Suikoden Ugly and Illusional Karma Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

2005 Predictions/Opinions
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Starslasher

Chunks of Chaco-late.

1177790 Potch
300 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Beethnoven4567 wrote:
4. Final Fantasy XII will be released in Japan in November 2005, with a July 2006 release for the US version.

That's a detailed prediction. I did see in a PS2 Magazine that FFXII's release in Japan will be in November/December of 2005. But where did you get the information for the US release? But if it was a guess, why then?

And i wouldn't mind a sequel to Legend of the Dragoon.

Bork! Bork! Bork!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Drizzt

Rangers Of Mielikki

250081 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah too right Beethnoven4567/Starslasher, a sequel for Legend of the Dragoon would be excellent. And so would sequels for:

-Final Fantasy Tactics (PSX)
-Kartia
-Legend of Legaia (So it would be number 3)
-Saiyuki: Journey West

Sorry, I get all hyped when I talk about sequels that shall never be...
Leb

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

2005 predictions? Hmm.

-Nintendo sees higher revenue than in 2004 from a surge in DS sales (thanks to its software lineup getting a much-needed injection) and Gamecube sales (thanks to the October release of The Legend of Zelda, along with other solid titles, like Fire Emblem). After much of the Revolution's specs are made public, Nintendo takes the path of the niche, and begins its rebirth as the first hardware developer that does not attempt to target the mainstream.

-Final Fantasy XII marks the first game in the series to begin a major downward spiral in popularity (not including X-2). I hope.
Cedric

Sol Ciel

472542 Potch
200 Soldiers
62 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Lebenengel wrote:

-Final Fantasy XII marks the first game in the series to begin a major downward spiral in popularity (not including X-2). I hope.

I second that. Maybe mainstream players will give other series a chance. Barely anyone knows anything about Suikoden, Wild Arms, Dragon Warrior, etc. Although I don't want them to drown out entirely. Gotta give respect to the people that started the RPG boom.

Let's see. Thanks to the publishing name of Square Enix, Grandia 3 will do surprisingly well. Better than people originally thought. I hope. I also wish for the success of Atellier Iris: Eternal Mana. I wish the same fortune upon that game because it is Nippon Ichi and I really like their company.

But on to the bad news, I'm thinking Sony Computer Entertainment of America will ruin the Arc The Lad name. The first installment sold 1,000,000 copies. With SCEA manning the helm now, it doesn't look good. I hope I'm wrong, but End of Darkness doesn't seem very interesting. It sounds like Grandia Extreme, a pure dungeon crawler.

Edit: Sorry I meant SCE not SCEA. Regular Sony. I'll take your word for it, though Lebenengel, but for some reason, ign and rpgamer have Sony listed as the developer. Even the Sony logo is on the bottom left of the box.

And then there's this.

Last edited by Cedric on Wed Apr 20, 2005 12:11 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Leb

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm not sure what SCEA has to do with Arc the Lad-- Cattle Call is behind the games, and Namco is doing End of Darkness' localization.
Acheron

Stonewall Brigade

172597 Potch
200 Soldiers
1325 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

For some reason everyone likes God of War but its not that good people let it go, I mean Kratos jumps like he has hes wearing cement kegs

Ok this is alittle late but I hadn't read this topic. Personally I find that the jumping was a little bit of a drawback but really how good do you think an ancient greek would jump? It was probably added to increase the realism of the game and I think that since you can't jump twice your own hieght it makes the puzzles more challenging. On that note I really want to see good things from God Of War. The sequel set up in the bonus scenes on the first game look like they will be for a good plot. And the Icarus Wings flying level that got cut from the final game looks like so much fun and I really want to see that finished and in the sequel
I really want some of Soul Calibur 3. Saw the video trailer for it on Gamespy and it looks awesome. 25 characters and the customize your own character for the campaign-like mode will truly be a tremendous sell for me. Didn't get the first two of the series due to lack of hardware but I loved the second one for Playstation and on that note, if they ever bring back the special character for each console deal I think Heihachi should be ousted for someone like Kratos or anyone else because Heihachi just didn't do it for me in the game.
As far as hardware goes I think that X-Box 360(I heard that was its name) will be a very poor sale. Its going to basically be a super striped down hard-drive that you have to buy a lot of extra add-ons just to make it perform various functions. I understand its versatility but for me the cost will be pretty high and I'd rather just invest in a Playstation. Playstation 3 looks like it'll do well. Just like an upgrade on the PLaystation 2. Even made to the same general parameters so you can just replace your PS2. I'm loving the new wireless controllers standard deal but I'm concerned with the upkeep of them as being a disagreeable point. No more disk-trey problems either, which is great.
I would love to see a sequel to Legend of Dragoon to come out with the Playstation 3. That game scored high in all aspects of what an RPG should be, In My Opinion. Contrary to what I've seen a few of you write, I would like to see a Final Fantasy 12 because it can only strengthen the RPG market, but I really would want to see something in it that was truly revolutionary and astonishing. FFX did that in some ways by really making the game an experience and cinematic, I felt, but a better example would be what FFVII did for the gaming world as a whole. It really brought the indepth RPG games to the forefront of the market.
Really, just anything besides these racing and car theft games. I can't stand them. Don't really know what it is about them that irk me so much I just can't enjoy them. O wel, to each his own and there just thoughts.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Deleted User 1

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Predictions

The Legend of Zelda: Working Title - Will become one of the greatest games ever made.

God of War - Will go down as one of the greatest action games in history.

Kingdom Hearts 2 - Will release early and be an excellent gaming experience.

Also on a side note yes the Xbox did take an incredibly long time to become a competitor for the other gaming consoles, mainly because of pricing issues. I agree that it did get off to a rather slow start.
skymansxeno

30626 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

"Final Fantasy XII marks the first game in the series to begin a major downward spiral in popularity (not including X-2). I hope."

I could care less whether it sells well or not so long as it is a good game, I will buy it.

"Kingdom Hearts 2 - Will release early and be an excellent gaming experience. "

I certainly hope so.

Here are my predictions:

Suikoden 5 will be announced sometime between now and TGS in the fall.

Kingdom Hearts 2 will be released right before Christmas and will be 10 times better than the first.

FF XII will be delayed for next year.

The new Zelda game will kick ass as usuall.
Starslasher

Chunks of Chaco-late.

1177790 Potch
300 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oh yeah, i had totally forgot to add this. There rrrrrreeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaallllllllllyyyyyyyyy needs to be a sequel for Valkyrie Profile. I don't care if it's done from Square-Enix. I don't care if it's even developed from EA Games. There absolutely has to be one! I would prefer it if Squenix and Tri-Ace got together again to make it. All hail Valkyrie Profile 2. *Nazi salute*

Bork! Bork! Bork!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Sparhawk

Lords of Foolishness

207476 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

:shock: Did a guest post in here? I never knew they could.

I find all your opinions interesting. A sequel to LOD is long overdue. Arc the Lad needs to be taken care of. It definitely needs inprovement.

Rangers Of Mielikki

250081 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The 'guest' would have been a user who got banned or left the forums or something similar so every now and then in various forums you may spot guest posts here and there. But enough of that from me. Yeah there have been quite a few good predictions and hopes for games in the forums. Though the sad fact is the vast majority of them will never see the light of day unfortunately. But I suppose you can 'never say never' as we have been shocked before when news of sequels and such of games do arrive. Before the PS2 days are more or less finished, I hope that we at least get some of our wishes answered.
Filipe

The Executors of Harmonian Order

35712 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I dont care to make predictions because thinking about that would make me get my hopes up for possible things that could happen. However I can see something like the whole console wars becoming steadily a two system race. Nintendo sadly cant keep up any longer with Sony and Microsoft both making huge jumps constantly improving their repective systems. Nintendo has been seriously lacking with the Gamecube and it seems that they have fallen into the pattern of just doing the minimum. Which is really sad because if they had gone with it properly Gamecube could have been a half decent system.

So my prediction will be that by the time the Gamecube becomes completely obsolete that Nintendo will stop making systems besides handhelds. They will then proceed to begin making games for the Playstation and XBOX consoles. Kind of like what Sega does now.

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Considering that Nintendo is working on their new console that won't even be released in 2005, I wouldn't put my money on that predictation.
Vincent Chase

1st H.A.C - Spread Your Love

314554 Potch
0 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ced the Lad says:
Quote:
I second that. Maybe mainstream players will give other series a chance. Barely anyone knows anything about Suikoden, Wild Arms, Dragon Warrior, etc. Although I don't want them to drown out entirely. Gotta give respect to the people that started the RPG boom.

The popularity of the series isn't their fault. They pretty much pioneered the console RPG, made heaps of money, and could afford to spend money on alot of the things Konami doesn't do with Suikoden, like advertising (speaking from North America here).

Beethoven4567 says:
Quote:
3. There will be a sequel to Lunar 2:EBC announced.

Yeah and if a frog had wings, well you know the rest. I'm a little hazy, but I'm sure that somewhere on the features disc that came with the awesome LUNAR II: Eternal Blue Complete package there is either an interview or a mention or a next LUNAR game in development. Those cats at Working Designs have to have something up their sleeves.

So now I have to get a DS...

Says there that the New LUNAR game (entitled LUNAR Genesis) falls under the category of 'Simulation RPGs', comparing it to things like Final Fantasy Tactics and Ogre Battle. I didn't play either, nor do I have an interest in the Genre, but lets just say that it intrigues me.

Also, I think that Soul Calibur III for the GCN with some crazy character (Link or any other Zelda Character probably) will likely be announced by the end of the year. Soul Calibur for the GCN sold 800,000 million units, which is enough considering the size of its user base. They'd be cheating themselves out a lot of money by not doing it.
Cedric

Sol Ciel

472542 Potch
200 Soldiers
62 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well it's not like I curse Square Enix for being so popular. In fact, I agree that they paid their dues. (Final Fantasy 1 was supposed to be Squaresoft's farewell game before it took off) They made some very quality games and made some good decisions as well. But yeah, I guess I just want RPG's to be well known out in the world. I suggest certain games to friends and the like, but everyone is so "Final Fantasy".

Actually, when I think about it, I think my rant concerns Final Fantasy itself, instead of Square Enix. Grandia 3, Star Ocean: Till the end of time, and Dragon Warrior are also parts of Square Enix, but I'll eat my hat if Final Fantasy 12 doesn't eclipse their sales. In yearly polls for "RPG Game of the year" and similar titles, I believe people just blindly vote for Final Fantasy *number* without any regard. RPGamer had Final Fantasy *Something, I don't remember* as its best and worst RPG voted by the players in one year. Thankfully the staff voted Disgaea as their top pick.

My opinions aren't the same as everyone, so everyone can say what they will. But after Final Fantasy 7, the feel of the series took a turn where I couldn't enjoy it any longer. Thanks to that, I found myself enjoying diamonds in the rough like Suikoden, Grandia, Xenogears, Wild Arms, and other RPG's. After realizing all the potential out there, I guess all I really want is for them to share the spotlight. But you're right, though Ice, money talks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: