Suikoden Ugly and Irrational Keystone Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

NHL Season 2007/2008
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
fuji

9643133 Potch
16500 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That's awesome man. Remember, any time Alfredson touches the puck, you have to Boo him. Boo him real good like only a Brit "football" fan can do! :D

___ "That's not much"

"It's enough"
Exile

Sword Brothers

6894145 Potch
200 Soldiers
91 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I was planning on booing Crosby more, I'd much rather see the rival Pens lose but I'll boo him at least once for you as well. I'll be in a Flyers jersey people would probably be disappointed if I didn't boo everybody on the ice.

Cry woe, destruction, ruin, and decay -
The worst is death, and death will have his day.
Lonelion

Lonelion's Naval Fleet.

4727 Potch
106 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I hope you have a great time at that game Exile.

http://www.myspace.com/lonelion7769
http://www.duefiumi.com
http://z6.invisionfree.com/suikocross
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
glen

Drunking soldiers are us!!

6390 Potch
428 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It will be hard for you to boo Crosby when he is not playing right now.

Have fun at the game and try not to get into to much trouble now there Exile.

and by the way go penguins Go!!
Exile

Sword Brothers

6894145 Potch
200 Soldiers
91 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The game isn't until October, Crosby should be back by then! It's the first game of next season.

fuji

9643133 Potch
16500 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Man, it's been pretty quiet leading up to the deadline (unless you're Philly). A few deals here and there, but nothing too major. I wonder if this is the calm before the storm or indicative that it will be a quiet day tomorrow (or later today).

I don't think Prospal is good; I think he leeches off Lecavalier. But, Philly does need a center after Richards went down so it did address a need and it didn't cost too much. All in all, a decent trade for both sides I think. Philly has always liked strength down the middle with a solid core of centres.

Moving closer to home, it seems all of the Leaf's no trade-clause players have stated they will not waive them. Now, I don't know how many of them will stay this way, but I imagine a good majority of them. The ones that piss me off are Tucker and Kubina. McCabe is rumoured to be going to the Rangers, but who knows. In all of this, I am glad Kaberle will stay with us.

There is talk, at least by some leaf fans to trade Toskala. Now I think he's awesome. His numbers aren't good because he plays for the Leafs. Just consider that he's on the 2nd last placed team with decent numbers. Compare that to the goaltenders on other similarly placed teams. I think we could get a pretty good package for him, but I don't want to end up relying on Pogge (our top goalie prospect) to become a great NHL player. Right now, we have a sure thing with Toskie. Luckily, I believe I read that Fletcher (the Leaf GM) stated that everyone is available except Toskala. Thanks SJ for the great goalie! It's almost worth taking that bum Bell.

Anyway, this year I'm happy that I didn't have to take time off work to watch it. Working the midnight shift means when I get home, the shows will be at most, an hour in (with TSN's show starting at 8am).

___ "That's not much"

"It's enough"
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Looks like the Sharks has made what could be on of several deals today. San Jose just acquired Brian Campbell from the Sabres and they only had to give up Steve Bernier and a first-round pick in the upcoming draft. Bernier is a good player who can be great but has always been inconsistent since he made the team. The pick they send over to the Sabres will be a late first-rounder and the way Wilson has been about trading for picks before or during the draft I have afeeling the Sharks may end up picking earlier. This will be a great trade for the Sharks if they can get Campbell signed to a deal before the end of the season. At the very least they've improved their blue-line with this trade.

Lonelion's Naval Fleet.

4727 Potch
106 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Interesting trades have occured,Brad Richards heading to Dalllas,Brian Campbell going to San Jose,Chistobal Huet going to Washington,Adam Foote returning to Colorado.

It's going to be interesting to see how all these trades play out,alot of solid moves that'll make teams better for the playoff stretch.

http://www.myspace.com/lonelion7769
http://www.duefiumi.com
http://z6.invisionfree.com/suikocross
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

There's still talk of the Sharks making a play for Hossa and/or Kolzig with Marleau, Carle and/or Setoguchi being the three names in play to get one or both players. I, for one, think Kolzig would be a good pick-up to back-up Nabby in San Jose.

Ice Dragons

3650446 Potch
194 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The Sabres have officially died. Losing Campbell is rough. But we offered several contracts to him and he denied them all, so it was a situation where we could have kept him until the end of the year and lose him for nothing a la Chris Drury and Danny Briere. The Sabres at least got something for the guy.

The Penguins getting Hossa from Atlanta is huge too. I'm a Penguins fan and they just got a lot deadlier. Hossa, Malkin and Crosby. Wow.

Fantasy Football (NFL) Sign Ups in Sports Forum!
fuji

9643133 Potch
16500 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Cliff Fletcher is my hero. If you guys get a chance to see his press conferences and interviews; he's literally said JFJ is an idiot, that Mats would've gotten a better return than Hossa, Pavel Kubina is a little punk and he's declaring war on the 5 no-trade clause players of the Leafs. When asked about interest in McCabe, he said so bluntly that there was no interest. His press conference was awesome man, the old guy was vicious.

I'm happy with what we got. I think Cliff got awesome deals on the players we gave up. He couldn't move the core, and now he called them out and said they won't be here next year.

Cliff Fletcher is my hero.

___ "That's not much"

"It's enough"
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

They should just tear down the Leafs roster and start from scratch. The one thing is whether not bringing those core players with their no-trade clause back next season will have much of an impact on the Leaf's salary cap numbers. I know in the NFL when a player still under contract is released before the start of the next season a certain hit is put on that team's salary cap numbers.

Sword Brothers

6894145 Potch
200 Soldiers
91 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That was rather the problem Tull, they couldn't tear apart the roster because of all the no trade clauses handed out! I laugh at the uselessness of McCabe mostly, I don't mock Sundin and Kaberle, shame Kabs wouldn't waive his clause to come to Philly because we had a deal in place that just hinged on his say so according to several media sources and fuji knows how much I like Kabs!

In the NHL to buy out a contract it costs 2/3rds of the contract spread over double the years so the cap hit is muchly reduced as a result but it's still over your head for a long time in some cases. The alternative is to send the player to rot in the minor leagues, if the player clears waivers and does not attend the minor league team to play there then the NHL team is able to void their contract. If they do report they get to ride the buses and earn their pay cheques, they then have no effect on the salary cap hit.

Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That sort of salary cap hit seems to be less detrimental as the one's the NFL teams have to deal with when they have to cut a player.

9643133 Potch
16500 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Tullaryx wrote:
They should just tear down the Leafs roster and start from scratch. The one thing is whether not bringing those core players with their no-trade clause back next season will have much of an impact on the Leaf's salary cap numbers. I know in the NFL when a player still under contract is released before the start of the next season a certain hit is put on that team's salary cap numbers.

Cliff couldn't tear the roster down. Sundin has no movement, as does McCabe. We can't waive them, or do anything. Buy outs can only happen June 1-15th I think. Can't happen now, and why buy them out this season when we have to pay for the full price; might as well get the last 20 games out of them. Cliff will buy people out on June 1st-15th.

Kubina waived his NTC, but then decided against it. Cliff wasn't happy about that, neither am I. Rumour was he was going to the Sharks for a 1st or a prospect.

Tucker and Kubina piss me off though.

The Kabs deal was done, but Kabs said no. I'm happy he did. His contract is amazing (3 more years at 4.5 million!). Rumour was Jeff Carter and a 1st. I hate Jeff Carter. I've been calling him a bust for as long as I could.

Going forward.

Tucker - he gets demoted to the AHL where he won't clear waivers as someone will pick him up with 1 year remaninig on his contract. Gone next year for sure.

Kubina - As long as the Leafs don't make the playoffs, his NTC is null and void. He's getting traded to Siberia for a bucket of ice.

Sundin - May not be resigned, may not want to resign with us after this or may retire. Hard to call this one. If he's a leaf next year, it's for cheap with a NTC at 1 year.

McCabe - If we can move him, we will. He has a no movement clause which means we can't demote him, waive him or do anything. Basically we're stuck with him unless he wants to leave.

Kaberle - He has a No Trade Clause which is null if the leafs miss the playoffs this year and next. Odds are this will happen, though I feel he's a solid player to keep and build around.

Blake - 5 years, 5 million! Sent to the minors. Bye bye.
Raycroft - 2 years, 3 million! Sent to the minors. Bye bye.

The Future

- Toskala
- Antropov
- Steen
- Coliacovo (please stay healthy!)

___ "That's not much"

"It's enough"
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Sports All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

Jump to: