Suikoden Utopian and Inspirational Kibbutz Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Finally! Fire Emblem DS has been announced!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sialeeds

Jowston loyalists

339093 Potch
55 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 3:04 pm    Post subject: Finally! Fire Emblem DS has been announced! Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

On the Nintendo Press Conference was Fire Emblem DS finally announced. And having looked at the pictures it looks like Marth is the protagonist of this game.

Man this is awesome I was always moaning about seeing Advance Wars games on the DS and now finally they doing FE for DS. Yehaw!

This game is bought at the day it's released. I always wanted to play Marth and now I get him, thank you Nintendo.
Leb

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

No shit. Huh.

Intelligent Systems will be busy! But I am certainly excited. The game's graphics are so much like Thracia 776. That makes me cry tears of pure joy.

I'm not sure if Marth's the lead character, but I could find out if I could remember his sister's name. Eris doesn't sound familiar, and there have been plenty of blue-haired protagonists.

If it is Marth, it could be another remake of the first game.
Sialeeds

Jowston loyalists

339093 Potch
55 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

At least he is there! He's the man! I don't care who's taking over the lead! :O
Gil-galad

Flame of the West

2849957 Potch
200 Soldiers
46 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yes! This is the news I have been waiting for. Fire Emblem just isn't really the same in 3D. I'm playing through the Game Cube Fire Emblem right now, and while it is terrific-- there is just something too different about it for me to really enjoy the game as I had with the previous ones. Strategy RPGs have certainly been lacking for DS so far-- which was never a problem on the GBA since I had two Fire Emblems and two Advance Wars games to play all the time.

I am very, very much looking forward to this game. Now all Nintendon needs to do is release Fire Emblem 4 and 5 for the Virtual Console on the Wii and I will be a very, very happy man.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
HarmonianHiccup

Over-Enthusiastic Archaeologists

1333002 Potch
444 Soldiers
440 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I am dizzy with anticipation, and BOY that kid really looks like Marth. Man oh man, I'm SO glad they haven't abandoned the traditional style/handheld FEs. As much as I have enjoyed playing PoR and am looking forward to GoD, this one is what I can really be excited about. Hooray!!!

Proud Owner and Operator of The Hiccup's Speciality Grassland Atelier, the only place to find Electric Whiffle Bats!
Demon Eyes Kyo

Crimson Crusaders

260069 Potch
250 Soldiers
25 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That guy does look like Marth, hopefully it is him or something. But I cannot wait for the release of this game! I love Fire Emblem! I always use Roy in Super Smash Brothers :P

Return that soul to God.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Sialeeds

Jowston loyalists

339093 Potch
55 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I waited years for this. First Dragon Quest Monsters Joker and now (hopefully next year) Fire Emblem DS! The DS is not fully inconveniant yet.
Flare

Flying Bolts of Doom

680830 Potch
3700 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

HH wrote:
GoD
Actually, it's called Radiant Dawn. And this announcement saddens me. I DON'T HAVE A FREAKING DS! :evil:
HarmonianHiccup

Over-Enthusiastic Archaeologists

1333002 Potch
444 Soldiers
440 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I know that the American title is Radiant Dawn. I still prefer Goddess of Dawn...
Actually, the original title of Path of Radiance is something like "The Path of Blazing Blue Flame," as I recall.

Sounds like a really good reason to GET a DS, Flare! XD

Proud Owner and Operator of The Hiccup's Speciality Grassland Atelier, the only place to find Electric Whiffle Bats!
Hawk Thanatos

Radical Dreamers

167582 Potch
43 Soldiers
1337 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The battle map graphics look good but like Advance Wars DS 2 I'm not sure about the battle cut scenes graphics. The archer looks a bit stiff, hopefully they end up more fluid like the GBA games.
Flare

Flying Bolts of Doom

680830 Potch
3700 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

HH wrote:
Sounds like a really good reason to GET a DS, Flare! XD
That requires monies which I do not have. And I don't like how the battle map looks on the second screenshot. It just looks....odd.
Ikano

Prince Geass Falenas

2327939 Potch
1337 Soldiers
3028000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

These graphics are a little bit weird...and in particular I mean the sprites in comparison to the background
It's like they couldn't decide whether to keep their original look or to 3D-isize everything...and then it became a hybrid o.O

I wonder though to how much of an extent (if any) will this game use the DS' capabilities...I can already see selecting and moving of units as per the Stylus
(although I wish it's optional if they do that....the lower right corner of my DS Lite's screen seems to be dying <_<;; er *cough* I mean >.> no I didn't say anything...)

Well I look forward to it's development either way... :o

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Thief

Truth

213998 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Whoa. Never thought I'd first hear about a new Fire Emblem here!

I have always had a soft spot for the original Fire Emblem, so this apparent remake (with enhancements) is definitely a dream come true. Finally, Intelligent Systems is proving that SquareEnix isn't the only one entitled to remake their titles over and over. (FE1 was first remade as FE3's Book 1 for Super Famicom!)

Marth is looking mighty fine. And the graphics seems to resemble a crossover between the late Thracia 776 and the lost Tear Ring Saga. Which neither the GBA, Gamecube nor Wii newer installments managed to recreate.

Fire Emblem's original gameplay mechanics are pretty basic compared to its more recent successors, so they better touched up more in that area, or else this might get the same reception that Final Fantasy III remake did.
Darko

Spell to Bind Forever

235341 Potch
0 Soldiers
5809 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yaaaaay! x a lot

I was beginning to worry that after the transition into 3D they weren't going back to handheld, 2D goodness. It definitely looks a little different, but change isn't always bad. I quite like the character portraits. It's not quite 3D but I think it looks alright... a bit washed out in terms of color but I guess we'll need to see more character portraits to really judge.

Considering what the source is, there isn't anything to fear about it being a hoax (like Golden Sun DS *sobs*).

Excitement!! :mrgreen:

PS: Flare, you need a DS stat!! :O

RIP Gabriel J. Figueroa 1987-2007
Gil-galad

Flame of the West

2849957 Potch
200 Soldiers
46 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Mmm, I wouldn't be surprised if this were a Fire Emblem 1 remake. I'd be all for that, really. Especially if it would eventually lead to a Fire Emblem 4 remake (that would be brought to the US!). However, there's also still the chance that it's an all new game-- however that seems doubtful, as it seems pretty apparent they intend to release the new Fire Emblem games for the console systems.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: