Suikoden Ugly and Irenic Kosher Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Guild Wars

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Starslasher

Chunks of Chaco-late.

1177790 Potch
300 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 11:17 pm    Post subject: Guild Wars Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Does anyone play it besides me?

It's an MMORPG, like World of Warcraft. You can find the home page here. Well, it is pretty popular, and there are 3 or 4 games of it out, such as GW: Nightfall, Eye of the North and Prophecies.

Here was my impression when i played it: It's a bit too generic, i have to admit. You can be a Warrior, Elementalist (Mage), Ranger, Monk (Healer) and Mesmer (another kind of mage, related with illusions), and there are other classes added with that in other games, such as the Paragon (Paladin),Dervish, Ritualist and Assassin. Basic Fantasy setting, and you follow through a series of mission to go through.

The main feature for the gameplay is the primary/secondary classes. So you can be a warrior/ranger, or a Monk/Mesmer or whatever. You will be able to get all the skills from the primary class you've chosen while the you will get most, but not all, the skills from the secondary class. Doesn't sound too imagintaive, does it?

Well, the original game was too boring for me. But then i started playing Nightfall. I have to admit that i'm having tons of fun on it. I was hoping to see what you guys, who have played it, thought about it. Maybe we could get together for a mission later on.

Bork! Bork! Bork!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
retrospect.

Cosby You! Black Entertainer

102725 Potch
420 Soldiers
30 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Guild Wars is really really, really really, really really, really really really bad. That's my 2 cents.

I play WoW.

Kooluk Companions

543627 Potch
467 Soldiers
4141829 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have played neither of them.

Why is it bad retrospect.?? How is World of WarCraft better than Guild Wars??
retrospect.

102725 Potch
420 Soldiers
30 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Guild Wars has little to no depth, incredibly lacking in end-game, a max level of 20 which is achievable in a matter of hours, and is based on a very weak pvp system with no real rewards. really simple and pointless. world of warcraft has an incredibly in depth raiding system with a vast array of things to do in it and constantly expanding content that goes beyond simply new areas to level 1-20 characters and fight each other. incredibly huge community of players, significantly more fun, and offers much much more by way of "hey i'm enjoying this" than GW does.

of course this is just my opinion as i've played WoW for 3 years and guildwars bored me after a few days.

Getsuga

209279 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I tried to play Guild Wars a couple of times. I just couldnt get into it, there is not enough content, I don't like the idividual map thingies, as said before you can only get lvl 20.

I use to play alot of WoW. But stopped recently, because well I just lost interest in it. I've played for a long time, and have not got a character higher than lvl 50, so it got tiresome.
Starslasher

Chunks of Chaco-late.

1177790 Potch
300 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I see where you're coming from retrospect. That was how i felt about the first game. But the other one, Nightfall is better. Granted, it's only a bit more better.

Truth be told, i would have rather played WoW, except that i don't ever, ever, ever want to pay to play. I'm just a cheapskate that way. :oops: it doesn't matter how much i love the Warcraft games, since i had played Warcraft II and III, including the expansion Frozen Throne, no matter how much fun it looked like, if i have to pay for it, then you can forget it. Guild Wars is free. :P

Bork! Bork! Bork!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Keriaku

Angels' Requiem

114115 Potch
0 Soldiers
1 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think it gives the game a huge disservice to say you can get to Level 20 in matter of hours :\ I don't think that's true. And you really need to get into the PvP to get into Guild Wars.
Amyral

Windriders

544907 Potch
4066 Soldiers
620 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Personally, i don't think the level 20 cap is a negative, I think it's a big fucking positive. I hate feeling like I have spend months mindlessly beating peons to get to max level. I don't have any fun by mindlessly leveling, I have fun by being able to move on quickly. In Guild Wars, the max has turned it into being far more about your skill set up and ability than just levels and equipment, which is a huge plus in my book.

I also like how the game took away a lot of the things I absolutely hate in online games. I don't have to compete with other players to kill monsters, and really didn't have to for equipment. I could actually solo much of it, or at the very least play with henchmen.

I do agree, when I played, there wasn't a lot of depth. However, the fact that I didn't have to do anything I hated in online rpgs, I was all for it.
Starslasher

Chunks of Chaco-late.

1177790 Potch
300 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I agree with Keriaku. I don't think that you can get to Level 20 in just a matter of hours, unles by a few you mean 30 or somewhere around there, non stop.

Bork! Bork! Bork!
Zangetsu

Getsuga

209279 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I guess lvl 20 isnt the problem the little Guild Wars that I played, it just seemed the setting was very dry, not enough areas. Where as WoW there are a ton of areas, and different type settings.
retrospect.

102725 Potch
420 Soldiers
30 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Starslasher wrote:
I agree with Keriaku. I don't think that you can get to Level 20 in just a matter of hours, unles by a few you mean 30 or somewhere around there, non stop.

to get to the end of the game in 30 hours time played is a matter of hours, considering it's close to 14-18 days played to get to 70 in WoW. that's time clocked, not actual days of playing casually.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: