stars.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Sports All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: