Suikoden Unique and Infamous Kriegspiel Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

2005 Predictions/Opinions
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sparhawk

Lords of Foolishness

207476 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 11:05 am    Post subject: 2005 Predictions/Opinions Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

What games are you expecting to flop, or rock this year? Are any of you anticipating the games coming out this year to be on par with last year's games? Also, What are your thoughts on the new XBox? Does PS3 have a chance? Word has it that a new Gameboy Advanced will be out at the end of this year. Will any of you buy it?

Last edited by Sparhawk on Fri Apr 15, 2005 11:11 am; edited 1 time in total
Dakota

Protectors of the Deeper Well

1300636 Potch
69 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

For some reason everyone likes God of War but its not that good people let it go, I mean Kratos jumps like he has hes wearing cement kegs.
Mengo

Self-proclaimed Genius

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, i think the x-box 360 / PS3 clash will be the same as it is today.
Sony will have many japanese on his side, while Microsoft has more problems in this country to sell his machine. The USA will give a good 50/50 I think. And here in Europa you usually got more Ps2 than X-box.

Sony is now almost unbeatable when it comes to sell machines. Well, after games like Gran Turismo, the Final Fantasy, and anothers one, most of the players just trust them and buy the first generation of their consoles (which is actually the worst thing to do) .

well, i'll just wait for the next nintendo system, and see if there's a Smash Bros on it. :D It's cheap, but Nintendo is sure to have at least one of their system selled if they develop another one ssbm on it .
ed_20

The Stampede

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sony is in the lead in sales right? So I guess PS3 will sell many than the new Xbox or nintedo. I'm expecting games like MSG:4 , suikoden 5, New final fantasy ,etc.. to come out in PS3 but I doubt that I can buy one.
Sparhawk

Lords of Foolishness

207476 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hey, I have to hand it to Microsoft though. Not a lot of companies could have been a instant contender with Sony like that. If it wasn't for Halo, I don't know if they could have pulled it off though. Nitendo is falling fast. I just can't picture their next gen console competing with the others.

Self-proclaimed Genius

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

well, imo, the nintendo's selling politicy is quite interesting. they probably noticed that many players now have 2 consoles instead of one.

so they sell their systems 2 years later.

another good thing is that they (well, so they say) don't aim for the most "never-seen-before-incredibily-good-engine-that-pwnz-everything-else-wi th-bandwith-connexion-who-can-even-go-to-work-at-your-place v.2.0.2" . I don't care if i can't read a dvd or go on net with my [g]gaming[/g] system.
sybillious

Ebony Moon Knights

981865 Potch
59 Soldiers
60 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

with a title like that, it's hard to tell what you're asking; change it to decribe the topic.

gotta gotta get a...SPICE WEASEL!

to paraphrase my fellow mod, parallax:
I hate my job with the passionately burning intensity of a thousand fiery suns.
Alkazar

The Sons of Senan

0 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Just remember how long it took for the XBox to get off the ground in the first place. I mean, it took them like two years before they were even viable competition for Sony in the first place, and with the price of their systems, I'm sure it'll be the same way with the new XBox system. Sony, on the other hand, often will have prices drop rather quickly (my brother was really ticked off when he saw the PS2 price drop like three weeks after the system came out; he was one of the ones who purchased it first day). I'm seeing as Sony in the lead for a while, with the new XBox system catching up within... maybe half a year and then it staying how it is, with the market split.

As for games this year, I'm looking forward to the usuals... Kingdom Hearts 2, Final Fantasy 12, mostly RPGs... I'm waiting for the new Halo, of course (after that cliff hanger ending in 2, they better be ready to please), even if I have to get the new system. Jade Empire is immediately on my awaiting list (even though I believe it's out now). I'm also looking to get Battlefield 2 when it comes out. And that is pretty much it. I don't play many games anymore, and the ones I do generally are RPGs these days. Once in a while, I'll play a shooter, but only when I'm looking for something to do with a few friends.

And that's all I have to say about that... for now, anyways.

Something Wicked

162570 Potch
200 Soldiers
40 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm pretty much just waiting to hear from new RPG releases during the year. I try to snatch up most of the anticipated RPGs as soon as they come out. Out of the new consoles I'm most likely to get the PS3 because history has proven that the majority of RPGs side with Sony. Although, sadly, my chances of buying a new console have greatly dropped since I'm going to be starting college in the fall. I'll have to cram in my last days of game playing in the summer!
We have an urge to kill
And our lust for blood has to be fulfilled
We'll fight 'till the end, and send our enemies straight to hell!"
Starslasher

Chunks of Chaco-late.

1177790 Potch
300 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm a PlayStation man, through and through. I didn't bother to get a Dreamcast, or a Nintendo64 back then, i don't bother getting an XBox or a GameCube now, and i will not bother getting the XBox 360 or any other console other than the PS3.

And i've been hearing good things about God of War.

Bork! Bork! Bork!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Drizzt

Rangers Of Mielikki

250081 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well I am the sort of person that appreciates a game no matter what system it is on, and would definitely purchase both a PS3 and an XBOX 2 or what ever they decide to call it in the end. Playstation usually has the best RPG's and XBOX tends to have the best graphics and the occasional messiah of a game such as Halo. Both systems have sweet games on each so I am happy to that respect. I hope they 'milk' each of the systems for all they are worth before all game companies ditch them entirely for the next,next gen game systems.

So for 2005 I still look forward to many more great game installments for the PS2 and Xbox, and don't think I have forgotten about the Gamecube, it has a few good games as well it is just that I have yet to purchase one. But with Fire Emblem and Advance War titles heading over to the console I will definitely pick one up sooner or later. I want plenty of fine RPG's released this year, but even moreso I want a good lot of them to be Strategy RPG's. Though there is good news for a good amount of TRPG's coming out in the coming few months so I don't doubt we should have a lot more by the end of the year.

Something I 'predict': The DS Vandal Hearts game get released in Japan, and then US. Could be a port of the original or just a new VH game (though not number 3). Does quite well in sales and popularity, and then before the end of the year we either have Vandal Hearts 3 for the PS2, or there is verified news about it from Konami before 2006. I can really see it happening if all goes well with the DS Vandal Hearts, hey even if it does not because of TRPG success these days.

And speaking of God of War, it looks pretty decent to me, and because of that I ordered it the other day and should have it in a few weeks which will allow me to form my own opinion about it. Until then...Stay True (sorry too much JB:)
Vincent Chase

1st H.A.C - Spread Your Love

314554 Potch
0 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
For some reason everyone likes God of War but its not that good people let it go, I mean Kratos jumps like he has hes wearing cement kegs.

Wow, I am completely in awe of the profoundity of your argument. I hear about this, but also about the art and music and fighting system being excellent, a jumping defect isn't enough to bring a good game down.

I posted a thread asking people to look at God of War when compared to Devil may Cry III, and for the most part DMCIII came out on top. However, I still haven't played it, but in about half an hour am going over to a friend's to try it for the first time. I can't wait, because this will be the decider between the two right here, this afternoon.

~ DS will outsell the PSP until they lower the price.

~ Xbox-360 will be released (actually, the PS3 is supposed to be the last next-gen to come out), and I will buy one on opening day and sell it on eBay for twice as much. I love e-husslin'.

~ Legend of Zelda 2005 will rock, and I will also get it. As for whether or not it matches or beats Ocarina of Time or A Link to the Past I do not know, but let me just say that it'll be alot better than Wind Waker. it will do really well, selling probably at least 5 million units in NA in it's first run, but it won't outsell Halo 2, but will be ten time sbetter.

~ Final Fantasy XII will not be released and some insane fan will probably send them a letter bomb or something. What is it at now, four years? I'd be happier not knowing it existed if they were going to delay the game so much.

~ Game of the Year: Either the new Zelda, Resident Evil 4 or Jade Empire.

I also used to have a specific loyalty and preference to certain consoles when I was younger, but then I realized that if you miss out on one you don't have any idea what kind of games you're missing. I was a huge Nintendo fanboy, but now I'm largely a PS2 gamer. I had a GCN but it was stolen and am getting a new one. Every one of my friends has an X-BOX so I really don't need to get one. When the next consoles come out I'll probably only get one of them, but two generations from now I'll have graduated and will have a job and be able to get all three of them. I can't wait.
Benit149

Covenant of Cuchulainn

0 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
~ Final Fantasy XII will not be released and some insane fan will probably send them a letter bomb or something. What is it at now, four years? I'd be happier not knowing it existed if they were going to delay the game so much.

I'm glad Squar'nix is taking their time with FFXII, compared to the timeframe of '97-'01ish when they were crapping Final Fantasties like no tomorrow. Of the recent FFs after VII, only FFX met my own standards of a game, and I hope FFXII will do the same, despite the blatant character rehashes. But after my complete disappointment with FFX-2, I'm going to leave room for doubt to be on the safe side.

As for me, I don't investigate games outside the Playstation b/c I'm an avid RPG player, which the PS consoles boast compared to the other systems. Suikoden V won't be coming anytime soon, but I'm planning to keep up with its progress. For the 2005 year, I heard that Nippon Ichi's latest Strat-RPG, Phantom Kingdom, is coming, so I'm looking forward to that.

Quote:
another good thing is that they (well, so they say) don't aim for the most "never-seen-before-incredibily-good-engine-that-pwnz-everything-else-wi th-bandwith-connexion-who-can-even-go-to-work-at-your-place v.2.0.2" . I don't care if i can't read a dvd or go on net with my [g]gaming[/g] system.

Well said. That's my major problem with recent consoles boasting about unnecessary gadgets and abilities beyond playing a game. Yes, it was a good investment to buy the PS2 for CDs, DVDs, PS1 and PS2 games all at once, but there's a limit. For instance, I'm not interested in internet access on my console: that's what PCs are for. Every time I pop a Genesis game in, I always appreciate the simpler things in gaming life.

Benit149: First Lady of Addervon, Princess of Slight Fever, defender of the Nameless.
Drizzt

Rangers Of Mielikki

250081 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I agree about your thoughts on Final Fantasy 12 Benit149, a game 'rushed' is never any good, and when a game company takes their sweet time, the results tend to be well worth it. It is not really that big of a problem for me no matter how late a game is released, as I still own several thousand I need to finish haha. I love the Xbox so much because of the extreme potential for great emulation that it provides (not that I would know anything about that *cough, Legal Protection, cough*.

In regards to console-loyalty I felt a lot like you The Hot Ice though I was sort of the opposite, I hated anything Nintendo 64 related and only played PSX games. I could not stand to play any of the game for the 64 so I never got into it. Though in time I did find some good games I liked but that was really too late and the console was well and truly extinct.

Things never used to be like this loyalty wise for me back in the day. I would own/play a Sega Megadrive (Genesis) whilst also own/playing a Super Nintendo and Master System etc etc. I did not care or make a fuss about those sort of things back then, I just loved many games on each system. I came back into this way of thinking right before the PS2 was first released. The console looked sweet and so did the XBOX and Gamecube, so I wanted all three, but on their first release who could really afford all three?

Back on topic, I hope more RPG games are made by many different developers, but that they take their time and maybe give us some good demos/previews before the end of the year. Although I would love another Grand Theft Auto, I don't want it to be released 2005 for rush reasons again. Speaking of Suikoden 5 this is my number one game I do NOT want Konami to rush, but I would still like it to be out on shelves in Japan at least before the year ends (imports...).

Oh and Hot Ice, if you can find me a 'Xbox-360' within this month I will pay you $5000 for it, what do you say, do we have a deal? So you better rush over to Microsoft and ask for one of their secret copies they have completed 100%. Seriously though I personally don't want any of these new consoles coming out for a few more years, the PS2 and Xbox still have plenty of potential and I don't want any game companies to ditch them for a good while et. The PSX could have provided us with so many more superb RPG's if it was not thrown over a cliff so fast many years ago...
Beethoven4567

Sacred Guards

39804 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My 2005 Predictions on the Gaming Industry:

1. The Nintendo Gamecube will see a dramatic reduction in sales; Nintendo's days as a console maker are numbered.

2. Sony will announce a sequel to the Legend of Dragoon for the PS2.

3. There will be a sequel to Lunar 2:EBC announced.

4. Final Fantasy XII will be released in Japan in November 2005, with a July 2006 release for the US version.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: